Don't mess around with Insel!!

Remember the song, You Don't mess around with Jim".....Something about you don't spit in the wind, you don't tug on Superman's cape....etc., etc. Well I thought Insell's players didn't backtalk him either. But someone told me a girl for the Shelbyville's 15s was in his face on the bench Sunday in the finals (Well not exactly in his face, but toward it). And then my friend said the girl stormed away from him and threw a chair. I have told my friend at least a million times not to exagerate (sp)....Someone that was there, can you varify what my friend saw, or didn't see, and whom the girl was?

A chair did go over backwards with a lot of noise. The girl in front of it made a step to pick it up but, threw up her hands in exasperation and sat down at the end of the bench, with her head in her hands. The coach went over and talked with her a little while. Thats all.

To set the record

straight, there was no

throwning of chairs what

soever. The player from

Shelbyville, which happens

to be a girl that plays

for Coach Insell at SCHS,

went to sit down at the

end of the bench next to

Coach Wilson. When she

did, she slipped and the

chair went backwards and

she fell down. When she

tried to pick the chair

back up and unfold it, she

couldn't so she put the

chair back down. As for

back talk, there was none,

and if any of you really

know Coach Insell you

would know that if there

was backtalk or a scene

made, this girl would no

longer be associated with

any Shelbyville team. Just

a big misunderstanding

Pitino, you don't like Harlow and you don't like Insel

You definitely don't like anything about Bradley. You know an awfully lot about what happens in the "local" basketball scenes and all about the AAU. I don't know who you are, BUT I would love for you to come watch the 13's practice sometime and talk to me. I don't know who you are on here, but you know me. Let me enlighten you on Insel. Just watching him in practice and games and the little bit I know about him, I can assure you that nobody, not player or parent, would ever get in his face and ever be back on his court. My daughter, whom you refer to as "lil shooter", has the utmost respect for him both as a coach and as a person. Most of the people who you talk to are simply jealous or envious or just downright spiteful, so don't believe everything you hear.. Note that most of the negative that you hear comes from players who have QUIT the programs or from parents whose kid just could not make it.... Or you could be hearing all the negative things from other coaches who would love to be in either of the coaches shoes .

[Edited by tnwareagle on 6/13/02 8:05P]

Wrong! Wrong! Mrs. WarEagle. My feelings toward any person does not involve the School they coach at. That would be ludicrous. I like Jack. Me and Jack go back a long way. I think he is a great coach. Insell....Hey what can you say. You can't blame him for what he gets away with. That is R. Carter's fault. If I was in Insel's shoes, I would attempt to do the same thing. As for as the girl in his face. My buddy still stands behind his version of what happened. I didn't know the girl played at Shelbyville High though. I guess that explains why she is still on the AAU team. And where can I see you to chat. Where do the 13s practice. How will I know you. Describe yourself in 10 words or less.

But Pitino, you know me, remember.............. You were going golfing with my husband, remember????? And you know my daughter well.... or have you forgotten??? You had a lot of advice on where she should go to school. You know me, BUT I don't know who you are...........Or do I????????? Hmmm, I wonder..............Oh, and you should know since you know me and my family so well, that I can't describe anything in ten words or less.

[Edited by tnwareagle on 6/13/02 8:06P]

Pitino, what is coach Insell getting away with? My daughter also plays on the 13U team and he is a competitive winner who helps the girls reach their maximum potential. I do not know of any player or parent from our team that does not respect him as a coach and an individual. Look at his success in high school, AAU, and the girls he has helped obtain full scholarships and continue playing after high school. So, hear it from individuals who are on the inside and part of the team.

Sorry about the mispell. That don't answer the question. If you are in Macon Co, there are alot of AA fans that are interested in how things are going in that district. The Cookeville Herald Citizen covers sports news about RBS in A. If you are in Campbell Co, then East TN fans will be interested in your observations.

As for the "chair" thing, DrFeelGood's post described it all. I sat straight across the gym from it. I saw everything after the initial crash.

[Edited by jimbo44 on 6/18/02 10:35P]