Bearden vs. Farragut in the Qtrs.

FHS_Admiral

Nice Call. And braves4life, andre is possibly the dirtyest football player i have ever seen, however he is also good. But bearden showed him how to play football last night.

you have no clue what you are talkin about. if andre is dirty, how about all those chop blocks bearden was throwin all night? is that dirty to you or is that ok because its bearden?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i love how 3/4 of the people in here arent even bearden fans. heck, they are being the classiest. its all these DB fans and all these haters that cant stand andre because he railed you. im sorry, but if you saw how bearden's d-line and our o-line played, nobody could've had 100 against that. hats off to bearden. oh... AND DB FANS HOW'D THAT 20 POINT DRUBBING IN BASKETBALL FEEL WEDNESDAY??? I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE THE BIGGEST AND FASTEST IN THE STATE!?!? GOOD GAME BEARDEN, GOOD LUCK IN THE SEMIS

and i love how 3/4 of the people in here arent even bearden fans. heck, they are being the classiest. its all these DB fans and all these haters that cant stand andre because he railed you. im sorry, but if you saw how bearden's d-line and our o-line played, nobody could've had 100 against that. hats off to bearden. oh... AND DB FANS HOW'D THAT 20 POINT DRUBBING IN BASKETBALL FEEL WEDNESDAY??? I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE THE BIGGEST AND FASTEST IN THE STATE!?!? GOOD GAME BEARDEN, GOOD LUCK IN THE SEMIS

Man what a whinner you are.Can't even give Bearden a good praise without you badmouthing someone.If you are still playing baseball for Farragut they are in real need of players.

Obviously you were frightened as a youngster by someone wearing a DB hat. You seem to have very strong feelings about people from Kingsport. We really wish you no harm, and are only here to congratulate Bearden on a fine win, and to cheer a team from our conference as they advance in the playoffs. Well done Bearden!! Good luck next week!!

Just a clarification of the High School rules....It is not a "CHOP BLOCK" if the contact occurs with initial surge, you are allowed to cut below the waist. I saw Beardens Center do it all night and it was completely legal, you can check the rule book if you dont believe me....I coached defensive lineman for 4 years recently and that was one thing we worked on every day, was getting your hands down and pushing the O-Line in the ground.

Farraguts nose was shooting a gap, typically the strong A gap, when the center has to snap the ball and block that is really the only option he has against a fast D-lineman.

But on it being dirty, I hate it, but it is Legal!

Just a clarification of the High School rules....It is not a "CHOP BLOCK" if the contact occurs with initial surge, you are allowed to cut below the waist. I saw Beardens Center do it all night and it was completely legal, you can check the rule book if you dont believe me....I coached defensive lineman for 4 years recently and that was one thing we worked on every day, was getting your hands down and pushing the O-Line in the ground.

Farraguts nose was shooting a gap, typically the strong A gap, when the center has to snap the ball and block that is really the only option he has against a fast D-lineman.

But on it being dirty, I hate it, but it is Legal!

WOW. THANK YOU FOR AN INTELLIGENT, CLEAN POST. unlike you DB fans, once again. all you do is try to start crap. face it. you cant beat us in ANYTHING. you cant beat bearden in ANYTHING. you guys are A-W-F-U-L.

I was at the Game tonight. What was up with Farragut taking the field and staring at the Bearden team after they were on their sideline and running all the way over to bearden's side of the field hash mark throwing there arms up in the air? Were they jesturing to the fans or were they taunting Bearden's team? I know this is a heated rivalry, I was part of it in the 90's, it seemed after the game there were no hard feelings, back in the 90's they wouldnt have talked after the game.

Just wasnt sure on the deal when Farragut took the field at the start of the game.

Congrats to Bearden tonight, my senior year was the '95 season when we lost to Riverdale in the quarterfinals....way to go getting to the Semi's and beating Farragut. Glad I was able to come, both teams played hard and the score was closer than the scoreboard suggested. Beardens D did shut down Sterling. Which I was very surprised to see, I had heard the best you could hope for was to contain him, but he never really got rolling.

I'm pretty sure there was nothing to Farragut taking the field other than it being a one-sided stadium (no visitor's side seating) and the players coming over to trade a little energy with their student section. Also, I can't say that I saw Sterling throwing any punches or doing any trash-talking. I'm sure there were words being exchanged on the field, but it wasn't demonstrative. Sterling is quoted in today's News-Sentinel, referring to Bearden as a "great team."

Bearden won it in the trenches. They tackled well, and their pursuit was phenomenal. The Bulldogs stuffed the run and kept constant heat on Martland. Farragut often times had open receivers down field, but Martland didn't have time to find them -- pressure, pressure and more pressure. Farragut's inability to sustain anything offensively wore down its defense which was on the field way too long. It was complete role reversal, as in past Bearden/Farragut games the Admirals were the stronger team in the 2nd half. Last night it was Works, not Sterling, who picked up steam as the game wore on. Among the biggest plays of the game was the mishandled kickoff to start the 2nd half. Bearden moved quickly down the field to take its first lead at 14-7. The other play that stands out to me was Halliday's 4th quarter scramble on 3rd and long which kept the game-winning drive alive.

With Smyrna and its passing attack up next for the Bulldogs, here's hoping Halliday can go all the way at free safety. They're much more solid with him back there. Congratulations, Bearden! Keep makin' history.

Yeah, it's only a "chop block" if you engage up-top first, then go for the legs. Watch college and pro games. The O-Linemen, especially tackles, take D-Linemen's legs out all the time. Perfectly legal block, as long as you initially go at the legs first. As for Sterling, another Harrison Smith over at Catholic. Good High School football player who couldn't get it done in the playoffs.

I think its funny how Sterling was quoted saying how good Bearden was after he got shut down. The bearden farragut game earlier this year he ran over to the bearden sidelines after the game and was flipping off the crowd and cussing the players...real class act. What the paper didnt include was the childish fit he threw before he was interviewed. Throwin his helmet and making a scene.