Best starting five in Middle TN

Gimmetheball

How would they compare to Gallatin? They have a better starting lineup then Gallatin in my opinion. Not as athletic , but definetly better players. Gallatin beat White House in summer camp last summer by about 5. Barnes did not play because of an ankle injury he had most of the summer. Jenkins is a big time D1 player. He will sign somewhere big, but in my opinion Barnes could play D1 somewhere. I think people that know basketball realize this. I don't think its a secret. People also have to understand that scoring isn't everything. They also have to realize that the #1 option for White House is Gaines. Who would not have him as the #1 option in their teams offense????? Barnes realizes that and plays to win. When Barnes was a sophmore 6 ft 6 Cumberland University player Steven Jamison was the #1 option. Also White House runs a patient/offense that don't score alot of points. (Even though that might change this year.) Too many weapons this year, along with a ton of depth.

Gallatin White House

1)M Mims/M Lewis 1) Cneal/Barnes

2) B Hunter 2)Barnes/Trobaugh

3)M Sweat 3)Trobaugh/Travis

4) Newbill 4)Wood

5)Malone 5)Gaines

Gallatin has a great team. No doubt about it. I think those are the starters on Gallatin, and those will probably be the starters on White House once everyone gets back. Every time i see B. Hunter play he plays well. Also Newbill is a super athlete, and has improved his game. By the way Barnes had 23 last night with 4 assists and 4 three pointers in his 1st game back after football with a bumb ankle. Their have been 4 people to turn around White House's program these last 3 years. The previous 3-4 years before that White House won maybe 20 games in those years total. Danny Mathis , Jeremy Barnes, Steven Jamison, and Rogers Gaines has put White House basketball back on the map.Mathis was as good of a coach as you will find anywhere. He was as good as it gets in the coaching business. I think Dee Spencer is also very intense which in my opinion is what you need. I think he will be a super coach before all is said and done. He's doing a great job so far IMO having to replace a legend like Danny Mathis.

YOU CANT ARGUE WITH IGNORANT PEOPLE SUMNER. NO POINT IN TRYING. LAST YEAR I SAID WH HAD ONE OF THE BEST STARTING LINEUPS IN THE STATE & PEOPLE DIDN'T BELIEVE . THIS YEAR ITS EVEN BETTER. BUT IGNORANT PEOPLE WILL ARGUE. GO FIGURE.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU CANT ARGUE WITH IGNORANT PEOPLE SUMNER. NO POINT IN TRYING. LAST YEAR I SAID WH HAD ONE OF THE BEST STARTING LINEUPS IN THE STATE & PEOPLE DIDN'T BELIEVE . THIS YEAR ITS EVEN BETTER. BUT IGNORANT PEOPLE WILL ARGUE. GO FIGURE.

Larry why all the hostility????? I have seen WH play at least a dozen games over the last couple of years. In my opinion they do not have one of the best starting 5's in the mid-state. You don't have to take my opinion personally. I think Barnes is a good player. I don't think he is a D1 prospect. I think Gaines is good in the post but a liability on the defensive end especially if he is playing a quick versatile big man. Personally, I don't think they have a D1 prospect on the team. That is my opinion based on the games that I have seen. That doesn't mean that I am right, just my opinion.

WH has one of the top 3 starting line-ups in AA in middle Tennessee regardless, you could just look at them and know that without even watching them play. That's why they were a tip in away from playing Liberty in the state semi-finals last year, go figure. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Larry why all the hostility????? I have seen WH play at least a dozen games over the last couple of years. In my opinion they do not have one of the best starting 5's in the mid-state. You don't have to take my opinion personally. I think Barnes is a good player. I don't think he is a D1 prospect. I think Gaines is good in the post but a liability on the defensive end especially if he is playing a quick versatile big man. Personally, I don't think they have a D1 prospect on the team. That is my opinion based on the games that I have seen. That doesn't mean that I am right, just my opinion.

yea no need to get over-zelous. this is a board fo opinions. you my not like some of them but u cant change them. D1 maybe but it all depends on his grades. wont be a very big d1 school if he goes. and gaines has been running the floor better but he did just get back from football and needs to catch up on conditioning a lil bit. i think once white house gets everone back they will have a good chance to make it back to the state tourney. station camp will be the only real challenge for white house. i dont see portland, goodpasture, dca doin much. the region will prolly end up being station camp vs white house again...... btu time will tell it is the beginning of the season. good luck to all.

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT OPINIONS. IGNORANT DOEN'T MEAN STUPID. JUST NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE SITUATION. GALLATIN HAS 2 BIG VERSATILE BIG MEN IN MALONE AND NEWBILL. I DON'T RECALL THEM HAVING ALOT OF PRODUCTION AGAINST GAINES. AS A MATTER OF FACT I DON'T RECALL MALONE EVEN SCORING.

WH has one of the top 3 starting line-ups in AA in middle Tennessee regardless, you could just look at them and know that without even watching them play. That's why they were a tip in away from playing Liberty in the state semi-finals last year, go figure. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

..........and they would have gotten beaten by Liberty in basketball the way that Pearl Cohn beats them in the playoffs in football /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

..........and they would have gotten beaten by Liberty in basketball the way that Pearl Cohn beats them in the playoffs in football /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are u 5years old? liberty crushed everyone - loser big ###### ry