William Blount Post-Season Discussions

jethro

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on jv/freshmen games and returning starters....how do you think the Govs will do next year? I am curious about the "young" offencive line...from what I've seen they are all aggresive run blockers...#67 keeps his feet moving and #57 looks to be tough too what does everyone else think? and what about QB?

A stat that jumped out at me WB's sacks - 33, Opponents sacks - 4. Is this correct? If so, that is amazing ratio, and both lines should be congratulated.

I noticed that stat also. This is impressive for both offense and defense. I checked the prior year stats and there is nothing quite like it. This was a team!

I would say that the 4 opponent's sacks comes from Tyler's scrambling abilities as well as the line. I thought (in the Bearden game for example) the line wasn't holding up long enough for him for many plays and he would have to scramble.

Anyone know when the Football Banquet will be held and where? Is it open to fans, or just players/family only?

Hey Jethro

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.. Have you heard from slingblade? We need to let him know where to send our Christmas presents................. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

tpoole12

So can anyone give any input on what we should expect next year?Offensivly and Defensively

There will be alot of new faces / names in the starting group... I don't exspect a change of scheme.. " If it's not broke... yada yada.... Coach Emert will build another good line... The other coaches will find the right "fit" in the other positions.. Cope, Lail, Gordley and Garner will be year older and stronger... That being said, I exspect a good year. There will be a "learning curve" to endure but as the new faces get more game time I think we will enjoy more and more success.. No matter what, it will be fun... I look forward to next season... With this last season being our first year in this offense the players coming up will be better schooled in the scheme and that should help the learning curve.... When does spring practice start? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

GO GOVS

There will be alot of new faces / names in the starting group... I don't exspect a change of scheme.. " If it's not broke... yada yada.... Coach Emert will build another good line... The other coaches will find the right "fit" in the other positions.. Cope, Lail, Gordley and Garner will be year older and stronger... That being said, I exspect a good year. There will be a "learning curve" to endure but as the new faces get more game time I think we will enjoy more and more success.. No matter what, it will be fun... I look forward to next season... With this last season being our first year in this offense the players coming up will be better schooled in the scheme and that should help the learning curve.... When does spring practice start? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

GO GOVS

Last year it started around late April I believe but not sure about this coming season. I agree though.All the returning starters will have more game experience and Coach Emert always does a nice job with the line. Experience will only benefit all of the new players. I look forward to next year. Go Govs!!!

Hey Jethro

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.. Have you heard from slingblade? We need to let him know where to send our Christmas presents................. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

tpoole12

Nope, I've not talked to ol' Sling. I've not even been on the site for a while. I'm expectin' some good things from him this Christmas .... I've been good! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Regarding the banquet: Is it only for players and parents, or can the general fan base show up. It would be real nice if we could fill up the Commons area with a bunch of fans and show the guys how much we appreciated their efforts this year. This is a turning point, I'm hoping, for an improved mindset at WB.

Jethro.