Sequoyah Football

warchief

I personally have never seen the kids bickering about Madisonville/Vonore, its just the adults around here who cant let go of their "Glory Days", comments like this one Foreal put up is just STUPID, this is SEQUOYAH HIGH SCHOOL, THE HOME OF THE CHIEFS, get on board or shut up, that goes for anybody who tries to say that there is trouble between the kids because of where they come from. I'm not saying dont be proud of your town, be very proud, but be even prouder of your school, your classmates. Sequoyah will be very competitive in the up and coming years and the longer Sequoyah is here the better it will get. The upcoming classes are smaller than the usual numbers Sequoyah is use to seeing, so the "seams" should hold just fine. GO CHIEFS!!!

I agree. This is an idea that would never get off the ground,and has less merit than middle school ball. As I have commented before,Sequoyah is our school,the old days are gone,support what we have now....for the kids sake if nothing else! Say what you want,believe what you will,but get off the dead horse and start supporting these kids or stay home. You guys remind me of those who will never step up to try anything,but always complain about those who at least try. To tell the truth,it has really grown old and stale,and I don't know who you talk to that agrees with you so much,but I appreciate every effort made by EVERY coach to help my son improve in football as well as life. I respect your right to disagree,but these comment about the volunteer coaches need to stop. You have been invited numerous times to sit down and share your vast supply of knowledge with these guys,and you have not responded,so until you decide to grow some and look them in the eye,my suggestion is to just hush. On a better note,all the guys are getting stronger,improving their max lifts,and overall working hard. They seem to have a good work ethic,and that is what it is going to take. We just need to encourage them to work harder,and stay after it. GO CHIEFS!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. This is an idea that would never get off the ground,and has less merit than middle school ball. As I have commented before,Sequoyah is our school,the old days are gone,support what we have now....for the kids sake if nothing else! Say what you want,believe what you will,but get off the dead horse and start supporting these kids or stay home. You guys remind me of those who will never step up to try anything,but always complain about those who at least try. To tell the truth,it has really grown old and stale,and I don't know who you talk to that agrees with you so much,but I appreciate every effort made by EVERY coach to help my son improve in football as well as life. I respect your right to disagree,but these comment about the volunteer coaches need to stop. You have been invited numerous times to sit down and share your vast supply of knowledge with these guys,and you have not responded,so until you decide to grow some and look them in the eye,my suggestion is to just hush. On a better note,all the guys are getting stronger,improving their max lifts,and overall working hard. They seem to have a good work ethic,and that is what it is going to take. We just need to encourage them to work harder,and stay after it. GO CHIEFS!

WOOOOOOOO!!! AMEN!!! GO CHIEFSSSS!!!! Woooop da WILDCATS!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!! I know its early, but the reservation needs to be packed for Sweetwater!! Shoot it needs to be packed for any up and coming scrimmages!! GO CHIEFS!!! I know my son is pumped and ready to stomp a mud hole in something, hopefully a WILDCAT!!! GO CHIEFS!!!! The o-line will knock the fur off the Wildkittens, Mr. White will run wild!!! GO CHIEFS!!!

Your post nails it on the head BlueQB12. Coach Summey has made it clear that he has an open door policy. So if you have a problem or need some awnsers go talk to him about it. This is our school and it deserves our support. This is our team and they deserve our support. And these are our coaches and they deserve our support. Spring practice will be here before you know it. Summer will come and go fast, and then it will be football season. 1st game is Sweetwater. Now that should be enough motivation for all of us. GO CHIEFS /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

WOOOOOOOO!!! AMEN!!! GO CHIEFSSSS!!!! Woooop da WILDCATS!!!!! GO CHIEFS!!!! I know its early, but the reservation needs to be packed for Sweetwater!! Shoot it needs to be packed for any up and coming scrimmages!! GO CHIEFS!!! I know my son is pumped and ready to stomp a mud hole in something, hopefully a WILDCAT!!! GO CHIEFS!!!! The o-line will knock the fur off the Wildkittens, Mr. White will run wild!!! GO CHIEFS!!!

See there, Its definitly enough motivation for DumDum!!

If'un you See-quo-yuh fans will leeve coach Some-me alone, he will haiv tha Cheefs back on top soon!!!

This is one of the best post on this thread. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Ready for the fur to fly /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

You dont know who agrees with us about the daddy coaches? Dont insult me or talk down to me for being annonymously honest. I heard you telling one of the parents of a junior player during Hollaways last season about how excited you were about the possibility of getting Summey the following year because he wouldnt have anything to do with that (daddy coaches) and that you would be really surprised and dissappointed if he didnt put a stop to it. Obviously, telling the truth is whats grown old and stale. I respect your right to try and fit into the group. Good luck with that!!! Do you think maybe it would help if you told the coaches how you really feel or would they take it out on your boy on the field. I think Ill just remain annonymous.

You can go back and read plenty of my previous posts to get it right. I said that coach Summey would not keep them around if he did not feel they could help the team be better. Obviously,he is comfortable with their efforts,so I have to be. I'm not there, he is,and as I have said before, I trust his judgement. Quote me, that's fine, just get it right. If they were adversely affecting the team, yes I would be disappointed. Again, it's not for me to judge, and that's his decision. Just like the school situation, this is what we have, and for the kids I support his decision making. Whether I agree or disagree with him on anything is irrelevant. I just want the kids to be successful(every one of them) the same as my own. I was and still am encouraged by the improvement the team made this past year and I'm looking forward to the coming year. Call it sticking my head in the sand or whatever, that's where I stand. I believe in coach Summey to steer the program in the right direction. Also,these guys you want to talk so bad about were my friends before Sequoyah, and I hope they remain that way long after I'm gone. Speaking of which, I will have to take some backwater. I saw where the school board discussed how large the school would or could get, and the words Vonore High School came up, so this possibility has more merit than I thought or would have believed. I was very surprised 1200 or so would be the limit. In previous conversations, I had been led to believe 2000 was the more realistic number. Also, it is never my intent to insult anyone, so please forgive me if you can. That is the farthest thing from my mind when I post on this thread. I want to see the kids I have helped coach through LL and watched grow up be the best they can be, and that is all. Politics is definitely not my game. GO CHIEFS, BEAT sweetwater!