Wilson Central @ Smyrna

Big Poppa 17

my view/my opinion

wc has lots of athletes and their offense usues all of them to their max

mcchurch is a heck of an athlete and majors runs hard and is tough to tackle one one one

where wc got hurt was they did not complete a pass till the last minute or so. All those play action and flea flickers went for nothing and smyrna was well preparred and in great position.

wc had the ball and great field position virtually the entire 1st half and came away with only 7 points. They also mis managed the clock and time ran out before they could try a chip shot field goal. The 1st half was where they probably lost the game.

Smyrna made good defense adjustments the second half and were in better position to make the play.

This is 2nd quarter finals in a row that smyrna has only given up 7 points and shut out the opponent for the last 3 qtrs playing bend dont break defense. Several wc runs for 10 or 15 yards would have been tds against a lot of teams but smyrna has toi much speed on defense.

biggest plays of the game

1. smyrna getting a stop on wc the 1st drive of the 2nd half

2. sonny hitting rod for 55 yards on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr that set the tone and the drive ended up with a td

3. after our kicker kicking 2 kickoffs out of bounds and wc taking a re kick instead of the ball at the 35 our kicker kicks the kick off of his life and we make a one on one tackle inside the 20.

In the end smyrna never panicked and made good adjustments at halftime. despite trailing to start the game smyrna just kept playing and kept their focus and against a team that has the athletes wc does that is saying something.

Smyrna just "took care of business"

By the way great crowd tonight the place was more than full and wc brought a huge crowd that was very loud.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, Jeremiah is proving to be the real deal at running back, crucial runs in the 2nd half.

Good season Wilson Central, don't hang your heads, your one heck of a team, no one expected you to get this far in the play-offs, let alone get in the play-offs. Great team over-all, just Smyrna did the right things to win.

Also you'll probably see a lot of WC fans complain about the pass interference calls. All I can say is if he had turned his head ANY of the times to look for the ball, they most likely, wouldn't have been called. But 21 is a great CB, first time I've seen anyone jump with Rod in football, other than myself of course haha.

Time to focus on Bearden.

Mr. T3acups u sound like one day u could be a great ESPN analyst. And the thing about u jumping with Rod i strongly disagree with the statement because ive seen u on the ftball field (chinese bandits.)Maybe one day /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I am glad I went to this game, it was a cold cold night though. Smyrna has a real shot, with the Sonny Rod connection. I was real impressed with Sonny's throwing off balance. Also I was very impressed with WC's quarterbacks unwillingness to go down. He was a warrior. Smyrna's runningback can do some damage as well, just like one said earlier in a post. You also have a very good kicker who will help in some crucial points of a game. Good Luck against Bearden.

my view/my opinion

wc has lots of athletes and their offense usues all of them to their max

mcchurch is a heck of an athlete and majors runs hard and is tough to tackle one one one

where wc got hurt was they did not complete a pass till the last minute or so. All those play action and flea flickers went for nothing and smyrna was well preparred and in great position.

wc had the ball and great field position virtually the entire 1st half and came away with only 7 points. They also mis managed the clock and time ran out before they could try a chip shot field goal. The 1st half was where they probably lost the game.

Smyrna made good defense adjustments the second half and were in better position to make the play.

oh yea

This is 2nd quarter finals in a row that smyrna has only given up 7 points and shut out the opponent for the last 3 qtrs playing bend dont break defense. Several wc runs for 10 or 15 yards would have been tds against a lot of teams but smyrna has toi much speed on defense.

biggest plays of the game

1. smyrna getting a stop on wc the 1st drive of the 2nd half

2. sonny hitting rod for 55 yards on the opening drive of the 3rd qtr that set the tone and the drive ended up with a td

3. after our kicker kicking 2 kickoffs out of bounds and wc taking a re kick instead of the ball at the 35 our kicker kicks the kick off of his life and we make a one on one tackle inside the 20.

In the end smyrna never panicked and made good adjustments at halftime. despite trailing to start the game smyrna just kept playing and kept their focus and against a team that has the athletes wc does that is saying something.

Smyrna just "took care of business"

By the way great crowd tonight the place was more than full and wc brought a huge crowd that was very loud.

probably the biggest play of the night was when our qb faked a hand off up the middle and rolled out and was running all by himself down the sideline..but wait a second...an inadvertent whistle...you have GOT to be kiddin me. we faked the refs out!!!...lol....oh well...its just a game. we shouldn't have put ourselves in that position. you guys done what you had to do to win...it wasnt all the refs...we got inside the 20 twice and came away with nothing. im not sure why we didnt pass more. we pretty much moved the ball at will but just couldn't find the end zone. our qb's one of the toughest kids I've ever been around. he played the entire 2nd half with a broken nose. were gonna miss him a lot.

oh yea, I though it was really sweet of you guys to play happy trails on the pa as loud as it would go when all of our players were crying out on the field after just getting their hearts ripped out....it reminded me a lot of the championship game last year when all your guys ran over there and taunted all the ravenwood players and fans...real classy...keep up the good work!!!.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We dont have nothing at all to be ashamed of guys...ya'll played with all the heart in the world this entire season when nobody gave you a chance to do anything. ya'll proved a lot of people wrong and thanks to everyone of you guys for putting Central back on the map...I know it hurts now but we've got a lot to look forward to. Thanks guys for one heck of a ride!!!

in response to the inadvertent whistle.....smyrna had the the qb tackled significantly before he got the first down. that would have made it 4th and long on the WC side of the field. smyrna would have been better off if the play were allowed to stand. that being said, the officials all around were really awful tonight

well, those who know me know that I am a very opinionated person ( that's why I don't post anymore than I do)

I try and be fairly objective when I can. But I had forgotten about the way Smyrna acted last season at the clinic bowl. They really are not a very CLASSY team, but I guess they are willing to trade that for the success they have experienced. Last season against WC, a Smyrna player sucker punched a WC player on the sideline after a play was over. Just balled up his fist and punched him in the jaw. They are representing region 4-5A, but unfortunately not in a very classy way ( unless they change their ways)

p.s. that officiating tonight was about the worst I have seen this season. As a friend of mine would say, "They didn't know their (butt) from a hole in the ground"

For the last time; Smyrna had to go over to Ravenwood's sideline to get the Hats for winning State. If you people weren't so naive and forgetful then maybe you'd remember. And I guess we can also just forget how un-sportsmanlike the Ravenwood faithful had been the whole game, chanting "kill kill kill" and cheering when our players were hurt.

As far as the PA announcer playing that song as the game was over, um..I don't really see a problem in playing a song that says happy trails..but if you wanna be ticky tack about everything then thats fine too. Lol..Smyrna not being classy..thats the funniest thing ever, stop being sore loser and be proud for the kids at W.C. no matter what nothing can/will change the outcome of the game. This will just overshadow what a great season they had. Gosh I hate sore losers.

Uh... Jeff Shipley plays "Happy Trails" at the end of every Smryna home game regardless of winning or losing. If you want to talk about class, how about the guy from W.C. who ran up to the refs after the game and was insulting them and shouting in their faces? Good teams find ways to overcome marginal penalties....losers just whine about them.

Isn't it amazing that if someone makes an observation that is contrary to your personal beliefs or opinions, that you feel it is your right to insult them. You must be a democrat.....oh, wait, can I say that on here?

You are looking through rose colored glasses if can't notice unsportsmanlike athletes from Smyrna

Lol your great..0bv. opinionated, just don't forget that opinions are not always facts.

One more thing before I start completely ignoring your posts, if the Smyrna athletes are so unsportsmanlike, then WHY in the WORLD did they keep their composure at the Lincoln County game? WATCHING their QB get hit about 5 yards out of play, then having a player get BITTEN in a pile, and just getting cheap shotted all night. Oh did I mention that they walked off the field after winning convincingly, and did not say anything negative to the Lincoln County players? Hmm..gosh they are barbaric fiends, extremely terrible people.

Gosh ignorant people must obviously be blind as well. But I forget, its not your fault because your just opinionated.