MR. FOOTBALL FINALISTS

Big Country

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matlock is prolly one of the most well rounded young kids u will ever find...great person on and off will help u up at the end of the play not talk no smack..and is a even better guy in person...eveyone in school looks up to this kid...n not to mention opposing teams have only ran to his side less than10 percent of the time and averages12 pancakes a game from fullback and te and led the team in sacks tfl and recieving...he is very deserving along with the other nominees n he will tell u in person he would much rather block for chad then get the ball himself...true team player....good luck to all finalists

matlock is prolly one of the most well rounded young kids u will ever find...great person on and off will help u up at the end of the play not talk no smack..and is a even better guy in person...eveyone in school looks up to this kid...n not to mention opposing teams have only ran to his side less than10 percent of the time and averages12 pancakes a game from fullback and te and led the team in sacks tfl and recieving...he is very deserving along with the other nominees n he will tell u in person he would much rather block for chad then get the ball himself...true team player....good luck to all finalists

Matlock was impressive against Trinity last week. Not sure why (but glad) he wasn't used more on offense.

QUOTE(aLcOaChAmP5 @ Nov 17 2007 - 11:35 AM)

Cobb from Alcoa had a statement game last night in a 56-21 win over CAK. He had 160 passing and 3 tds, 150 rushing and 2 tds, and he intercepted a pass and almost ran it back! His best game this year!

What was absent in the mentioning of Cobb's spectacular preformance, and it being his best game of the year is the fact that he has had little opportunity to showcase his talents after halftime of the vast majority of games because his team, the most dominant in 2A ever, so soundly drubbs all of its opponents. Cobb has played in later half of only three games and so his statistics reflect half of what could have been potentialy earned. As for Harper and his mighty peabody team ,hahaha, he is the lone player on is slightly above average team. If this team which is the epitimy of mediocraty ever became fortunate enough to play Alcoa they would leave the in shock and awe, wondering if their eigth amendment rights had been violated because that shure would be cruel and unusual punishment. Fortunately for them this will not happen because if there football skills are not adept enough to deafeat a dismal 4-6 George Washington Carver team by more than 20, they can not beat Milan, but if that aboration did take place Peabody would be dismantled by Goodpasture. Cobb is the most outstanding player in 2A he plays on a team that has not been challenged in a 2a game since the 2005 state championship game. It is impossible to argue that another player deserves the award reserved for the most outstanding player in the state when that respective players team could not play within four touchdowns of cobb and the best team in 2A.

Of course Harper has put up better numbers his team has won only four games by more than 21. This means he had to play the entierty of most games. Cobb has played in three fourth quaters his numbers should be multiplied by two to give an accurate depiction of what he has done over the course of this season. Cobb is the best player on the best team he is commited to play for an institution in the highly touted Southeastern Conference and their is no comparison between his abilities and those of harper, or for that matter anyone in 2A.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> shock and awe, boy this is 8 2A WHERE EVERY WEEK YOUR PLAYING A PLAY OFF TEAM!

OK, Here we go.....

Most Consecutive 100-Yard Rushing Games

2nd in TSAAA history with 25. All time record is 27

Most Points in a Career

2nd in TSSAA history with 696. All time record is 792

Most Points in a Season - Individual

2nd in TSSAA history with 270 in 2006. All time record is 290

Most Rushing Touchdowns in a Career

1st in TSSAA history with 111

Most Rushing Touchdowns in a Season - Individual

Tie for second with 42 in 2006. All time record is 43

Most Rushing Yards by a Quarterback in a Season

1st in TSSAA histroy with 2812 in 2006

2nd in TSSAA histroy with 2184 in 2007

He has first & second in this record

Most Rushing Yards in a Career

3rd in TSSAA histroy with 7434 yards. Second is 7530 & first is 9442

Most Rushing Yards in a Season - Individual

2nd in TSSAA histroy with 2812 in 2006. 1st all time is 3008

Most Touchdowns in a Career

2nd in TSSAA histroy with 111. 1st all time is 132

Most Touchdowns in a Career (Rushing + Passing)

1st in TSSAA histroy with 123

Most Touchdowns in a Season (Rushing + Passing) - Individual

3rd in TSSAA histroy with 45. 2nd all time is 46 & 1st is 52

Most Touchdowns in a Season - Individual

2nd in TSSAA histroy with 42. 1st all time is 48

Total Offense in a Career (Includes Rushing & Passing Yardage Only)

4th in TSSAA history with 8703 yards. 3rd is 9321, 2nd is 9936 & 1st is 10497

Sounds like yall are in trouble next year. Remember those stats and records won't help much next year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

huh all those playoff teams in your region must really prepare your team for the state championship game, oh wait thats the game Alcoa owns. Sorry to disapoint you but no one in your region could stay within twenty points of Alcoa. Just ask Goodpasture how good Alcoa is after the game when they beat your region represenative. Because its pretty obvious to me that Harper and the tide have no chance to play 2A's best football program ever.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> shock and awe, boy this is 8 2A WHERE EVERY WEEK YOUR PLAYING A PLAY OFF TEAM!

Well you just make sure to be at the state game, and Alcoa will show you a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM, not a playoff team! You don't wanna see Alcoa right now because they are clicking on all cylinders!

huh all those playoff teams in your region must really prepare your team for the state championship game, oh wait thats the game Alcoa owns. Sorry to disapoint you but no one in your region could stay within twenty points of Alcoa. Just ask Goodpasture how good Alcoa is after the game when they beat your region represenative. Because its pretty obvious to me that Harper and the tide have no chance to play 2A's best football program ever.

OK, your right, everyone is scared of Alcoa, no body will show up for the championship game and you guys can play with each other. (Bet you like that idea) /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Well you just make sure to be at the state game, and Alcoa will show you a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM, not a playoff team! You don't wanna see Alcoa right now because they are clicking on all cylinders!

I have seen Alcoa play.....in fact the last time I saw them Milan was kicking the cowboy crap out of them in a game that Alcoa "couldn't loose."

OK, your right, everyone is scared of Alcoa, no body will show up for the championship game and you guys can play with each other. (Bet you like that idea) /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

If only this scenario could happen then and only then Alcoa could finally play in a competitive 2A game. Unfortunately freeacen you are living in dream world this won't happen becuse Goodpasture is too proud of their annual silver ball to not show up. As for me being right about everyone being scared of Alcoa I never said that. I'm sure other teams are confident they can beat Alcoa,but they are sadly mistaken no team in 2A is good enogh to play with Alcoa for four quaters.

I have seen Alcoa play.....in fact the last time I saw them Milan was kicking the cowboy crap out of them in a game that Alcoa "couldn't loose."

I also question the validity of this post I checked the TSSAA website and Alcoa has never played nor been defeated by milan in the playoffs and I seriously doubt the teams met in the regular season so some one might want to present some facts or stop posting thing that are untruths. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />