High School Girls Are Ready To Wrestle

mtnman

I know there has been a lot of talk on here about girls wrestling.

Although girls wrestling isn't a TSSAA sanctioned sport there will be a double-elimination tournament held in conjunction with the TSSAA boys Division I state duals wrestling tournament at Clarksville High School this year. It will be held by TSSAA.

The girls will be given awards and honors just like in the boys tournament.

Here is an article on the Chattanoogan: High School Girls Are Ready To Wrestle

I know there has been a lot of talk on here about girls wrestling.

Although girls wrestling isn't a TSSAA sanctioned sport there will be a double-elimination tournament held in conjunction with the TSSAA boys Division I state duals wrestling tournament at Clarksville High School this year. It will be held by TSSAA.

The girls will be given awards and honors just like in the boys tournament.

Here is an article on the Chattanoogan: High School Girls Are Ready To Wrestle

Are you kidding me?

Artie Manning, are you serious, add flavor? If you want to add flavor, bring on girls mud wrestling, with Ox as a Manager similiar to the movie "Stripes"!

1) I'm glad to see that the girls will wrestle girls and not boys anymore. It was always weird for a boy to have to go up against a girl. I know, I know, its the 21st century but it still was weird for the boys regardless of Gloria Steinman. Congratulations to the girls who worked so hard for this recognition.

2) But, why did Div II get a change of venue from Clarksville to Nashville for the dual state championship? Was this to make room for the girls? Clarksville was always an overcrowded venue, true. But seperating Div I from Div II for what feels like a sideshow circus act is a little insutling. I know the girls and TSSAA are sincere, but in my gut, it still smacks of WWF. Maybe this wasn't the reason for the change in Div II venue? Somebody help me here. All I know that it was always great to see all the teams in Tennessee bringing it under one roof. Then, if your team made it to the semi-finals and finals, the crowds would clear out and the parents got treated to 2 awesome semi final and championship final divisons wrestling at the same time. I will miss that.

3) Poor old Division II will just have to enjoy their own stand alone dual state championship in Nashville without the thrill of Bear Cat Brown and recently retired Harry Thorton. I'll miss pulling for the GREEN as well but I don't think I'll miss the girl's tournament. More power to them but I still thinks its just a little strange is all. Call me old fashion. Kind of like the whole gay thing. I don't consider myself homophobic but I still can't watch 1/2 of TV anymore due to all the gay content and I still can't seem to face girls wrestling either. Not that there is anything wrong with it. I respect everyone for who they are and what motivates them to do whatever they do. I hope they can respect me for my short comings as well. Its just that this old boy is kind of looking forward to an all boys state duals in Nashville. Yall have fun in Clarksville, ya hear!

1) I'm glad to see that the girls will wrestle girls and not boys anymore. It was always weird for a boy to have to go up against a girl. I know, I know, its the 21st century but it still was weird for the boys regardless of Gloria Steinman. Congratulations to the girls who worked so hard for this recognition.

2) But, why did Div II get a change of venue from Clarksville to Nashville for the dual state championship? Was this to make room for the girls? Clarksville was always an overcrowded venue, true. But seperating Div I from Div II for what feels like a sideshow circus act is a little insutling. I know the girls and TSSAA are sincere, but in my gut, it still smacks of WWF. Maybe this wasn't the reason for the change in Div II venue? Somebody help me here. All I know that it was always great to see all the teams in Tennessee bringing it under one roof. Then, if your team made it to the semi-finals and finals, the crowds would clear out and the parents got treated to 2 awesome semi final and championship final divisons wrestling at the same time. I will miss that.

3) Poor old Division II will just have to enjoy their own stand alone dual state championship in Nashville without the thrill of Bear Cat Brown and recently retired Harry Thorton. I'll miss pulling for the GREEN as well but I don't think I'll miss the girl's tournament. More power to them but I still thinks its just a little strange is all. Call me old fashion. Kind of like the whole gay thing. I don't consider myself homophobic but I still can't watch 1/2 of TV anymore due to all the gay content and I still can't seem to face girls wrestling either. Not that there is anything wrong with it. I respect everyone for who they are and what motivates them to do whatever they do. I hope they can respect me for my short comings as well. Its just that this old boy is kind of looking forward to an all boys state duals in Nashville. Yall have fun in Clarksville, ya hear!

Allsaints, what do you post ever other year. We missed you.

There are two reasons that The beautiful people will no longer be with us at Clarksville.

1) The small school Dual have added 4 more teams , and the TSSAA felt like with the addition it would put to many people in an already packed, but exciting event.

2) The real reason is that several Baylor School for Boys and Girls rich IMPORTANT daddies, were tired of several months after the duals, their wives would wake them up in the middle of the night singing the Notre Dame fight song. Looks like Harry and I will have to conquer another team this year in the Friday night Battle. Please send team mom pictures to ............

How's that boy of yours ??

You know he still could slide down the skreet and wrestle for Everyones favorite, Notre Dame

bcb iii

Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Seinfield quote from one of their funnier episodes.

Allsaints is correct, its a real shame the TSSAA is going to deprive all the D1 folks the opportunity to see the majority of the top wrestlers in the state as supported by Bayou Bear's post documenting TN boys at the next level. Maybe a good cat fight will make up for it?

Seinfield quote from one of their funnier episodes.

Allsaints is correct, its a real shame the TSSAA is going to deprive all the D1 folks the opportunity to see the majority of the top wrestlers in the state as supported by Bayou Bear's post documenting TN boys at the next level. Maybe a good cat fight will make up for it?

LOL- He's trolling pretty hard, anybody biting today ?

=its a real shame the TSSAA is going to deprive all the D1 folks the opportunity to see the majority of the top wrestlers in the state as supported by Bayou Bear's post documenting TN boys at the next level. =

Yeah...it's weird...the top wrestlers are from D2, and the smarter students are from D1 (i.e. Columbia, Princeton, etc.).

Are you kidding me?

Artie Manning, are you serious, add flavor? If you want to add flavor, bring on girls mud wrestling, with Ox as a Manager similiar to the movie "Stripes"!

Besides some tournament in Chattown soon or recently with 4 girls teams I haven't heard much about this new girls wrestling. Now their going to be the other half of the state duals at Clarksville? Good for them but the guys at the TSSAA still haven't even raised an eyebrow about many peoples concerns on double eliminatiion at state, and we've been complaining about that for years. Somethings wrong.

"Allsaints, what do you post ever other year. We missed you."

Its good to be back!

"their wives would wake them up in the middle of the night"

More details requested here!

How's that boy of yours ??

Still trying to win a spot on a very deep line up. I sence traces of the 2005/2006 state championship work out ethic has returned to the "blue room". But all he wants is a shot at your boy: the Green Shogun of take-downs!

"You know he still could slide down the skreet and wrestle for Everyones favorite, Notre Dame"

He's bluer than a Yankee belly button but I wish you'ld hurry up on that new state of the art wrestling facility. Where do I send my donation?

i don't agree with making it a girl dual tournament. there's maybe a handful of all girls teams. there's many teams in tennessee that have but a handful girls on a guys team so why not make it an individual tournament to promote the girls wrestling in tennessee. right now it's not big enough to make a dual state tournament, in a couple more years i can see tenessee with girls teams.

My younger boy happens to practice at Soddy and has had the opportunity to watch the Soddy girls practice.

If the attention that ALL of our boys have given these fine, outstanding girls is any indication as to the success of a girls tournament....... they will succeed.

Let me tell you that these girls have talent. And not just the talent on how you pick your summer baseball teams( good looking moms) they can flat out rassle

Sure walkinvol you guys have far more wrestling talent than the lowly D1 but we for darn sure will have more fun and our State will last a-lot longer than a 6 year old boy on his 1st attempt to ride a bike, unlike yours. So you minute men have a darn good time and come on over to Clarksville after yours is done and see how real women rassle. I know Raider76 will be there

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />