Marion County

DelTavian

I was also wondering what math position you are referring to that is available?

OK... I'll make one more post even though I said I would only make one. At the current time, the only position that is available is an Algebra position. Currently, former MCHS teacher Mr. Harris is filling this spot as an emergency fill situation. Mr. Harris would love nothing better than to go back into retirement so that he could do some hunting/fishing. He has been gracious enough to come out of retirement to help out in our time of need.

There is a possibility that there will be a Science position open up next semester or at the end of the year. Also, some of the faculty at MCHS have enough time in to retire if they so choose. NONE of those positions are open at this time so they can't be dangled out there for potential coaches.

I don't know why you are getting on Bill so hard. I was the one that made the statement that we must have faith in the administration (yes... that is Coach Boeck and Mrs. Prince) and I do believe that they are taking the right steps towards successfully filling this position. It isn't as easy as you seem to think it is. We can't just hire anyone and then create a position. To answer another question that was posed in another post, No the funds aren't there to create an ISS or other non-essential position. With three high schools to support in the county, it's difficult to have enough funding to cover the core subjects......

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confident that Marion County will bring in a true Living Legend. I have heard reports of several Living Legends potentially coming to Jasper, but I will reserve the right to keep those to myself at this time. Rest assured a Legend is on the way. Just wait and see. Time will tell. Goodluck to the purple and white on this search. They are going to get a terrific old lad to lead this team. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

I do agree with what you are saying, if that is the case. I just don't see any proof that that is this case in this situation. Who says it was the assistants causing the program to take large steps backwards? I don't know what kind of coach any of those guys are or Evans was, but I would question the football IQ of a few of them and that would start with Evans before it would Joe Dan. He was the man in charge therefore if something went wrong he had the final say. When they continually made the same mistakes over and over it was his responsibility to learn from those and make sure that they didn't continue happen, but he didn't and now we are looking for a coach. Joe Dan was an assistant with Pruitt as well and I never heard these complaints then, why now?

Joe Dan WAS NOT an assistant when Coach Pruitt was here.

Joe Dan WAS NOT an assistant when Coach Pruitt was here.

I agree Bill, this was Joe Dan's second year as an assistant.

Who says it was the assistants causing the program to take large steps backwards? I don't know what kind of coach any of those guys are or Evans was, but I would question the football IQ of a few of them and that would start with Evans before it would Joe Dan. He was the man in charge therefore if something went wrong he had the final say. When they continually made the same mistakes over and over it was his responsibility to learn from those and make sure that they didn't continue happen, but he didn't and now we are looking for a coach.

I agree that the head coach needs to step up and make the decisions...but, once he got pushed out of the way or allowed himself to be pushed out of the way...whichever you prefer, then you have to watch the assistants to tell whether they know what is going on or not...it is my opinion that from watching Joe Dan...even though he was a good player, he is not a good coach RIGHT NOW!!! I think he could be turned into a good coach, but I think it would be best if he were an assistant at a different school to learn the ropes in coaching. I think he is too close right now.

I agree Bill, this was Joe Dan's second year as an assistant.

I agree that the head coach needs to step up and make the decisions...but, once he got pushed out of the way or allowed himself to be pushed out of the way...whichever you prefer, then you have to watch the assistants to tell whether they know what is going on or not...it is my opinion that from watching Joe Dan...even though he was a good player, he is not a good coach RIGHT NOW!!! I think he could be turned into a good coach, but I think it would be best if he were an assistant at a different school to learn the ropes in coaching. I think he is too close right now.

I understand your point of view. The problems didn't start with Joe Dan or his inexperience, they started with Jason and his. I think that with an experienced coach who could guide and teach his assistants we could have a very good program. We have a lot of guys who are dedicated to this program and some are in deeper than others, but they all bleed purple and white. I just hope we find a good experienced coach who can come in and guide this program in the right direction.

I understand your point of view. The problems didn't start with Joe Dan or his inexperience, they started with Jason and his. I think that with an experienced coach who could guide and teach his assistants we could have a very good program. We have a lot of guys who are dedicated to this program and some are in deeper than others, but they all bleed purple and white. I just hope we find a good experienced coach who can come in and guide this program in the right direction.

Amen brother!!

I went out and looked around the fieldhouse today and Coach Boeck, Coach Kirkpatrick and Coach Gudger were all out there working like crazy. Although, a few things are out of place right now due to their cleaning up, it looked like somebody might take a little pride in the place. I understand that a lot of changes in the fieldhouse are going to be taking place during the next couple of weeks. After a new head coach is named and everything gets in place I suggest that people come out and take a look at what these men have done since the end of the football season.

Looking good men!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach Pruitt, now that man right there was a true Living Legend. How did his Alabama team fare this year? I am sure they did just fine, but haven't really heard anything about them over the past 2 seasons.

they did pretty good they went 10-3 or 9-3 won the region title going 8-2 in the regular season then they got put out in the 2nd or 3rd round by a very very very good Leeds high school team 34-31

dhp...

I don't know who talked to Legend at the games, but I am one of those on here who said that one of the best moves the new coach could make would be to get rid of Gudger and meybe one more and get them off the sidelines. I do believe that. I think if they are not on the sidelines and at prectices, it will be better for the team overall. Gudger was great to pump up the kids, but honestly, they did a lot of that for themselves. He seems to be very confused on the sidelines and I think that filters down to the players as well.

I don't know what the coaches in the pressbox did, so I will not comment on them, but some of the guys on the sidelines such as Gudger and maybe one more need to be gone.

Volhooker, Why are you hating on Gudger so bad? This guy goes out there and VOLUNTEER'S his time without getting paid a single dime and you are wanting to run him off. This is the problem with this program, its people like you that want back the coaching staff. These players hear this and then they feel like the people aren't behind them either. This makes them believe that they are just average. Why don't you start supporting these coaches instead of criticizing them?

Volhooker, Why are you hating on Gudger so bad? This guy goes out there and VOLUNTEER'S his time without getting paid a single dime and you are wanting to run him off. This is the problem with this program, its people like you that want back the coaching staff. These players hear this and then they feel like the people aren't behind them either. This makes them believe that they are just average. Why don't you start supporting these coaches instead of criticizing them?

Very well put King Leon quit hating on Gudger-or why dont you donate some of ur time volhooker-or could it be that u have no children playing next year HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM makes people wonder who u really are dont u say Volhooker /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There seems to be ALOT of built up hostility in here between Mr. Hooker and Mr. Gudger. I don't know why it is but obviously these two don't like each other very much. I think I have a solution to the problem. Since football season is over. We could set up an exhibition wrestling match between these two guys. We could even set it up at the Marion County fair next September. The loser of the match would have to bow down to the winner in front of the grandstands at the fair. Bill49, could you serve as the special referee? I think it would be a good event. Heck, charge a dollar for admission and let those proceeds go to help supplement the new Marion County Living Legend's coaching salary.

As for the coaching search. Has Coach Armstrong from Dunlap applied? He is a young and enthusiastic coach. I kind of thought Mr. Barger might also apply for the position. Goodluck on the remainder of the search.