Marion County

DelTavian

Does anybody know what coaches may have applied? I know there was at least 1 interview last Wednesday.

Do you know who it was that interviewed Wednesday? I have heard a really interesting rumor on sport talk radio the other day, but I am quite sure that it is just that. I was kind of in on the end of the discussion. I really hope that they take their time on this one and don't rush like they have on three of four other hires. Maybe diehardpurple can give us some names that have been interested in the job.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Umpire2829 was a softball Living Legend from the Sequatchie Valley. I bet this young lad had many of good experiences in the valley if he was an all world Living Legend softball player. It's pretty neat that you played for a Living Legend (KC) and then you became a Living Legend in softball up and down the valley. Now if you are an umpire then you are another kind of Living Legend, it just may not be the type you want to be. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Has anybody heard any news. Word on the street is there has been several inquiries/applicants from the inside and outside the area. Can't find out any names. Anybody got any names.

Hey where you at MCRoadwarrior, I ain't heard from you in a while. I want to get on that plus thing. Rumor has it a coach was named today, not for sure though.

Does anyone know who the new coach is going to be? Hopefully Marion County brought in a true Living Legend that will get those young lads in great shape and return them to respectability. Everyone just realize that a new coach can't perform miracles. Good talent makes a coach better and less talent makes a coach worse. That is just the way it is. It will be interesting to see if the new coach asks many of the other coaches to step down. I am still shocked at how many of the Marion faithful made the statement that they hoped a new coach cleaned house and upgraded the coaches around him. Hopefully everything works out great!

Purplegrad, McRoadWarrior, DieHardPurple, do you guys hope that the new coach cleans house and gets rid of the "extra baggage" coaches that many of the warrior fans seem to think they have? There are many warrior fans that feel like the extra coaches and ball boys on the sidelines are taking away from the team. I was just curious what your thoughts are? I would hate to know I was out there on the sidelines as a coach helper or ball boy the way the majority of Marion County fans talk trash about them. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

Purplegrad, McRoadWarrior, DieHardPurple, do you guys hope that the new coach cleans house and gets rid of the "extra baggage" coaches that many of the warrior fans seem to think they have? There are many warrior fans that feel like the extra coaches and ball boys on the sidelines are taking away from the team. I was just curious what your thoughts are? I would hate to know I was out there on the sidelines as a coach helper or ball boy the way the majority of Marion County fans talk trash about them. That would be a tough pill to swallow.

Legend,

I don't know what you are referring to as "extra baggage". You must be a bitter Marion alumni that is wanting the program to return to the hay days when KC was around. I doubt that it is going to happen. I think Coach Beck will be the next man in charge. He will make a good coach. I hope these people get behind him and give him a chance. The talent level in Jasper is going to have to increase drastically for them to return to a respectful program.

I am not bitter about anything. I am just saying what MANY people at the 3 Marion games I attended this year were saying to me and in front of me. The fans and some parents of players seem to be adamant about getting rid of the "extra baggage" as they called them. I don't know what any of those coaching helpers did, but it is obvious they are not adored by the majority of the community at all. I just hope they get a terrific new coach that will get these young lads going in the right direction.

I am not bitter about anything. I am just saying what MANY people at the 3 Marion games I attended this year were saying to me and in front of me. The fans and some parents of players seem to be adamant about getting rid of the "extra baggage" as they called them. I don't know what any of those coaching helpers did, but it is obvious they are not adored by the majority of the community at all. I just hope they get a terrific new coach that will get these young lads going in the right direction.

Maybe the coach does need to get rid of "extra baggage" as you call it. But maybe the big problem is people like you who get on here starting crap, with posts like these. It's not hard to figure out who I am biggun, and you don't have to try to be sneaky with your posts. If you are trying to address me, email me or call me. I ain't hard to find.

You have a significant amount of input for someone who attended three ballgames. I agree with ol king Leon, you must have a pretty bad taste in your mouth about something. Maybe the only so-called legendary status you've ever earned is posting on CoachT. Now thats ashame. I would hate to think I had to get on here and post 24-7 because this is the only outlet that will give me legendary status, now that would be a tough pill to swallow.

Plz hire KC... He's the best man for the job.

I'm really sorry to disappoint some of you but KC hasnt even applied for the job! I asked him myself! It's all smoke and mirrors for the Assistant Principle to take the job people! Trying to find a coach for MC is like Alabama trying to replace Bear Bryant. We MC fans have got to be honest with ourselves, it is in no way going to be like it used to be in the 80s or 90s. Look around the neighber hoods, tell me where the kids are playing football in the backyards? How many basketball goals are there in driveways? Xbox, Playstations have taken the place of these. Sometimes the truth hurts.....

I'm really sorry to disappoint some of you but KC hasnt even applied for the job! I asked him myself! It's all smoke and mirrors for the Assistant Principle to take the job people! Trying to find a coach for MC is like Alabama trying to replace Bear Bryant. We MC fans have got to be honest with ourselves, it is in no way going to be like it used to be in the 80s or 90s. Look around the neighber hoods, tell me where the kids are playing football in the backyards? How many basketball goals are there in driveways? Xbox, Playstations have taken the place of these. Sometimes the truth hurts.....

I am not trying to be argumentative, but if this is true, how do you explain the success of the SP program, just 15 minutes down the road?

I am by no means an expert, but shouldn't a larger school statistically have a higher number of talented individuals? I guess the trick is getting those kids with natural ability to go out for football, which is part of the coach's job. And these kids need a good coach in order to build good skills. Then success breeds more success. Every kid wants to play for a winning team, right?