Goodpasture @ Camden

Ctownfootball

I don't really know. Conner is a great athlete, big and very strong, good arm, not great consistent accuracy and very smart. He is fearless, durable, a hard runner and hard for highschoolers to tackle, but he may not be quick enough for a DI QB. He could easily play, IMO, for IIA and would fit in great for some schools. I hope he proves me wrong, gets recruited in 1A and becomes a star. I am not that close to him even though my son is a classmate.

Tripp is a close friend of my family and son. Don't know about his speed for D1. He has great hands, good instincts, runs well after the catch, is very smart, and has always excelled at everything he has done in life. He is a great student, musician and singer, plays the lead in all the school plays. He wants to go to Vandy,but I don't know if they have a scholorship for him. He may walk on if he can get some scholorship help in other ways.

One thing is for sure - regardless of whether they play football in college or not, these two men are winners. They both grew up without a father in the house, are strong Christian men, great students, have great character, and are respected by their friends and adults who know them. They will be a real asset to whatever endeavor they pursue.

I was talking to Chris Sanders at a golf scramble the week of the first CPA/GP game and he was bragging on all of our RB's. I told him, yeah, we've got a bunch of great backs, but you've got Conner and Trip. Conner and Trip counter all of our backs. It looks like we were both right. Again, a shame somebody had to lose so soon. From a spiritual perspective it's a comfort to me young me like Conner and Trip are a part of God's army. That gives me hope for the future. God bless all of the folks at CPA. You guys are a class act. Hope we perform as well at Camden this year as you did last year.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks listen to me.... If you think for a minute that Camden will lay down for you because your GP your dead wrong. Camden has been their own worst enemy against your region in the palyoffs the last two years- Penalites, penalties, and more penalties. The three games we lost this year - we killed ourselves with penalties. If we play a game where we don't make those mental mistakes then we can control the ball and time of possession. I really don't think that you know what your walking into Friday. Man I hope I'm right! If the team is half as stoked about Friday Night as I am then GAME ON! OH BTW Gerry Bertier - last week was a very quiet week at Wright Field possibly the quietest all year, and it didn't seem like there was hardly anybody there . I think everyone just kind of expected a win last week and was lloking forward to either GP or CPA. That was obvious on the field too.

if i am correct i believe that goodpasture has a coach that is familiar with camden football. i believe that a former waverly tiger player (andy mcwilliams) coaches at goodpasture. as a waverly fan i wish camden all the luck, but i tink this might be a difficult animal to tame. but who knows because the lion is the knig of the cat family. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

if i am correct i believe that goodpasture has a coach that is familiar with camden football. i believe that a former waverly tiger player (andy mcwilliams) coaches at goodpasture. as a waverly fan i wish camden all the luck, but i tink this might be a difficult animal to tame. but who knows because the lion is the knig of the cat family. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Your absolutely right, but Camden football is nothing like it was when Scott was here. The offense has changed dramatically. I remember Andy from back when we played. That was when Waverly basically owned us. Our starting QB and family moved to Waverly so he could "BE SEEN" and he went on to KY as a punter. Don't know if he ever took a snap though Andy was the Waverly QB you know. I thik my senior year they beat us 40 - 7. This is not the same Camden Football!

Folks listen to me.... If you think for a minute that Camden will lay down for you because your GP your dead wrong. Camden has been their own worst enemy against your region in the palyoffs the last two years- Penalites, penalties, and more penalties. quote]

Disagree. Vs CPA last year Camden had 2 penalties for 17 yards.

This thread is deja vu from last year. At least this year Camden knows who is coming to play. Still think GP will handle the Lions.

FB Girl - Are you sure about those numbers? I was thinking we had a lot more than that, but I don't have the stats and obviously your looking at them or you wouldn't have posted the exact # of penalties and yardage. BTW I don't know if yall were that good or we were that bad, but we sure did look horrible against CPA last year. We were talking about that the other day and were all in agreement that it was probably the worst that Camden looked all year. Not sure if CPA was that much better or Camden just played that bad, but I still believe that Camden wins this game and I don't see Goodpasture scoring 35 or 40 points. We will only know come Friday night on the field - Thats why you play the games.

Go LIONS!

Crunch! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am a Lion Fan and both schools have great teams getting this far in the play offs. never underestimate your opponents, hope both teams play their very best and hope no injuries, see ya'll at Camden Friday Night. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Go Lions!! Hope to see them play in state /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok, Ok. I've given Alot Of thought After You guys Came In Here And Said Camden Would Lose. And I've Came Up With A New Conclusion. D-R-I-L-L-E-D Goodpasture is Gonna Get Drilled. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

D-R-I-L-L-E-D? Hmmmm....now where have I seen that before? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />