McMinn Central

The Chargerettes need some tougher competition outside the district. The district is just very weak with the exception of Brainard. Do not believe that Sequatchie has a very tough road either. The teams from the Cookeville area will be out biggest obstacle getting to the 'Boro. Jackson County appears to be the best of this bunch. Wish the girls luck in the "Best of Preps". A win against Cleveland would be great for the confidence.The Chargerettes need some tougher competition outside the district. The district is just very weak with the exception of Brainard. Do not believe that Sequatchie has a very tough road either. The teams from the Cookeville area will be out biggest obstacle getting to the 'Boro. Jackson County appears to be the best of this bunch. Wish the girls luck in the "Best of Preps". A win against Cleveland would be great for the confidence.

Jackson County has moved down to Single A. The great thing about basketball is that you can play better competition to get better. Football you get what you get, and a loss can hurt you. Funny as it seems, a loss in basketball can help sometimes.

I wish that the local grammer schools would branch out and play some better competition, i. e., Cleveland teams. The kids need to see these types of teams. I think they could benifit from playing this better competition as well.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the chattanooga tourney going to be played at? Central vs Cleveland-what time ?

The first game will be at McCallie at 7:00pm Thursday. Why they put Central vs Cleveland the first game is beyond me. They are the two best team that will be there and the big thing is the amount of fans each brings. Maybe they want a Chat-town team to atleast come in second?????

The first game will be at McCallie at 7:00pm Thursday. Why they put Central vs Cleveland the first game is beyond me. They are the two best team that will be there and the big thing is the amount of fans each brings. Maybe they want a Chat-town team to atleast come in second?????

You got that right!! The drop off after these two teams is dramatic. They know our fans will be there no matter who we play.

Some way some how our girls have got to see some better competition to make the drive to the Boro. The district is the weakest I have ever seen it and with us only carrying 11 players, who can all play, the "Mercy Rule" is being applied fairly regular. I know it is frustrating for the other coaches but when our second five is getting as much floor time as the first five, you can't hold down the score.

Some way some how our girls have got to see some better competition to make the drive to the Boro. The district is the weakest I have ever seen it and with us only carrying 11 players, who can all play, the "Mercy Rule" is being applied fairly regular. I know it is frustrating for the other coaches but when our second five is getting as much floor time as the first five, you can't hold down the score.

Real good artical in the Chatt free press about this game. Here is the link:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/t...&zoneid=133