Sequoyah Football

warchief

The point is if you compare these candidates and look at them without "preconceived " desires or wants there is no comparison. So you want to hire a guy based on where he lives?????? Your reaching for straws here. Just like DevilsAdvocate = SID lying about Gregory and the letter signed by the kids, lying to Lowery that one of the candidates had been at 10 schools in 10 years( this came straight out of Lowery's mouth on two different occasions, it will all come out Kevin.) When in fact he has been at 3 schools in 8 years. So you bring out your crystal ball and believe the better candidate should not be hired because at some point he might leave??? You think he should not be hired because he has connections to the SEC????? The man has property close buy and grandkids. He wants to be close to them and give his wife that opportunity. The program does need stability but you are not going to get it by hiring someone because of some past experience you had or where they live, or because they "might" stay. You will get stability by hiring the most qualified guy. The Vonore gang are beating there drums for a guy that may be a very good coach but in this case just does not measure up. You can slice it and dice it any way you want but that is just the simple truth. If Satterfield were the best applicant they had I would have absolutely no problem with it.

Guess again, DevilsAdvocate does not = SID. The information of 10 jobs in 12 years came from a reliable source and I have not even spoken with Mr. Lowry. I have been asked my opinion by someone at Oak Grove and I have given it. My opinion was no matter who the next coach was, they needed to be willing to commit to 5 years or more. People really need to quit making assumptions onn here. If you wanted to know if I was the DevilsAdvocate, you should have asked, I would have told you. As far as me having a personal agenda, wrong again. I am flattered that you feel I yeild so much power to single handedly persuade so many to make a decision. But the truth is I don't. I am just like anyone else, I have opinions that probably don't get noticed beyond my saying them or typing them. I told everyone coming and going that I thought coach Summey would be a good hire. Yes I was upset about his dismissal, he was the first high school coach I had, so it was sentimental. Whats done is done. I talked to coach Black this past Saturday and we both know where the other stands. I feel like Dr. Dave and JR know where I stand with them. No need to air anything out on here. As far as coach Gregory goes, I believe I encouraged people to make his hiring also. As far as coach Satterfield goes, yes I would love to see him get the job. Apparently others would also, some apparently not. I do think his being at Greenback 20 years says a lot about loyalty. Only he knows if he was contacted by other schools or not. Honestly, I have been in the hayfields, on the basketball court, and at the hospital with my father-in-law to try to get too involved. If the guy from Auburn wants to commit to 5 years or more, then who's to say he is not the best one for the job. Or any of the other applicants? You seem to want to call everyone out on everything and make false accusations to screen names, why don't you show your back bone and answer P.J.? I have stayed clear of posting on here during all this because frankly all this bashing and name calling is ridiculous. I was on here a lot when I was wanting coach Summey hired and that didn't work out. Personally, I don't feel like I have had anything to say on the matter. The only reason for posting now is to set the record straight and let you know I am not DevilsAdvocate. DevilsAdvocate I apologize for RedChief putting you down by thinking you and I were the one in the same. Don't hold it against him. Simple mistake of assumptions.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, Hey Warchief shut this thread down!

No way man, reading this thread helps me keep up with the gossip. Also, I have learned way to much football just reading all the comments from all the football gurus on here. Anyhow, if it is shut down, another fifty or sixty pages of chatter will surely take its place.

No way man, reading this thread helps me keep up with the gossip. Also, I have learned way to much football just reading all the comments from all the football gurus on here. Anyhow, if it is shut down, another fifty or sixty pages of chatter will surely take its place.

OK, my bad, your right, just tired of all the negativity.

Dont shut the thread DOWN just shut red chief UP! Hes the one throwing all the negative comments and false accusations. Everyone else is just stating there opinions.

I know what I know, if you look back I havent ran people down just stated facts and have not made false accusations. , I have no agenda as many on here do. That definatley means you and everybody knows how you are. I have a feeling the kids are going to get screwed again. It will all come out this time.

I have access to information at Oak Grove. I will remain anonymous for now. I have a lot invested in this community. I just want the powers to be to make decisions on what is best for the kids and not certain special interest groups.

By reading all of his post on here, RedChief HAS to be either the sports writer for the Democrat or the Booster Club President. He has a lot of connections and he knows a lot of background on all the people on this board.

I know what I know, if you look back I havent ran people down just stated facts and have not made false accusations. , I have no agenda as many on here do. That definatley means you and everybody knows how you are. I have a feeling the kids are going to get screwed again. It will all come out this time.

Read your post that SID quoted at the top of this page. Was that not running people down and making false accusations. Are you calling SID a liar now. Go back and read the rest of your posts and see if you can still say that you havent been running people down and making false accusations. Your agenda is to get anyone but Satterfield hired. I know, I know, I just stated the obvious. I dont care who they hire as long as hes a good coach and I hope he stays with us for a long time.

GO CHIEFS!

When is the hire going to be announced? The dead period starts in two weeks. New coach usually means new schemes or is that part of the deal the new coach has to take. Anyway, the kids will be the ones to suffer because adults are too selfish and short-sighted to determine what is best for the football program. Go back and read some of these posts. It has little if anything to do with football at SHS. Make a decision, get behind the new guy and the kids.