Kenwood or clarksville. i go kenwood by 3

Bigdaddy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so who do u think will win 12/13/07. clarksville has always been dominate ,but becareful because kenwood may pull an upset. so who wins

Well bigdaddy (who joined today), there is a man @ Clarksville

that you may not have heard about. His name is Jeff Jordon (sp)

He knows how to win and so will his boys when it counts! Kenwood better

eat their Wheaties before trying to upset Clarksville. Clarksville will be ready.

I'll start off at the get go and tell everyone I am a first time poster although I have been checking this site out for over two years now. I am currently posting from Iraq so excuse any slow responses that I may have in the future. Didn??™t Clarksville get a new coach? I would say Kenwood has a decent team this year but lack the depth they need in several weight classes to make any real waves, the same could be said for CHS as well. I think Kenwood??™s strongest weight classes this year will be from 112 through 140 with Mycek (HWT) headed back to state to take it all. A key for Kenwood is who they can get to show up and wrestle the top half of the bracket and stick it out for the season(this could produce some key wins). Clarksville is depending on Grady and Weakly to have big years which they may have. It looks as if Kenwood??™s R.B. is going to try and wrestle at 135 which could mean Grady could have trouble in meeting his goals this year. Several of the Kenwood wrestlers could pull of major surprises this year just as Kenwood did last year at regionals. Bottom line: It's a toss up and any one of the two top teams in Clarksville could win this match, it is going to come down to who wants it more.

kenwood has beaten CHS once. that year kenwood won the district but failed to win the region because jeff jordan knows how to light a fire in any team. i've witnessed jeff jordan coach soccer teams that nobody would have given a chance to win, come from the bottom of the middle school soccer league to 3rd. that was with players, some of which may not have performed to their potential had it not been for him and others perform well above the level they ever thought they could play. the same applies to his wrestling teams. this guy knows how to coach. regardless of the talent that CHS has or does not have they will not be a team to overlook in district/region. the same goes to kenwood, they seem to have a way of scaring bradley central in the duals here recently. i would say last year people thought that they would have a tough season after losing tom minwell, daniel pease, nick gosney, jon dial, and forgive me for not remembering some of the other seniors they lost to graduation in 06. this year they have weakley, grady, taylor hall, kellen ferguson, the hebda boys and several others that haven't had their shot on the mats yet. granted i haven't really seen many of the guys they have now but i will say that they will be well coached. but every year there are always people who step up for the team. when it comes to the big dance jordan has a knack for preparation. this is in no way a discredit to kenwood, cause i know they have some really good wrestlers on their team as well.

i was talking with a former UTC wrestler who wrestled at CHS and he said that he thought that Clarksville practices are some of the most intense he had been in. this is coming from a guy who wrestled for terry brands. granted college level practices are going to be much tougher than high school practices but someone who has experienced some of the toughest training the highest level of wrestling has to offer is saying alot.

good luck to both teams though, if my schedule permits i'll be at this match hopefully celebrating a Clarksville High win.

kenwood has beaten CHS once. that year kenwood won the district but failed to win the region because jeff jordan knows how to light a fire in any team. i've witnessed jeff jordan coach soccer teams that nobody would have given a chance to win, come from the bottom of the middle school soccer league to 3rd. that was with players, some of which may not have performed to their potential had it not been for him and others perform well above the level they ever thought they could play. the same applies to his wrestling teams. this guy knows how to coach. regardless of the talent that CHS has or does not have they will not be a team to overlook in district/region. the same goes to kenwood, they seem to have a way of scaring bradley central in the duals here recently. i would say last year people thought that they would have a tough season after losing tom minwell, daniel pease, nick gosney, jon dial, and forgive me for not remembering some of the other seniors they lost to graduation in 06. this year they have weakley, grady, taylor hall, kellen ferguson, the hebda boys and several others that haven't had their shot on the mats yet. granted i haven't really seen many of the guys they have now but i will say that they will be well coached. but every year there are always people who step up for the team. when it comes to the big dance jordan has a knack for preparation. this is in no way a discredit to kenwood, cause i know they have some really good wrestlers on their team as well.

i was talking with a former UTC wrestler who wrestled at CHS and he said that he thought that Clarksville practices are some of the most intense he had been in. this is coming from a guy who wrestled for terry brands. granted college level practices are going to be much tougher than high school practices but someone who has experienced some of the toughest training the highest level of wrestling has to offer is saying alot.

good luck to both teams though, if my schedule permits i'll be at this match hopefully celebrating a Clarksville High win.

Preach on brother, He can win no matter who he has! By the way, Congrats to Jeff and his U-14 D1 State soccer champion boys (Arsenal Kaos)! They won state last week after their first SEASON together as a team. Jeff is one heck

of a coach!

i believe clarksville will win this match...it's very early to tell just yet, and i'm not saying kenwood is definitely out of the question (anyone can be beaten at any given time) but if i were a betting man, i would say the more experienced coaching staff (going to numerous state duals, even hosting and being around top wrestling makes you better) will be able to get their guys ready and set up their lineup to pull off a victory. They have a lot of experience with not only their wrestlers competing at higher levels, but they know how to win dual matches. so i'm going with clarksville on this one =P

Preach on brother, He can win no matter who he has! By the way, Congrats to Jeff and his U-14 D1 State soccer champion boys (Arsenal Kaos)! They won state last week after their first SEASON together as a team. Jeff is one heck

of a coach!

i preach cause i know from experience and it seems you know a little about him yourself. i remember the middle school soccer team thing because i was on Richview's team and everybody always thought "Montgomery Central is no good" and until he was the coach they weren't. was this Kaos team the one with Hayden on it? i knew he coached a heck of a Kaos team there for a little bit but i did not know he had a new team. just goes to show what he's capable of.

The key to this whole debate between kenwood and clarksville is that clarksville cannot overlook kenwood and i doubt that they will, i know kenwood cannot and will not overlook clarksville. it's hard to look past someone you've only beaten once in the last 10 years or however long kenwood has been a school. the thing about kenwood is the years they have good teams so does clarksville. look back to kenwood's early years when clarksville was runner up and state champs. judging by the scores of these duals it was very close matches. i can't remember specifically because i wasn't in high school. but even when i was in high school, when we wrestled them it was always a, and i quote sharrock cobb on this one, "barn burner". so you can't expect any less this year either.

i preach cause i know from experience and it seems you know a little about him yourself. i remember the middle school soccer team thing because i was on Richview's team and everybody always thought "Montgomery Central is no good" and until he was the coach they weren't. was this Kaos team the one with Hayden on it? i knew he coached a heck of a Kaos team there for a little bit but i did not know he had a new team. just goes to show what he's capable of.

The key to this whole debate between kenwood and clarksville is that clarksville cannot overlook kenwood and i doubt that they will, i know kenwood cannot and will not overlook clarksville. it's hard to look past someone you've only beaten once in the last 10 years or however long kenwood has been a school. the thing about kenwood is the years they have good teams so does clarksville. look back to kenwood's early years when clarksville was runner up and state champs. judging by the scores of these duals it was very close matches. i can't remember specifically because i wasn't in high school. but even when i was in high school, when we wrestled them it was always a, and i quote sharrock cobb on this one, "barn burner". so you can't expect any less this year either.

I was just supporting you by my comment. Yes, I know Jeff. My youngest was on his the old Kaos team

a couple years ago. He started a new team last season and they just won state. Hayden is a leader on

the team. For those who don't know Hayden, you will next year. He is an awesome athlete. He knows

wrestling and he should be ranked as a freshman! Before he even steps on the mat. He is that good!

If I know Jeff, He has already studied Kenwood. He knows their weaknesses. He has already started

working on his plan. He knows his own weaknesses and has started to address them as well. The

Clarksville team will be prepared, after that it's up to the kids to execute.

well the great news is that kenwood may have 2 returning medalist but they have a way tougher team then last year. and kenwoods team will be set up just right by time for the clarksville. i think its time that kenwood will pull another upset. so everybody should be there to watch that match...so come out to kenwood on that special day. ill be in the stands cheering for kenwood that day. and celebrating a kenwood win.