More Drama between Soddy and Hixson

RichardCranium

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

during our match the soddy coach made some very rude comments about our sportsmenship but wouldnt directly say anything to us but loud enough to where everyone could hear. and when i adressed our coach about he then rudely interupted.

The comment the Soddy coach made in reference to a couple of your bowlers and to your coach was you do not clap and cheer every time your opponent splits or opens in a frame. That is down right rude, disrespectful and unsportsman like of your opponent. I know this is your coaches first year hopefully he understands this now. So hopefully this clears the air on this issue and we move on. A.J, Paul,Cody,and others not involved this post does not retain to yall! You guy's are first class and have our up most respect.

The Sequatchie Bowlers were not, as you say, Cheering everytime an opponent opens a frame. They were cheering on their own bowlers. The Sequatchie bowlers aren't so insecure that they would sink to be unsportsman like. They deserve everyone's utmost respect for bowling the way they have thus far and the unfailing sportsmanship.

As a bystander, i noticed that the Hixson coach seemed to be, quite rudely, interjecting himself in a private conversation. Comments were even made from the Hixson Bowlers. Several showed poor sportsmanship, including the coach.

Honestly, I do not remember interjecting myself into any conversations when we were at Sequatchie on Monday.

I believe you were still talking about the Soddy match and just mixed up the teams. I never said one thing to the coaches or players about sportsmanship. I thought the match Between Hixson and Sequathchie was very sportsman like and that kids handled themselves nicely. I would hate to consider congratulating players from opposing team for good breaks and nice shots to be unsportsmanlike.

Honestly, I do not remember interjecting myself into any conversations when we were at Sequatchie on Monday.

I believe you were still talking about the Soddy match and just mixed up the teams. I never said one thing to the coaches or players about sportsmanship. I thought the match Between Hixson and Sequathchie was very sportsman like and that kids handled themselves nicely. I would hate to consider congratulating players from opposing team for good breaks and nice shots to be unsportsmanlike.

dont worry about what hasmyheartforever said you are a very good coach and you have my very upmost respect.

and i bowled in that match

during our match the soddy coach made some very rude comments about our sportsmenship but wouldnt directly say anything to us but loud enough to where everyone could hear. and when i adressed our coach about he then rudely interupted.

I was quite insulted and astounded at the audacity of this comment. I was at the match in question and witnessed the whole thing. During the match, ONE of the Sequatchie bowlers gleefully jeered and cheered whenever a Soddy bowler had an open frame. Contrary to another post message, he was not merely cheering on his own team as, on many occasions, there was only a Soddy bowler on the lane. His actions were extremely insulting. After he continued his antics for a prolonged period, the Soddy coach did make a public comment about his unsportmanslike conduct. I acknowledge he should have directly gone to the Sequatchie coach to address this problem but I noticed that the bowler in question ceased his disruptive and insulting behavior when 'dressed down' in such a manner. His behavior in the match yesterday was much more acceptable so I hope he has learned how to conduct himself in a sportmanslike manner. I just wish he had the maturity to apologize for his behavior and comment above. I certainly do not wish my comments to reflect on the whole Sequatchie team. To the contrary, the Sequatchie team is very good this year and I have been extremely pleased by their progress. The other bowlers on the team, except the one young man in question, have been very polite and exemplify sportsman like behavior.

I have been involved in high school bowling ever since it's initial approval by TSSAA. With only one exception, all the coaches with whom I have been in contact have been remarkable role models. Their dedication and committment are outstanding, and the coaches at both Hixson and Soddy are certainly no exception. The Soddy coach in question has dedicated thousands of hours to his team and, on numerous occasions, has even offered to help other struggling bowlers. Since you obviously do not know the man in question, I would urge you to be cautious when insulting a man who has committed his life to serving others, both on the lanes and off.