Franklin @ Independence...(rematch)

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bulldog...lol. You coming to the game. I'll be in the pressbox. You are ruthless in the SH thread. One thing you are is consistent...lol.

Can't be there ...have to pull turkey out of town.

Franklin had expectations to get this far....while maybe the Indy players and some fans did....but what (and WHO!) they have had to overcome to get here is pretty impressive.

Indy 17-14 or 24-21 or 31-24

The SH folks are still stunned...will they listen....nah....it will turn out to be the biggest mess of all time unless "he" slips away

Franklin didn't beat Dickson easily. If my memory serves me correctly, DC had the lead at the start of the fourth. Franklin recovered a fluke fumble for a 5 yard TD with about a minute left to make it a 17 point game. Although it was one of DC's worst performances of the year, Independence gave it to DC that night by controlling the game the whole night. The Franklin-DC wasn't decided till about 6 minutes left in the 4th, the Indy game was over way before that. Either way common opponent scores will not be what determines this game, neither will the score of the last game between the two. I say Indy wins this one behind Pettigrew's legs in the second half.

get your facts straight....dickson was winning in the fist 5 min by scoring on there first possesion and then the rebels never looked back

get your facts straight....dickson was winning in the fist 5 min by scoring on there first possesion and then the rebels never looked back

Umm....

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Total

Franklin 0 17 0 20 37

Dickson Co. 3 7 10 0 20

Well looks to me like its the rebels that have the problem.... Dickson- 20 is leading Frankin- 17 in the start of the 4th......

Oh and Im neither...

Yeah I know Region 6 needs to step up, I mean 3 different teams going to the State Championship game 4 out of the last 5 years, winning two gold balls is not cutting it. You guys have to do better.

This is the second straight season that region has been called "down."

Although I agree that the top-to-bottom play is nowhere near what it has been (Austen Everson, Matt Solima, TC Jennings, Bruce McCurdy, etc.),

I find it amazing that this region has a very, very legitimate chance of sending a team to Murfreesboro for the FOURTH consecutive year and the fifth in the last six. Just speaks volumes for the coaches and players of Williamson County.

This is the second straight season that region has been called "down."

Although I agree that the top-to-bottom play is nowhere near what it has been (Austen Everson, Matt Solima, TC Jennings, Bruce McCurdy, etc.),

I find it amazing that this region has a very, very legitimate chance of sending a team to Murfreesboro for the FOURTH consecutive year and the fifth in the last six. Just speaks volumes for the coaches and players of Williamson County.

It shows how competitive region 6 is. Centennial and Columbia improved which made the region tougher. Easy games are hard to come by in region play. Finding a 10-0 team in the region is tough because of the teams played in non-region, (BA, MBA, Riverdale, Smyrna, Goodpasture, McCallie, Hillsboro, etc.) By the time the playoffs start the top 5 teams have been playing one loss and done for 3-4 weeks. The better competition pays off in the playoffs.