Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

wow one word....ignorant

if casey is that bad then why did he run for more than pettigrew did in the game this year and why did he have a 40 yard interception return in the same game...last year doesnt matter we have completely different players out there this year and they shut down pettigrew once this year and are about to do it again 28 yards is pathetic obviously you didnt watch any franklin games because Benny and Justin and Max have all been great assets to the Franklin D and continuously shut down teams week after week. Weve already had a discussion simmillar on like pg11 about the franklin D and thier effectiveness this year and if we havent beaten a decent team then you just compared indy to be a team like clarksville and columbia as for graham ive looked at his stats on the year and he really hasnt done as bad as everyone thinks he doesnt put out like other qbs because we dont throw alot but statisticly his numbers arent that bad you cant blame the defense for all the games you lose the defense actually was on the same level with McCallie but the offense couldnt match up to get a win same with ravenwood and brentwood the offense clicked too late and we just ran out of time but the defense was there all night keepin us within range of a win dont worry about franklin and their capabilities id be more worried about indy chokin like they did earlier in the season against us

I like how you discredit the use of facts as ignorance.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, lets start this off plain and simple, there in no need to quote straight stats. Because the truth of the matter can be delivered in straight facts. Franklin's record speaks for itself, they have not beaten a decent team yet. The Rebels have repeatedly failed to "step up to the plate" in any big/ rival game (Ravenwood, Brentwood, Mcallie, Hillsboro). The entire "rebel nation" needs to realize that EVERYONE beat teams like; Centennial, Columbia, Clarksville NE, and Mcgavok. We have heard numerous times about "Franklin's Superior Athletes", So let me ask every Franklin Rebel Fan, Coach, and player this... If you obviously posessed such a higher class of players, then explain to me how you were beaten by teams such as; Ravenwood & Brentwood...If they were clearly below you in rank?

The constant statement about speed/ ability/ talent is an absolute joke. Nichols (QB): Franklin has never been able to place a game solidly on his shoulders (and depend on a win) This was very clear late in the Ravenwood game, when Franklin needed Nichols to deliver, and he fell massively short of success. Maybe this is due to a total lack of recievers, (but didnt Franklin have D-1 reciever last year?...Oh, but he was a non-factor as well). So naturally Franklin had to develop a crutch to walk on, and this "crutch" became an over-estimated Running Game. Franklin's RB's (Lee, Steele, and Sellers) only "show-up" when it is a little league game. face it Franklin, Steele (or anybody else) has not been able to carry Franklin to a Noticeable victory (without Fumbling in Over-Time). Franklin's O-Line will suffer the same fate as every other team has, as Pettigrew and Consiglio swarm the back-field. Once again, Franklin boasts an Overrated O-Line that has only played exceptional against similarly over-estimated Defensive Lines (examples; Hunter's Lane, Overton, and Dickson County)

And now on to the "Vaunted Webb Defence"...Everyone needs to realize that this Franklin Defense in a shadow of its former self. For lack of a better summary Franklin's defense is an injured-rag-tag-lucky-defense. The D-line is almost not even worth the mention (Heckman should have all night to throw) The Defensive line was destroyed by Pettigrew last time Franklin came to IHS, and Im sure this year will prove no different. Franklin will get steam-rolled by our Running back duo, and will everntually shut-down and quit (just like Antioch & Gallatin before them) Franklin has a non-exsistant Line-backing core. I had heard that Casey Dikes was supposed to be the successor to Josh Frohawk? Casey Dikes was a catastrophe as a RB, and his only big play this year was a "non-play" (punt return against Brentwood). Someone needs to tell Casey that he should Go ahead and get ready for Baseball season. The Franklin secondary....the Franklin Secondary??? Benny Anderson & Justin Hampton have not given Franklin a single decisive Defensive play all year. In Fact both players cost Franklin a game each. Benny A. (CB) allowed a Ravenwood Reciever to stand un-attended in the end zone, and beat Franklin once again. Justin H. (SS) was fooled in overtime against Brentwood costing Franklin High School another game. The proof is there, you dont need to worry yourself about stats, just focus on Facts. Franklin has not beaten a "cross-town rival" in the state playoffs in recent history. They say, "history repeats Itself" but you Franklin Rebels just wont learn.

You know why to much about FHS players and coaches. Makes me wonder what's your motive.

Are you a member of the FHS propaganda team????

OK, lets start this off plain and simple, there in no need to quote straight stats. Because the truth of the matter can be delivered in straight facts. Franklin's record speaks for itself, they have not beaten a decent team yet. The Rebels have repeatedly failed to "step up to the plate" in any big/ rival game (Ravenwood, Brentwood, Mcallie, Hillsboro). The entire "rebel nation" needs to realize that EVERYONE beat teams like; Centennial, Columbia, Clarksville NE, and Mcgavok. We have heard numerous times about "Franklin's Superior Athletes", So let me ask every Franklin Rebel Fan, Coach, and player this... If you obviously posessed such a higher class of players, then explain to me how you were beaten by teams such as; Ravenwood & Brentwood...If they were clearly below you in rank?

The constant statement about speed/ ability/ talent is an absolute joke. Nichols (QB): Franklin has never been able to place a game solidly on his shoulders (and depend on a win) This was very clear late in the Ravenwood game, when Franklin needed Nichols to deliver, and he fell massively short of success. Maybe this is due to a total lack of recievers, (but didnt Franklin have D-1 reciever last year?...Oh, but he was a non-factor as well). So naturally Franklin had to develop a crutch to walk on, and this "crutch" became an over-estimated Running Game. Franklin's RB's (Lee, Steele, and Sellers) only "show-up" when it is a little league game. face it Franklin, Steele (or anybody else) has not been able to carry Franklin to a Noticeable victory (without Fumbling in Over-Time). Franklin's O-Line will suffer the same fate as every other team has, as Pettigrew and Consiglio swarm the back-field. Once again, Franklin boasts an Overrated O-Line that has only played exceptional against similarly over-estimated Defensive Lines (examples; Hunter's Lane, Overton, and Dickson County)

And now on to the "Vaunted Webb Defence"...Everyone needs to realize that this Franklin Defense in a shadow of its former self. For lack of a better summary Franklin's defense is an injured-rag-tag-lucky-defense. The D-line is almost not even worth the mention (Heckman should have all night to throw) The Defensive line was destroyed by Pettigrew last time Franklin came to IHS, and Im sure this year will prove no different. Franklin will get steam-rolled by our Running back duo, and will everntually shut-down and quit (just like Antioch & Gallatin before them) Franklin has a non-exsistant Line-backing core. I had heard that Casey Dikes was supposed to be the successor to Josh Frohawk? Casey Dikes was a catastrophe as a RB, and his only big play this year was a "non-play" (punt return against Brentwood). Someone needs to tell Casey that he should Go ahead and get ready for Baseball season. The Franklin secondary....the Franklin Secondary??? Benny Anderson & Justin Hampton have not given Franklin a single decisive Defensive play all year. In Fact both players cost Franklin a game each. Benny A. (CB) allowed a Ravenwood Reciever to stand un-attended in the end zone, and beat Franklin once again. Justin H. (SS) was fooled in overtime against Brentwood costing Franklin High School another game. The proof is there, you dont need to worry yourself about stats, just focus on Facts. Franklin has not beaten a "cross-town rival" in the state playoffs in recent history. They say, "history repeats Itself" but you Franklin Rebels just wont learn.

Unbelievable... its people like you who make going to football games a freakin nightmare. i bet your the guy who sits at a sports bar and yells at everything YOU think is wrong with the football game. i have never heard anyone bash a football team that is in round 3 of the playoffs. after reading your comments i cant see you having had anything to do with football in your life besides watching it from the sidelines. i bet that is the reason you are not on a staff anywhere getting ready for football games.

you forget that the rebels did "step up to the plate" to beat indy earlier in the year. fhs has to face everyones best performance each week, why you ask. because everyone wants to beat franklin and dont act like they dont. it is almost the same as being Florida in the SEC. each week you have some team gunning for you. if you had ever pudt on a pair of pads in your life you would know that some nights just dont click especially when a team is geared up to beat you. the runningbacks for this team are GREAT. anyone who knows anything about football would notice that they hit the holes are hard, read their blocks well, and have some special play making skills. the passing game has been slow, but the potential is high. again, you would have to played football to know that.

also your comments about the defense are mind boggling. a rag-tag-team yes but a rag-tag-team that plays to the end of the whistle and as a complete unit. rarely are these guys out of position for whatever scheme Webb has. ONCE MORE... if you had ever put on a pair of football pants (and no... going to Academy sports and trying some on to get the feeling of being a athlete doesnt count) you would know that corners (espcially a corner who is a more run support and leads the team in tackles) can be baited. in the ravenwood game the QB scramble around the field and flooded the side of the field when the corner had to roll up and play run support then yes you will leave a hole open for someone to score... and if i remember that was not a designed play for ravenwood but a busted play.

if you have shown nothing but disrespect for this football team, that shows your character and sportsmanship. this is a high school sport, with kids from 14-18 who want to play for the love of the game. its people like you who tarnish that by attacking players personally. you need to sit in a film session and even buy Football for Dummies to get your thoughts together.

you have never seen a down of football in your life unless its on saturday before Game Day comes on probably playing two hand touch so you dont get hurt. then your off to drink, eat like a slob, and yell at the screen so everyone else can hear how big of an idiot you are.

i apologize to anyone this offends and for this thread personally attacking this individual who shows no class. hopefully this will light a bulb over this guys head.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS, hope everone comes out injury free.

The only response that ANY Franklin representative can give me is nothing more than excuses. Reasons why you lost to Mcallie, Excuses for losing to Ravenwood, More explainations for why you lost to Brentwood. What any self-respecting Franklin supporter, or any self-respecting Football fan needs to understand is....Good teams Find ways to win, not ways to lose a game in the fourth quarter. That is what seperates decent teams from out-standing teams. Yes, I know those are "individual plays" but they are also "single plays" that lost football games (when it mattered)

And In reply to the "Casey Dikes Fanclub" (or maybe its just his Dad) Casey Dikes is "The Best Athlete in Williamson Co"??? Pettigrew is a Workhorse-Back on offense, and also plays a threatening Defensive Tackle. (every play, all game) And Pettigrew has been a difference-maker. and on to the issue of Graham Nichols "stats", Let me remind those of you that are under the false realization that he is a solid-QB. Solid QB's dont throw Interceptions inside their own Ten-yard-line. (which effectively lost the game against Ravenwood) Im hearing that this is going to be a Defensive-match, well It is hard to win Defensive (low scoring) games when your placekicker repeatedly misses Extra points, and the occasional, crutial Field-goal.

Just remember that Good teams find a way to WIN games, not lose them (and create excuses afterwards)

The only response that ANY Franklin representative can give me is nothing more than excuses. Reasons why you lost to Mcallie, Excuses for losing to Ravenwood, More explainations for why you lost to Brentwood. What any self-respecting Franklin supporter, or any self-respecting Football fan needs to understand is....Good teams Find ways to win, not ways to lose a game in the fourth quarter. That is what seperates decent teams from out-standing teams. Yes, I know those are "individual plays" but they are also "single plays" that lost football games (when it mattered)

And In reply to the "Casey Dikes Fanclub" (or maybe its just his Dad) Casey Dikes is "The Best Athlete in Williamson Co"??? Pettigrew is a Workhorse-Back on offense, and also plays a threatening Defensive Tackle. (every play, all game) And Pettigrew has been a difference-maker. and on to the issue of Graham Nichols "stats", Let me remind those of you that are under the false realization that he is a solid-QB. Solid QB's dont throw Interceptions inside their own Ten-yard-line. (which effectively lost the game against Ravenwood) Im hearing that this is going to be a Defensive-match, well It is hard to win Defensive (low scoring) games when your placekicker repeatedly misses Extra points, and the occasional, crutial Field-goal.

Just remember that Good teams find a way to WIN games, not lose them (and create excuses afterwards)

It's not going to work this time rebel!!

at least the excuses are accurate... some of the rebel fans wouldnt even call them excuses but facts. those were/are problems that they acknowledge and correct. ANY GOOD TEAM will identify those and correct them. when franklin's back was against the wall fighting for a playoff spot they rose to the challenge and became 2nd in the region.

Again attacking individuals... no sportsmanship. everyone at franklin knows pettigrew is a stud along with heckman being a good young qb, but its not hard for them to say so. no class.

Unbelievable... its people like you who make going to football games a freakin nightmare. i bet your the guy who sits at a sports bar and yells at everything YOU think is wrong with the football game. i have never heard anyone bash a football team that is in round 3 of the playoffs. after reading your comments i cant see you having had anything to do with football in your life besides watching it from the sidelines. i bet that is the reason you are not on a staff anywhere getting ready for football games.

you forget that the rebels did "step up to the plate" to beat indy earlier in the year. fhs has to face everyones best performance each week, why you ask. because everyone wants to beat franklin and dont act like they dont. it is almost the same as being Florida in the SEC. each week you have some team gunning for you. if you had ever pudt on a pair of pads in your life you would know that some nights just dont click especially when a team is geared up to beat you. the runningbacks for this team are GREAT. anyone who knows anything about football would notice that they hit the holes are hard, read their blocks well, and have some special play making skills. the passing game has been slow, but the potential is high. again, you would have to played football to know that.

also your comments about the defense are mind boggling. a rag-tag-team yes but a rag-tag-team that plays to the end of the whistle and as a complete unit. rarely are these guys out of position for whatever scheme Webb has. ONCE MORE... if you had ever put on a pair of football pants (and no... going to Academy sports and trying some on to get the feeling of being a athlete doesnt count) you would know that corners (espcially a corner who is a more run support and leads the team in tackles) can be baited. in the ravenwood game the QB scramble around the field and flooded the side of the field when the corner had to roll up and play run support then yes you will leave a hole open for someone to score... and if i remember that was not a designed play for ravenwood but a busted play.

if you have shown nothing but disrespect for this football team, that shows your character and sportsmanship. this is a high school sport, with kids from 14-18 who want to play for the love of the game. its people like you who tarnish that by attacking players personally. you need to sit in a film session and even buy Football for Dummies to get your thoughts together.

you have never seen a down of football in your life unless its on saturday before Game Day comes on probably playing two hand touch so you dont get hurt. then your off to drink, eat like a slob, and yell at the screen so everyone else can hear how big of an idiot you are.

i apologize to anyone this offends and for this thread personally attacking this individual who shows no class. hopefully this will light a bulb over this guys head.

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS, hope everone comes out injury free.

finally someone else agrees with me

at least the excuses are accurate... some of the rebel fans wouldnt even call them excuses but facts. those were/are problems that they acknowledge and correct. ANY GOOD TEAM will identify those and correct them. when franklin's back was against the wall fighting for a playoff spot they rose to the challenge and became 2nd in the region.

Again attacking individuals... no sportsmanship. everyone at franklin knows pettigrew is a stud along with heckman being a good young qb, but its not hard for them to say so. no class.

I agree NO CLASS!

And NOT an IHS Fan!

How can anyone discredit what FHS has done this year?

FHS's defense speaks for its self. They are the real deal and will always be with their defensive coordinator.

Both teams beat the teams they should have beaten WHEN the games were played. So what if FHS lost to RHS & BHS. So what if INDY lost to FHS & was tested by CHS. Both teams are not even close to what those games represented. Who knows how to gauge the Dickson games. Anyway...all that schedule stuff, who beat who & by how much should be thrown out of the mix for this week. I still feel that INDY has a few more intangables as well as homw field to win. Look for a high teens to low teens final.

It's not going to work this time rebel!!

Way to bring it strong. You just used your one bullit that Andy lets you have. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Keep it up and you'll be a detective instead of a deputy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree NO CLASS!

And NOT an IHS Fan!

How can anyone discredit what FHS has done this year?

FHS's defense speaks for its self. They are the real deal and will always be with their defensive coordinator.

Grow a set Barney and pick a side. Is it IHS or FHS. Knock, knock, knock.. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />