Wilson Central @ Smyrna

Big Poppa 17

well, those who know me know that I am a very opinionated person ( that's why I don't post anymore than I do)

I try and be fairly objective when I can. But I had forgotten about the way Smyrna acted last season at the clinic bowl. They really are not a very CLASSY team, but I guess they are willing to trade that for the success they have experienced. Last season against WC, a Smyrna player sucker punched a WC player on the sideline after a play was over. Just balled up his fist and punched him in the jaw. They are representing region 4-5A, but unfortunately not in a very classy way ( unless they change their ways)

p.s. that officiating tonight was about the worst I have seen this season. As a friend of mine would say, "They didn't know their (butt) from a hole in the ground"

WAAAA WAAA!!!!! Always someone who finds excuses. WC great season excellent team and mutual respect between the 2 teams. Don't let this fan spil the turnaround you guys made.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, those who know me know that I am a very opinionated person ( that's why I don't post anymore than I do)

I try and be fairly objective when I can. But I had forgotten about the way Smyrna acted last season at the clinic bowl. They really are not a very CLASSY team, but I guess they are willing to trade that for the success they have experienced. Last season against WC, a Smyrna player sucker punched a WC player on the sideline after a play was over. Just balled up his fist and punched him in the jaw. They are representing region 4-5A, but unfortunately not in a very classy way ( unless they change their ways)

p.s. that officiating tonight was about the worst I have seen this season. As a friend of mine would say, "They didn't know their (butt) from a hole in the ground"

Really Ouch that must have been a hard hit through his helmet ehhh... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

watch the video on this play. your qb would have been tackled 10 yards short of the first down. the inadverdent whistle hurt smyrna more than wc. the qb was no where near " running down the sideline wide open."

Alright, I seen the tape...there aint no way Wilkes wins that battle...that was a touchdown...It doesnt matter though, the games over...you guys won....like I said earlier, we'll be back next year, our kids got a taste of it and hopefully we'll have a good off season and come out in the spring ready to go. We dont lose near as many people as everyone else does. As long as we can keep our coaches in place we dont have nothing to worry about. Good luck in the next round.

good job smyrna. and good job central it was a good run this year. cant blame this loss all on the refs(i do disagree on stoping that p;ay our qb was gone and one of the pass interferences. or how the ref didnt talk to hi, when he asked how because his hands were straight up.) i think we finally just ran out of juice. once again great season i cant wait for next year

oh yea, I though it was really sweet of you guys to play happy trails on the pa as loud as it would go when all of our players were crying out on the field after just getting their hearts ripped out....it reminded me a lot of the championship game last year when all your guys ran over there and taunted all the ravenwood players and fans...real classy...keep up the good work!!!.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How is this song a bad thing?

http://www.royrogers.com/happy_trails.html

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.

Who cares about the clouds when we're together?

Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

Some trails are happy ones,

Others are blue.

It's the way you ride the trail that counts,

Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.

Who cares about the clouds when we're together?

Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

Sounds to me it sums up the end of a ballgame pretty well...

I hated to see anyone lose that game Friday night. Both teams have such good fans, coaches, and athletes. They have made region4 very proud. WC has NOTHING to be ashmaned of. They had a fantastic season and probably lost to the state champs. I look forward to seeing the replay on the WCsite and hate that I missed the game. I DID get to see the UT/UK one in person yesterday to make up for it. Too bad the Cats lost that one. It was a classic.

A few observations:

1. Whoever was downing 82cat, I will say it again. You are asking for big trouble ragging on Cat. The guy is an icon in Smyrna and those players would go to war for the guy. You best lay off him. He is the VERY best and most loyal fan that they have. Half the others only jump on here when they are in the playoffs. They don't post yr round like Cat does.

2. I think that Smyrna sort of coaches negativisms to their players to pump them up. Stuff like: the world is against you, no one has respect for you, they said this about you, etc...I hate that kind of stuff but it seems to work for them. So......when they win, they sort of have to let loose b/c they have overcome what others said. They get really excited and I think that is where you see some of the stuff that yall are calling classless. It comes for the way these kids are coached and you really can't blame them for it. ( BTW, that was not a put-down....if it came across that way....I am sorry.)

3. For some reason the poster bulldogsalltheway has a major chip on his/her shoulder. Chill........you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Everyone is not going to like your team. Don't take it so personally all the time and go into immediate attack mode. In my post that you jumped, I was talking about the WC coaches and players not liking the wallpaper.....not yours. And I bet I was right. CHILLLLLLLLLLL out.

4. Connor McChurch is my favorite player in the region next to my Oakland ones . He is the best example that I know of of pure heart. He never quits and is a leader through and through. I will miss him next yr.

5. BTW...the 2 WC LBS return next yr.....

6. I did hear that the WC DC was inquiring about the OHS job. Come on Downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, man!

7. I hope WC gets another yr out of Coach Elrod. He is awesome and has such a love of the game.

8. Someone said that Smyrna plays Happy Trails after every home game. We played them there.....no Happy Trails. I really don't take that song as an insult. If you were my age and remember the Roy Rogers TV Show, it was letting you know they looked forward to seeing you again and wish you luck.

9. Looks like Smyrna doesn't have to worry about their record at home being a negative factor......!!!

10. It ought to be pretty funny to hear both sides chanting for the Bulldogs next week. Can my mascot urinate farther than yours and still hit the goalpost?

11. Great pic of utcgolf.....!!

12. Sonny Gray makes things happen. He is a great athlete who has responded well to the best QB coach in the area.

13. Bryson is the real deal.No if's and's or butt's about it. His line does a good job opening holes. They don't get the credit they deserve either.

14. The Smyrna wallpaper was great. Coach G does a great job with that tech stuff. I do think folk got a bit miffed b/c there were 3 different threads of it b/f it was combined to one. I didn't like the Smyrna folk doing the WC one though. Pass that among yourselves, but not on here. Hope yall don't do it to Bearden.

2p, have you heard the smyrna coaches use "negativisms" as you say? do you know for a fact they coach that way o is it speculation? One of your boys from oakland is coaching over at smyrna. I promise you he never does that. I just wanted to know if this is true or speculation (cause you have been down on smyrna coaches/administration in the past) This is not a fighting comment for you 2p, just want to know if you have heard it.

thanks again for the support 2 p. there are several on here that give their opinions sometimes i agree sometimes I dont but you can count on one thing if you go after their teams they will come right back after you.

I can answer the negative question stuff.

I wouldn't call it using negatives but I have never seen a team as talented as smyrna and defending state champion be doubted week after week. It would be foolish for the coaches not to use that as extra motivation although smyrna is very motivated just having a chance to get back to the chamiponship again.

I can assure by friday very few outside Smyrna will think Smyrna has a chance.

2p is right anytime you put sonny gray on the field in a playoff game you are going to have a chnace to win

classless? - I was on the sideline the entire game and didn't here a cross word between the teams. After the game they shook hands said good game and wc players wished smyrna good luck that was it nothing more.

While smyrna has its stars in sonny and rod the rest especially the defense are as blue collar as they come. They have been coached to turn it lose on the field and let their play speak for it self. Once the game is over they get excited especially since they just held one of the best offenses in the area to 7 points.

bryson - 12 tds over 1000 rushing he will be special

the wc wallpaper - I have to dis agree - now it could have been done in a mean spirited way and I would not have liked that but it was really pretty harmless stuff and it took me looking at it a couple times to even see it!

it is weird the game this week feels like last year vs ooltewah. a good team we know nothing about.

2p, have you heard the smyrna coaches use "negativisms" as you say? do you know for a fact they coach that way o is it speculation? One of your boys from oakland is coaching over at smyrna. I promise you he never does that. I just wanted to know if this is true or speculation (cause you have been down on smyrna coaches/administration in the past) This is not a fighting comment for you 2p, just want to know if you have heard it.

Have I heard it personally? No sir, I have not. Yall have TWO of our coaches from OHS, Mitchell and Pipp. I personally know neither use negativisms to motivate their players....unless they have changed. I doubt they have. Both are great guys and we miss both at OHS.

As I said, I haven't heard it myself but I have heard OF it. I have various sources. Do all of them do it there? Don't think so......but I do think the technique is employed somewhat there. It is the US against the World technique or the Rodney Dangerfield approach. Do they exaggerate it? Yes, I think they do. It is definitely stretched and causes the team not to have respect for some of your opponents. But who am I to cast stones....it obviously works for them and if you can take the posts calling yall classless b/c of the after effects of it it.....laugh all the way to the Gold Ball. I grew up in that kind of an atmosphere so that is why I don't particularly care for this approach. PLUS...I know you can get a Gold Ball w/o doing it too.

WAAAA WAAA!!!!! Always someone who finds excuses. WC great season excellent team and mutual respect between the 2 teams. Don't let this fan spil the turnaround you guys made.

not whining....read my other posts. I was addressing an obvious issue with sportsmanship. Didn't say it had anything to do with the outcome, did I? Read it again........