Smyrna @ Lincolin County

seantn_4

Smyrna road warriors!! undefeated on the road the past 2 seasons!

Must be the all white uniforms.

I really think it is due to smyrna is no a huge rah rah team they are all business usually. When they go on the road and get that negative attention for some reason they respond.

One again pack the pit and make it loud!

This late in the year not a lot of secrets here each team knows what the other is going to do. You might throw in a wrinkle or 2 but way to late to make big changes.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna road warriors!! undefeated on the road the past 2 seasons!

Must be the all white uniforms.

I really think it is due to smyrna is no a huge rah rah team they are all business usually. When they go on the road and get that negative attention for some reason they respond.

One again pack the pit and make it loud!

This late in the year not a lot of secrets here each team knows what the other is going to do. You might throw in a wrinkle or 2 but way to late to make big changes.

The pit is a real nice stadium and since this alot of guys last year I would like to see it full. There is nothing like a full pit except a full dawg pound. lol GO SMYRNA!!!!!!!!

He is a 3 sport standout from Oakland, a jr and an honor student. He suffered a hit against Smyrna this year that broke his top vertebrae in 2 places. Being the true competitor that he is....he got up and walked to the sidelines on his own. He attempted to reassure his teammates that the hit he took was nothing. No one knew the severity of the hit......it was the loudest crack you have ever heard . We all figured it was a concussion.....but as he left in an ambulance for Vanderbilt, we knew it was more serious than thought. He is our punter, starting safety, back-up QB, and Receiver. To say that he was crucial to our team was an understatement. That doesn't even factor in how he goes 200% every play. He is lucky not to have been paralyzed. He is in a halo for 3 mths and then will be re-evaluated again to see if he has healed. I am not sure he will ever be able to play sports again and he will be missed this basketball season. It was amazing how he was on our sidelines the remaining games cheering on his teammates in his halo. What an inspiration!! Thanks for the prayers. I know his family appreciates it.

Thanks I will say a special prayer for him.. Good Luck to him and his family...

Here's my take on the Smyrna-Lincoln County game:

Okay Smyrna's the defending State Champions. Will they play with as much heart as they did last year or will the magic simply be lost almost 2 hours away? I'm certainly thinking Smyrna's going to play hard; they're driving so far to play and they aren't going to go all that way to lose. And we're all looking forward to that Smyrna-Riverdale rematch, right? Although I have Wilson Central pulling off a miracle in that game (which their entire season is filled with) you gotta believe it's going to come down to those two AGAIN. Lincoln County's gonna want to come out early and put up some numbers. Alot of you think Smyrna will win but Lincoln County will make a game of it. Alas I'm going to go with the majority and say...

Smyrna 21

Lincoln County 10

I would like extend an invitation to all region 3 teams to come to the PIT friday night and show their support for the FALCONS! HELP us bring the PIT to life!! Show your support for the only region 3 team still in the playoffs, and hopefully help them advance to the next round. GO FALCONS!!!

ill try n show up my dad lives down there so i think thats a reason to go down there

good practice yesterday in full pads

bryson is close to 100% (truf toe all year) he looked fast yesterday in the inside drills

Inside drill was once again intense as they were challenged like last week that lc wants to run and pound the ball and does not think smyrna can play physical enough to stop them although on film they do throw it more on 1st and 2nd down than usual.

As always lc size and power against smyrna speed and quickness.

One advantage smyrna has is they have played several teams that run similar offenses as lc while I reviewed lc's schedule and dont see anybody that runs what smyrna does scheme wise. Smyrna wants to spread you out and if you take to many out of the box to cover they will try to run it with bryson ( for lc fans he is a freshman and has 5 tds the last 2 games as teams focus more on wilkes) Blackman spreads it and runs shotgun but reall more a west virginia style built to run it from the spread.

Who are lc's players I know shelton and moran and what do you expect lc to do friday night scheme wise? Do they have a shut down corner that can cover rod one on one? Best receiver?

good practice yesterday in full pads

bryson is close to 100% (truf toe all year) he looked fast yesterday in the inside drills

Inside drill was once again intense as they were challenged like last week that lc wants to run and pound the ball and does not think smyrna can play physical enough to stop them although on film they do throw it more on 1st and 2nd down than usual.

As always lc size and power against smyrna speed and quickness.

One advantage smyrna has is they have played several teams that run similar offenses as lc while I reviewed lc's schedule and dont see anybody that runs what smyrna does scheme wise. Smyrna wants to spread you out and if you take to many out of the box to cover they will try to run it with bryson ( for lc fans he is a freshman and has 5 tds the last 2 games as teams focus more on wilkes) Blackman spreads it and runs shotgun but reall more a west virginia style built to run it from the spread.

Who are lc's players I know shelton and moran and what do you expect lc to do friday night scheme wise? Do they have a shut down corner that can cover rod one on one? Best receiver?

If they can shut rod down lets open some holes up and run the ball.....Smyrna 35-14..

Smyrna's coach has built no tradition there. He has been there for close to two decades with only one ring and one appearnce at state? He was in easy 4-A too. That is not a dynasty or tradition. Louis Thompson is a legend who wins at Lincoln County with average talent. Keep running those cocky mouths and posting your doctored video links

Smyrna's coach has built no tradition there. He has been there for close to two decades with only one ring and one appearnce at state? He was in easy 4-A too. That is not a dynasty or tradition. Louis Thompson is a legend who wins at Lincoln County with average talent. Keep running those cocky mouths and posting your doctored video links

we will....just like everybody does.....and hey you know what who cares.....its just fans on here talking everybody does it....we never said we were a dynasty..and we are tyring to start a tradition....so get over yourself