AA top 20 poll

shpshter93

How can anyone not pick the Marshall County Tigeretts to win the State Championship. To have 15 teams picked higher is a joke. They were State Runner-up this past year and they return all of their players. I am not saying that they are unbeatable, But they would not lose games to all of those listed above them. Who voted for CPA, in the top 20, they would or will get hammered by Marshall, they have not even competed in their own District the past 3 years.

I am not a fan of Marshall County, but at least I have the integrity to give them the respect they deserve and that they have earned.

Good luck to everyone...starting tomorrow night

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, this early in the season, the fan poll is based on just that. What teams particular fans like. As to who should be #1. At this stage of the game, #1 is not important. What's important is who's #1 at the end of the season. As we all know, the best team at the beginning of the season, has no guarentee that they will be on top at the end of the season. Last year's state teams proved that point. Some of the best teams in TN were either at the tournaments watching other teams play or at home watching it on TV. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

How can anyone not pick the Marshall County Tigeretts to win the State Championship. To have 15 teams picked higher is a joke. They were State Runner-up this past year and they return all of their players. I am not saying that they are unbeatable, But they would not lose games to all of those listed above them. Who voted for CPA, in the top 20, they would or will get hammered by Marshall, they have not even competed in their own District the past 3 years.

I am not a fan of Marshall County, but at least I have the integrity to give them the respect they deserve and that they have earned.

Good luck to everyone...starting tomorrow night

The Obion Central Lady Rebels deserve to be up pretty high especially considering what they did to Marshall County on a neutral court last weekend...

• 2 weeks later...

Upperman

Obion

Marshall Co.

Austin-East

But Marshall Co. has been struggling somewhat lately.

Is this the Austin East team that is 5-4? If they dont start playing better they will only get to the boro, by paying to get in.

Marshall County has one loss, that is to obion

Obion has one loss that is to Gibson?

Upperman has a tough row to hoe

As far as Marshall County Basketball, please tell me how they are struggling? The only loss that they have was during a Thanksgiving Tournament to Obion. They are playing very good basketball with an awesome defense. Have they been blowing out other teams, sometimes yes, sometimes no. The reason for this is that after they get a comfortable lead, the coaches sit the starters down and let the younger girls play. They are a very well coached, disciplined basketball team. A lot of times they are overlooked because they are smaller than other schools, please don't let this fool you, they are a very good, well focused basketball team - they don't brag, and they work very well as a team.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Tigerettes - take each game one at a time, as each game gives you the ability to grow stronger! Much Love to each of you! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Unlike NCAA football, the polls mean nothing in TSSAA. The only place where "rankings" are in effect is in the district bracket placement. Our team has only lost one game to a school with an extra "A" then us, and has beaten every team they have faced in our district, but the strength+schedule rankings has a team in our district (that we beat) ranked above us. All that matters is who beats who. Win the games and you'll get to the 'boro, regardless of what the fans think.