Red Bank vs. Maryville

lionheart6508

Well I thought last years game was a little one sided but this was not even a game. The beat down started early and only let up when the 2nd teamers went in. Even then they drove for a score. The difference was GQ. He seemed to change the whole offense.The game plan was brilliant not only for the game but giving any future opponent even more to prepare for.

the focus on Schuler running instead of Rodrigues was a big key to the success. Turning Rodrigues into a receiver from the backfield after last weeks drops was also genius.The D seemed to be following Rodrigues at the start and that opened things up for Schuler. Burnette was awesome and his accuracy is amazing.

The focus all week was to play their best game and I think they did.How many weapons do they have? How can you prepare for all of them?

I also was impressed with the hitting that went on . I think the style of Rodrigues has influenced and inspired the offensive guys to give punishment instead of take it. Shiver brought the wood on D and hit harder than he has all year. He was head hunting the whole game.

Douglas is a man and it is good he is not overused at this point.It will take more than two to get him down. It is almost unfair.

The team that beats Maryville will have to control the line and put pressure on Burnette and get to him.It will take a perfect D game to stop them. Rodrigues is like a Slash player who showed he can be dangerous in the run game, passing game, or just blocking to open a hole for his running mates.I would say he has been one of the main sparks to this team since he was moved to RB.He has opened things up for the passing game and for ball control to rest the D. The passing game is lethal but now you cannot tee off on Burnette with the threat of Rodrigues and Schuler.Maybe not as talented as last year but could be just as good or even a better Team.Emphasis on Team.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys def have an exceptional well coached team, we do well in kick returns and u guys tooke that away quick by kicking it short and away from our good return men. plus ur line wasnt very big and they did a great job protecting the qb. how much do u guys work on pass blocking in practice??

Well I had a pretty strong suspicion that this wouldn't be much of a game, but as someone who hadn't seen Red Bank it's hard to get overconfident. I thought that Red Bank would get a rude awakening, but I had no idea it would be a total blowout. Some observations:

- this was Maryville's best performance since Alcoa

- Red Bank's pre-game celebration on our sideline was classless and I think made Maryville mad

- Red Bank's fans cheered at some really strange times...like after we ran for a big first down. It was like they were just glad we didn't go all the way...

- Red Bank's best weapon was 27, and I didn't see him get any touches in the 2nd half...did he get hurt or did they just abandon the run?

- Maybe Red Bank focused too much on "getting another shot at Maryville"

One of the guys I watched the game with had an interesting point. He said that Red Bank's coach had rearranged a number of his players to compensate for the one he lost. So instead of just plugging in a backup, he took several people from the positions they are used to playing and stuck them someplace else. I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm not sure it's what I'd do with my season on the line.

I hope that Red Bank learned some respect. I hope that Maryville doesn't think that they can always just turn it up a notch when someone awakens their passion.

One of the guys I watched the game with had an interesting point. He said that Red Bank's coach had rearranged a number of his players to compensate for the one he lost. So instead of just plugging in a backup, he took several people from the positions they are used to playing and stuck them someplace else. I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm not sure it's what I'd do with my season on the line.

I heard they used a little bit of practice time on Sidline Dancing. We need a name for the little sidline routine. As one poster mentioned earlier, You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger and you don't mess around George. So I suggest we call the Dancing with the Stars routine the: RedBankSuperSpitRangerDanceThatgotusaDoubleDoseofTennesseeDogWhoopin'MercyRuleScoredonbythe#2'sRoutine

That might be a little long. If anyone has a better name for the pre-game pow wow lets here them.

Red Bank's best weapon was 27, and I didn't see him get any touches in the 2nd half...did he get hurt or did they just abandon the run?>>

Tracy Sims (27) played every down on Defense. Maddox (11) has more yards rushing than Sims in the 1st half. If you were down 35-7 and 42-7 would you continue to run the ball?

Red Bank's coach had rearranged a number of his players to compensate for the one he lost. So instead of just plugging in a backup, he took several people from the positions they are used to playing and stuck them someplace else. I don't know if that's true or not, but I'm not sure it's what I'd do with my season on the line.>>

One of the guys you watched the game with was Wrong. Red Bank put Benford's #3 on his little brother and he took his place at wide out and safety.

So I suggest we call the Dancing with the Stars routine the: RedBankSuperSpitRangerDanceThatgotusaDoubleDoseofTennesseeDogWhoopin'MercyRuleScoredonbythe#2'sRoutine

That might be a little long. If anyone has a better name for the pre-game pow wow lets here them.

Red Rebulls, that is a good naim fer hit.

STARS is a purty good dancer and 'Dancing with the STARS' is one of Momma's favorite thangs (so long as eye don't step on her feet two much), butt eye can't hold a candull two them Chattanoogie Boogiemen/football players!!

>Tracy Sims (27) played every down on Defense. Maddox (11) has more yards rushing than Sims in the 1st half. If you were down 35-7 and 42-7 would you continue to run the ball?>One of the guys you watched the game with was Wrong. Red Bank put Benford's #3 on his little brother and he took his place at wide out and safety.

Thanks for the information sir. I didn't realize that 27 went both ways. He certainly caught my eye running the ball though. The first guy to him bounced off almost every time. I was glad that we were able to have 4 or 5 guys on him all the time. I was also glad that he didn't stay in there to beat us up after the outcome was settled in the first half. We're beat up enough at this point without having to tackle a train for a whole game.To answer your question, yes I would have continued to try to run the ball some in the second half. Not nearly as much as in the first...but like I said, I'm not sure he got ANY touches. I was more impressed with him than with they guy who you said had more yards. I'll pass your words along to the guy I was talking to. He had just heard that information, but obviously neither of us had seen RB before so there was no way for us to verify that rumor. Better luck next year.

I heard they used a little bit of practice time on Sidline Dancing. We need a name for the little sidline routine. As one poster mentioned earlier, You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger and you don't mess around George. So I suggest we call the Dancing with the Stars routine the: RedBankSuperSpitRangerDanceThatgotusaDoubleDoseofTennesseeDogWhoopin'MercyRuleScoredonbythe#2'sRoutine That might be a little long. If anyone has a better name for the pre-game pow wow lets here them.

I'd call it the "We're-getting-warmed-up-for-what's-coming-to-us" jig.

woah now. just because we lost does not mean our o line had a bad night. and with the exception of the twins, the line is rather small. they played just fine.

i didn't respond the first time you made this idiotic statement because i wasn't sure you knew what you were talking about well now i'm sure. I'm sorry if your child got spanked without your permission but sometimes thats how it is in the trenches. If you don't believe me and i'm sure evrybody else on here with any football knowledge go ask coach Daniels if his O line "did just fine."