Marion County

DelTavian

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bill#49 should apply. I think he would do an excellent job plus he would be well liked by the players and he could get all the "volunteer" coaches back out to help. Hopefully Bill will consider applying for the job. Surely the principal at Marion would give you some consideration. I would guess alot of the "back in the day" volunteers would reappear if you just asked or mentioned it.

i really don't know if there is any truth behind this but i have heard that coach Wiggins from Notre dame was interested along with silverdale baptist coach, an Atkins the old Boyd coach that is now coaching at ringgold i believe i think Wiggins, Atkins are both great coach's i hadn't really heard much about the silverdale coach

I feel bad for Snobird. Snobird was putting everything he had into the job at Marion County. Overall Snobird is an excellent guy and a young and ambitious coach. People must be very careful about the next hire at Marion County. If you hire the wrong guy the program could turn into complete MANURE. I don't think anyone wants that to happen. People expect Marion to be the power they were in the 90's and it isn't going to happen. I think they have 3 capable coaches that are presentely on the staff that could lead them. Beck, Kirtpatrick and Gudger should be the front runners for the job. The middle school coach at Marion may also deserve a chance at leading the high school program. Looking at the records it looks like he has won as many games as they have, so maybe he would be the right choice. They have been on the staff the longest and now it is there turn to lead. I hope Snobird lands on his feet some where down the road. Goodluck on your future endeavors Snobird.

Old Pirate says jasper will hopefully find a replacement soon. It is unlikely a replacement will come from within the current staff. The coaches know the upcoming talent will continue to struggle in their region. With local area non-region programs at their peaks, Jasper will have addtitional major challenges that will most likely be in the loss column for the next several years. Old Pirate says an outside coach would most likely be optimistic not having a full grasp of the pipeline talent. OP wishes coach Beck luck in his hiring efforts.

i really don't know if there is any truth behind this but i have heard that coach Wiggins from Notre dame was interested along with silverdale baptist coach, an Atkins the old Boyd coach that is now coaching at ringgold i believe i think Wiggins, Atkins are both great coach's i hadn't really heard much about the silverdale coach

I don't think Wiggins would leave ND, Atkins just started at Ringgold... The silverdale coach though... I don't know about him... He used to coach at Bradley and LFO (in Georgia I think), these are all big name guys, heres the thing.. are they willing to put up with all the BS that comes a long with this job ?

I don't think Wiggins would leave ND, Atkins just started at Ringgold... The silverdale coach though... I don't know about him... He used to coach at Bradley and LFO (in Georgia I think), these are all big name guys, heres the thing.. are they willing to put up with all the BS that comes a long with this job ?

Hey grungy player, why don't you stay on your thread about the grundy position. You have spent enough time on our board poor-mouthing our choice of firing Jason. If he was such an offensive mastermind, why didn't Ken hire him at Grundy a few years ago when that job was open? Coach C must have known something if he didn't hire him then. What about now, if he is going to be great one day, why don't you guys pull together for him right now and get him while you can?