Goodpasture to Host Hickman County

easyreader

Hickman Co. will really need to control the football to have achance in this one. Goodpasture has alot of weapons and more athleticism than Hickman Co. has seen this year. If Hickman Co. can catch a few breaks and keep this one close until late in the game then they might have a chance. I will take Goodpasture to win 42 to 14. Hickman has had a great season but the Cougars will most likely be too much for them to handle.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4way; those folks you were talking to were deluded. I know Hickman has continued to improve this season and Coach Swenson is a great coach. However, having seen Camden twice and Hickman once in person and both teams on nurmerous films. The only place that Hickman can compare to Camden is speed in the backfield. Camden actually has a functional passing attack. So that shouldn't be an argument on how HC will stack up with GP. If you want to go that route you could say that since Fairview held Camden to 14 points and GP gave up 24 that Fairview has better defense. we all know that not to be the case.

I know Swenson and his staff will have the boys from ALL of Hickman ready. They better play like there is no tomorrow, because in all honesty there won't be. Earn respect from the rest of the state, myself included, who expect you to get blown out.

GP - 42

HC - 14

(GP is 4 TDs better than HC, could have put 28-0 but I know Sowell and Villareal are good for 2)

For the record, GP didn't squeak by Camden. Coach Martin actually executed a really classy move(I'll wait as you gasp in shock) he kneelt the time out from inside the 5 rather than punch in the final TD. Though they were behind at half and the majority of the game, they were not rattled. The feel from GP was not "are we going to win" it was a foregone conclusion to them. and their stud Cunningham got like 8-9 carries, they were spreading the ball around. Had he got the carries he should have they would have decimated Camden. They are freakin GOOD! and if I wasn't going out of town I would be there in Madison watching that freak Cunningham run all over the Hickman Defense.

I mean no offense, as I know this will be taken, but this is my assessment. and I approved this message.

I really don't think that goodpasture is looking past them. They learned their lesson during the DCA game on that matter. Hickman Co. will probally be GP toughest opponent yet besides CPA. Goodpasture had 2 brutal weeks before the Camden game and it really took a toll on all the players. I think it is kind of stupid to say one team is much better than a team that they have not even played. Both teams will have to bring their A+ game to pull this one out.

Do you think Hickman is better than Lipscomb and Ravenwood? Or are you just talking about 2A opponents?

4way; those folks you were talking to were deluded. I know Hickman has continued to improve this season and Coach Swenson is a great coach. However, having seen Camden twice and Hickman once in person and both teams on nurmerous films. The only place that Hickman can compare to Camden is speed in the backfield. Camden actually has a functional passing attack. So that shouldn't be an argument on how HC will stack up with GP. If you want to go that route you could say that since Fairview held Camden to 14 points and GP gave up 24 that Fairview has better defense. we all know that not to be the case.

I know Swenson and his staff will have the boys from ALL of Hickman ready. They better play like there is no tomorrow, because in all honesty there won't be. Earn respect from the rest of the state, myself included, who expect you to get blown out.

GP - 42

HC - 14

(GP is 4 TDs better than HC, could have put 28-0 but I know Sowell and Villareal are good for 2)

For the record, GP didn't squeak by Camden. Coach Martin actually executed a really classy move(I'll wait as you gasp in shock) he kneelt the time out from inside the 5 rather than punch in the final TD. Though they were behind at half and the majority of the game, they were not rattled. The feel from GP was not "are we going to win" it was a foregone conclusion to them. and their stud Cunningham got like 8-9 carries, they were spreading the ball around. Had he got the carries he should have they would have decimated Camden. They are freakin GOOD! and if I wasn't going out of town I would be there in Madison watching that freak Cunningham run all over the Hickman Defense.

I mean no offense, as I know this will be taken, but this is my assessment. and I approved this message.

I love talk like this. Frankly, you are making it very easy for HC and even more difficult for GP with talk like this. I hope you are right and GP thinks it is a foregone conclusion that they beat HC. Keep this motivational material coming! It is a good thing you do not coach GP or we would not have a chance on Friday. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I really don't think that goodpasture is looking past them. They learned their lesson during the DCA game on that matter. Hickman Co. will probally be GP toughest opponent yet besides CPA. Goodpasture had 2 brutal weeks before the Camden game and it really took a toll on all the players. I think it is kind of stupid to say one team is much better than a team that they have not even played. Both teams will have to bring their A+ game to pull this one out.

So, you are saying CPA is better than the team that beat you? PLEASE... GP wasn't looking past DCA and they didn't play bad in the first half, blah, blah, blah... DCA took you out of your game plan and beat you....ADMIT IT!

So, you are saying CPA is better than the team that beat you? PLEASE... GP wasn't looking past DCA and they didn't play bad in the first half, blah, blah, blah... DCA took you out of your game plan and beat you....ADMIT IT!

so you are saying that gp has no room for excuses about their loss to DCA when DCA has been making excuses about their loss to CPA all year! CPA was the BETTER team the night they played DCA. DCA was the BETTER team when they played GP, and GP was the BETTER team (barely) both times they played CPA. It comes down to which team shows up on certain night. All three are great football teams and its a shame that two had to play each other in the first round.

DCA beat GP 35-28....according to you those things don't matter... maybe DCA wasn't playing their best that night or maybe they were looking past CPA and all of those excuses you use for losing to DCA....

Why are you even on this thread. You need to be on the DCA-YORK thread hoping that DCA doesn't get it handed to them this week. Well if they win this week, They don't have a chance vs ALCOA

Why are you even on this thread. You need to be on the DCA-YORK thread hoping that DCA doesn't git it handed to them this week. Well if they win this week, They don't have a chance vs ALCOA

I didn't know there were restrictions on what boards we can post on... if so, maybe there should be restrictions on who you should mention in your posts, or maybe you shoud have a license to post... then they could take it away if you make allegations you can't back up, or facts that aren't true... it's a free country and open forum... if you don't want to respond don't....

yeah, if DCA loses to Alcoa, GP may or may not be able to meet them in the championship and get it handed to them AGAIN!!

I didn't know there were restrictions on what boards we can post on... if so, maybe there should be restrictions on who you should mention in your posts, or maybe you shoud have a license to post... then they could take it away if you make allegations you can't back up, or facts that aren't true... it's a free country and open forum... if you don't want to respond don't....

yeah, if DCA loses to Alcoa, GP may or may not be able to meet them in the championship and get it handed to them AGAIN!!

what facts are not true?