MR. FOOTBALL FINALISTS

Big Country

You're probably right. I played with him so I should remember but I don't. I was young and didn't pay much attention to that kind of stuff back then. He certainly had the numbers to be nominated. But I'll say this, he got "showed up" in round 1 of the playoffs by Mr. Swift of Lake Co. that year. That loss still hurts. I guess thats what happens when you play against NFL material.

Actually that's what happens when you have a horrible coach that doesn't listen when the running back (who btw STILL holds many records after 13 years) tells him that his blockers aren't covering well enough and and to CHANGE THE PLAY... and the coach doesn't listen... besides the fact that that no one ever heard of the winner that year because the it was a split decision between Gardner and Earheart. I was there.. I remember that game quite well.

However, I AM very happy for Yates! He's a good boy, and is from a great family. On top of which I would like to say Congratulations to Orlando for his opportunity to play in Hawaii... at least this way you'll be far enough from my Daddy to do any damage!!!! JK! Good luck to both of you! I love you guys!!!

LEE

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats fine too... Sorry he was sick.

Marco now has numbers that can be compareable to Jordan's. If the numbers on the Tennessean is correct, Marco is only a little over 200 yards from Jordan & has 1 more TD than he does.

Stats in The Tennessean is incorrect. Jordan has 2783 yards rushing and his season is over. He's playing basketball at McEwen tonight. Great team player. He doesn't worry about hurting a knee or leg, he just plays sports. Also, look for him on the baseball field this spring. Great homerun hitter, power to spare.

[.

Stats in The Tennessean is incorrect. Jordan has 2783 yards rushing and his season is over. He's playing basketball at McEwen tonight. Great team player. He doesn't worry about hurting a knee or leg, he just plays sports. Also, look for him on the baseball field this spring. Great homerun hitter, power to spare.

Thanks for the update fish. Good numbers Jordan has but I (my opinion) think Marco Dailey wins Class 1A Mr Football. Basketball & baseball have nothing to do with Mr Football, Marco plays basketball also, for what ever it is worth. It would have nice to see the two match up aganist each other, in football.

same with matlock played most the game last night at mcewen n led the team in homeruns the last two years

It was round #2, and there were 10 other guys on the field that night.

Actually that's what happens when you have a horrible coach that doesn't listen when the running back (who btw STILL holds many records after 13 years) tells him that his blockers aren't covering well enough and and to CHANGE THE PLAY... and the coach doesn't listen... besides the fact that that no one ever heard of the winner that year because the it was a split decision between Gardner and Earheart. I was there.. I remember that game quite well.

However, I AM very happy for Yates! He's a good boy, and is from a great family. On top of which I would like to say Congratulations to Orlando for his opportunity to play in Hawaii... at least this way you'll be far enough from my Daddy to do any damage!!!! JK! Good luck to both of you! I love you guys!!!

LEE

I wasn't trying to disrespect Chris, all I was saying was that on that night Micheal Swift stood out more than Chris. I think Chris is awesome and back then I honestly didn't think he could be stopped. Until that night he was unstoppable. As for the other guys on the team they didn't do much better. And as far as the coaching goes, lets just say that it has gotten better over the years. There was a ton of talent on that team and I don't think we had as much talent the following year but we played much better under Adkins.

I wasn't trying to disrespect Chris, all I was saying was that on that night Micheal Swift stood out more than Chris. I think Chris is awesome and back then I honestly didn't think he could be stopped. Until that night he was unstoppable. As for the other guys on the team they didn't do much better. And as far as the coaching goes, lets just say that it has gotten better over the years. There was a ton of talent on that team and I don't think we had as much talent the following year but we played much better under Adkins.

Let me first of all correct the errors Lalli52 left.

1. The coaches were not asked to change the plays for lack of blocking!!!!! You can't gain over 5,000 yards and 58 Carrer TD's by yourself. There was a pretty spectacular line and blocking backs in that 3 year span.

They were asked to change the plays for the following reasons.

A. To get us out of the mud. The old field held water in front of the home bleachers and the plays kept going to the large mud hole that remained after the weeks rain.

B. To give the ball to Alex Washington more because he was having a far better night than Chris.

2. There is no such thing as a tie or draw or split desicion for the Mr. Football Award. There is in fact 2 finalist and 1 winner in each of 5 classifications (no separte divsion for linemen existed in 93, that was started in 94).

3. Chico Gardner won the title for class 3A (Springfield High) Chris Earheart was a finalist for Class 1A (Urban Garret USJ won). There was no competition between the two as they were in separate classifications.

4. These things I know because I to WAS NOT ONLY THERE FOR THE GAME BUT PLAYED EVERY SNAP OF OFFENSE THAT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

SECONDLY LET ME SAY THAT THIS OCCURED 13 YEARS AGO AND WE SHOULD ALL BE BEHIND THE CURRENT FINALIST AARON YATES, WHO I HOPE IS NOT JUST THE SECOND TO BE NOMINATED FROM JB, BUT THE FIRST TO WIN IT FOR HIMSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO PROUDLY WORE THE RED AND WHITE.

AS WE ALL KNOW NEITHER GOT THE NOMINATION BY HIM SELF BUT IT HAS MADE A WHOLE COMMUNITY PROUD.

GOOD LUCK AARON, BRING HOME THAT TROPHY.

GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!