Pickett VS LA

Daisy

Do not take what this "hater" as a CSAS fan.....he is not! He is just a "hater"!!! I am a CSAS fan and I respect the long tradition of excellence that Pickett County basketball has established. The players and coaches at Pickett work hard just like the ones at CSAS, but yes, Pickett has enjoyed more success. CSAS has had the misfortune of moving up in classiciation a couple of times when they might have won a single A title or two ('98 being one for sure). I think the true Pickett and CSAS fans have a genuine respect for each other and their programs.

You are right..

I thought they would win it all in '91 when they beat a great PC team in the first round.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not take what this "hater" as a CSAS fan.....he is not! He is just a "hater"!!! I am a CSAS fan and I respect the long tradition of excellence that Pickett County basketball has established. The players and coaches at Pickett work hard just like the ones at CSAS, but yes, Pickett has enjoyed more success. CSAS has had the misfortune of moving up in classiciation a couple of times when they might have won a single A title or two ('98 being one for sure). I think the true Pickett and CSAS fans have a genuine respect for each other and their programs.

i respect PC more than you think tay. there coach is a killer. but they have the benifit/curse of being in a less athletic region of single A. is PC a game i would like to play again in sub-state? NOOO!!!!!! not up there atleast. its a hard place to play cause your public enemy #1

Good job LA, but pickett held their own. LA is weak inside.

With TC there, it would have been a different game. Jacob Wright showed up to play, and so did the others. They came within 4, i think, at one time. Good job PC. If Pickett had 2 more players to go in, pickett would be hard to handle, i dont know for sure, but i heard rumors over the summer of kids going up there, but they are still gonna be hard to handle. For single A ball, they can play with the best of 3A. Keep it up PC!!!

With TC there, it would have been a different game. Jacob Wright showed up to play, and so did the others. They came within 4, i think, at one time. Good job PC. If Pickett had 2 more players to go in, pickett would be hard to handle, i dont know for sure, but i heard rumors over the summer of kids going up there, but they are still gonna be hard to handle. For single A ball, they can play with the best of 3A. Keep it up PC!!!

yes, i heard that there were 2 going up there, but i didnt hear any names. you're right moneyhoney, they can hang with the best!

This 'crew' did an exceptional job ! If you would just watch the film, they got most or their 'plays' right. As far as Case having it in for Bibb, its just not so. He will continue to be assigned games with Pickett Co - both at home and on the road. So you might as well get used to seing his face. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As for being unprofessional, these officials in the Upper Cumberland are the most professional around.

Who is this Blind Bill or Ken?

I am as sure as I can be that no coach can X an offical in this day and time, now what Barry Smith did to Gary Maxwell how many years ago I don't know.(Maxwell hasn't called high school in at least ten years, I guess he is a little busy calling games like Duke/North Carolina) I am sure many requests are made that an offical not go to any number of schools and that request is always denied. As far as how any referee adresses Coach Bibb he deserves what ever he gets. He WAS friends with many of the referees in the Upper Cumberland before he went to Pickett and I believe he thought he and his team would get the benefit of all doubt when that didn't happen and he didn't get his way, you get what you have now.

You have lost your mind /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Bibb doesnt ask 4 special treatment but if he doesnt like a call he says something thats what coaches do.The problem i have is when a coach says something and the ref stairs them down holds a grudge and makes calls to spite and believe me this happens.I dont care what maxwell is calling money gets you far i guess he is still a .... head.

PC has a good basketball team, no doubt. It will be exciting next time around when Capps is healthy and playing, but the outcome won't be me much different. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time either, but I just think, IMO, LA is the better squad this year.

This thread has gotten out of hand. Livingston beat Pickett County in a matchup of two very good teams. Pickett was without Capps and that definitely made a difference. LA still wins the game, but it would have been closer. And as for the referee comments, they are way out of line. The officials called a fair game. The only reason why so many fouls were called is because so many fouls were committed. No referee is out to get Coach Bibb and you have to be crazy to think that. If he shows up an official, then yes they will take offense to it...that's their job.

P.S. I still don't know why one poster had to mention Gary Maxwell in this thread. He is a very accomplished official and has worked his way up as a result of his talent and hard work. Let's quit bashing people we hardly know.