grace christian academy

scoutman511

listen i bein watching basketball in this region for 10 years, and grace just dont have the big man to do anything way down the road. yea u will win the district this year, but when u play the teams like unaka, hampton, and cosby late in the region tourny thats bein there every year it will get tough. good luck tho, oh yea winning the state is way outa the question, be happy to get there. its a different bread of basketball down there guys.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played Grace at camp this summer they are pretty good. I coached in Tennessee for 10 years before coming to Alabama this past year and believe me- Coach Lamb is the real deal. Cosbyfan, they may not have a true big man- but look at Bruce Pearl playing without a true "big" man. You can play undersized and still win the state tournament. You must not have watched Tenn. Temple Academy play enough. It would not shock me to see them go to state this year, win it all?- anything could happen.

Coach Worsley

listen i bein watching basketball in this region for 10 years, and grace just dont have the big man to do anything way down the road. yea u will win the district this year, but when u play the teams like unaka, hampton, and cosby late in the region tourny thats bein there every year it will get tough. good luck tho, oh yea winning the state is way outa the question, be happy to get there. its a different bread of basketball down there guys.

Grace plays a very fast pace game, tough defense and runs the ball so no grace does not start anyone over 6'4. Wannamaker is 6'2 and miss matchs work both ways he is very hard for a big man to cover because of his speed. Grace does have 6'5, 6'3, 6'3 6'2 off the bench this year that they didnt have last year. Grace does have enough size but thier style is better suited for quick players and not so much bulk. I do understand The competition is alot tougher at state but to say unaka and cosby is a huge overstatement. Cosby ended up like forth in the district tourn last year and lost alot of those players. Grace plays very good defense and if you know basketball thats what usually sets teams apart.

Grace plays a very fast pace game, tough defense and runs the ball so no grace does not start anyone over 6'4. Wannamaker is 6'2 and miss matchs work both ways he is very hard for a big man to cover because of his speed. Grace does have 6'5, 6'3, 6'3 6'2 off the bench this year that they didnt have last year. Grace does have enough size but thier style is better suited for quick players and not so much bulk. I do understand The competition is alot tougher at state but to say unaka and cosby is a huge overstatement. Cosby ended up like forth in the district tourn last year and lost alot of those players. Grace plays very good defense and if you know basketball thats what usually sets teams apart.

6'5" is pretty dang big up in these parts.(for single A) Thats how we got to the turney the last 2 years(defense)

slusher is a heck of a shooter, but is his supporting cast really good enough to get them to state? this was a big topic last year and they were beaten in the region tourney. again slusher will get his points every game, but someone else will have to step up, because the teams in their district and region play tough d and have shooters as well.

You guys misunderstood me, i didnt say cosby would beat grace this year, because that is not true. what i said is its hard to beat teams with the likes of cosby who has been there deep in the post-season every year like cosby. unaka, and cloudland. i played for cosby last year and graduated, this year and last years teams were not the normal cosby. we still gave it to ya pretty good at home /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> . and to bring up ut is a lil farfetched, u dont have any loftons, or smiths on ur team. my junior year in 06 we were tough 34-2 and got beat pretty good team in the 1st round and that cosby team would beat the brakes off this years grace team. but when(if) u get to murfreesboro you get to see west tennessee basketball, which is miles ahead of east tennessee. good luck /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

slusher is a heck of a shooter, but is his supporting cast really good enough to get them to state? this was a big topic last year and they were beaten in the region tourney. again slusher will get his points every game, but someone else will have to step up, because the teams in their district and region play tough d and have shooters as well.

You must not have seen Grace play because Slucher averaged 19ppg, Pridemore 18ppg and Wannamaker 14ppg so Grace has much more than just Slusher. Both of these other two players were new to Grace last year. Pridemore is a junior and Wannamaker is a Senior