Bearden vs. Farragut in the Qtrs.

FHS_Admiral

congrats to bearden, they were the better team friday night. I was one of those who picked the ads to roll but things didn't work out that way...i only hope that both teams have similar years next year and play a game with as much meaning as this one(hopefully the admirals can get some payback ) @ anyrate, congrats bulldogs next week against smyrna.

--------------------

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut could of won had our offensive coordinator not been so set on the run game, heck the band members could see andre wasnt gonna get far agaisnt an 8 man box, had we run more play action passes beardens D would of had to losen up then we could of started running andre again. Once our playcallers got in a bind they just run the same plays over and over. It would be nice to have coaches who can work under pressure

Don't trash talk the coaches. They work very hard. Besides, Martland had no time to throw, and the o.c. knew that. Bearden was just better than Farragut on both sides of the ball and at every position on Friday night.

Go DAWGS!

We BELIEVE!

FINISH THE MOVIE!

Farragut could of won had our offensive coordinator not been so set on the run game, heck the band members could see andre wasnt gonna get far agaisnt an 8 man box, had we run more play action passes beardens D would of had to losen up then we could of started running andre again. Once our playcallers got in a bind they just run the same plays over and over. It would be nice to have coaches who can work under pressure

if IF's and BUT's were candy and nuts, then we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

The bottom line on this game was this:

Farragut's Offensive Line stunk badly and was totally dominated by Bearden's Defensive front. This kept Farragut from being able to sustain any drives whatsoever, and resulted in Farragut's Defense being on the field too long. Eventually Bearden was able to wear out the Farragut defense which played good enough to win.

The reason for Farragut's loss is entirely the Offensive Line. Farragut couldn't run block or pass block to save their life. Kudos to Bearden's defense for wanting it more than Farragut.

As a former Admiral offensive linemen from the 80's, this is extremely dissapointing to me. The OL was supposed to be Farragut's strength, but instead it was their total downfall. It was a disgusting performance and it cost Farragut probably their best chance ever at a state championship. This also may be Farragut's last decent chance for a championship for a while due to the loss of students to the new Hardin Valley school.

Oh well, congrats Bearden. You were the better team last Friday. The streak had to end sometime, just too bad it was in such a critical game. Good luck and represent East Tennessee well in the semis !

Congratz to Bearden on a well deserved victory. I have been a life long Bearden hater, and have much enjoyed the run Farragut has had over you guys. But I have to give credit where credit is due. I just wish that if the streak was going to end it would have been next years regular season game. I was surprized that Bearden out "physicalled" Farragut, but I think Bearden wanted it more in the end. When it came to crunch time Bearden rose to the occation, and Farragut withered. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you'll understand if I have a hard time pulling for you.

HAHAH THATS THE FUNNIEST POST I'VE SEEN ALL YEAR!! ALL YOU DB FANS NEED TO STOP HATING JUST BECAUSE WE SAID WE WERE GONNA RUN YOUR LIVES AND WE DID. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, ANDRE HAS A RIGHT TO HAVE A LITTLE SWAGGER. AFTER ALL HE IS IN THE TOP 5 OF EVERY RUSHING RECORD EVER IN TN. HE HAS 73 TD'S AND OVER 6,000 YARDS. WHEN WE BEAT BEARDEN AND GO TO THE SEMI'S HE WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO SURPASS THE SINGLE SEASON RECORD. STOP GETTING MAD CUZ YOU LOST.

ummm too bad farragut didnt win and andre didnt GET his yard and he never had 6.000 he only had 2.717 BUT GOOD TRY THOUGH.