Marion County

DelTavian

There seems to be ALOT of built up hostility in here between Mr. Hooker and Mr. Gudger. I don't know why it is but obviously these two don't like each other very much. I think I have a solution to the problem. Since football season is over. We could set up an exhibition wrestling match between these two guys. We could even set it up at the Marion County fair next September. The loser of the match would have to bow down to the winner in front of the grandstands at the fair. Bill49, could you serve as the special referee? I think it would be a good event. Heck, charge a dollar for admission and let those proceeds go to help supplement the new Marion County Living Legend's coaching salary.

As for the coaching search. Has Coach Armstrong from Dunlap applied? He is a young and enthusiastic coach. I kind of thought Mr. Barger might also apply for the position. Goodluck on the remainder of the search.

TLL if you know Joe Dan, he gets along with everybody. I know from experience, it takes a whole lot to get Joe Dan mad enough to wrestle. I don't know if a wrestling match would be in the best interest for volhooker, but that's a funny gesture./smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I do know this however; whoever becomes head coach at Marion will have some work to do. I have faith that the right choice will be made, and good things are in store for the Warrior faithful. We Marion County fans want the boys to be successful. The baseball and basketball teams are doing well, and it's time for the football team to catch up. Bill said they were doing a lot of things up at the field house, can't wait to see the improvements. And Living Legend, I sense a little sarcasm in your tone. Coach Armstrong, come on now.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diehardpurple, if you know both of these guys try to set up the match. I think it would be very funny. Mr. Hooker in one corner wearing his wresting attire and Mr. Gudger in the other corner wearing purple and white spandex shorts with some of those tall purple boots that come to the wrestler's knees. It would be entertainment for everyone for sure. People say Coach Armstrong is a good young coach that just needs some material to work with. I heard the other day that some of the Marion faithful here have said Gary Rankin was interested. I don't see him leaving that situation anytime soon. What do you think? I had also heard that Boeck, Kirkpatrick and Gudger could be considered, but then again some of those sources were the same ones talking about getting rid of the extra baggage coaches on the sidelines. So go figure what everyone really wants. It doesn't matter what happens, one guarantee can be made. Someone, somewhere will not be happy with something. So do us all a favor and get that wrestling match squared away. At least then we can all have a good time and be entertained.

Diehardpurple, if you know both of these guys try to set up the match. I think it would be very funny. Mr. Hooker in one corner wearing his wresting attire and Mr. Gudger in the other corner wearing purple and white spandex shorts with some of those tall purple boots that come to the wrestler's knees. It would be entertainment for everyone for sure. People say Coach Armstrong is a good young coach that just needs some material to work with. I heard the other day that some of the Marion faithful here have said Gary Rankin was interested. I don't see him leaving that situation anytime soon. What do you think? I had also heard that Boeck, Kirkpatrick and Gudger could be considered, but then again some of those sources were the same ones talking about getting rid of the extra baggage coaches on the sidelines. So go figure what everyone really wants. It doesn't matter what happens, one guarantee can be made. Someone, somewhere will not be happy with something. So do us all a favor and get that wrestling match squared away. At least then we can all have a good time and be entertained.

Legend, I have not heard of Gary Rankin coming to MC. I couldn't imagine him leaving a dynasty that he is continuing to build. As for this wrestling match, I have never heard of this before. It would be fun to see.

Yeah I agree, Armstrong does have potential to be a good coach. Joe Dan would absolutely mangle VollHooker. It wouldn't be fit for kids, and some adults to watch at the fair./smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I do realize that someone will be sore about the decision. I mean somebody would be upset if we got Saben, or Fulmer. Bottom line, in order for people around here to be happy, the solution is simple. WIN I don't think Gary Rankin would leave the situation he's got. Would You?? Marion just needs a coach who is dedicated to the program, and intends on being here for the long haul.

Mr. Hard, since you seem to think Mr. Gudger would mangle Mr. Hooker, I have a solution to that also. Tell Mr. Gudger that he would have to have a handicap to wrestle Mr. Hooker. Mr. Gudger would have to wrestle the entire match from his knees. Don't you think that would make it more fair? I tell you what, if Bill49 didn't want to be the special guest referee then you can be the special referee. I just think it would be funny to see Mr. Gudger in one corner and Mr. Hooker in the other. The funnier part could be the idea of Mr. Gudger in those spandex biker shorts with those tall wrestling boots on. Talk to both of these guys about it and see if they would consider it. It could make some money for the program. We could even make a sign that read, "What you are about to see could be extremely graffic and violent. Parental supervision is required." Oh yea, one more thing, since I now show you the respect and call you Mr. Hard, could you please refer to me as Mr. Legend? I just think it is much more courteous and respectful that way.

Volhooker, Why are you hating on Gudger so bad? This guy goes out there and VOLUNTEER'S his time without getting paid a single dime and you are wanting to run him off. This is the problem with this program, its people like you that want back the coaching staff. These players hear this and then they feel like the people aren't behind them either. This makes them believe that they are just average. Why don't you start supporting these coaches instead of criticizing them?

I don't hate Gudger at all. I applaud his efforts for volunteering...BUT, when I watch every game and it seems that he brings more confusion to the sidelines than anything else, I just said that it was my opinion that the new coach might want to distance Gudger from the kids or at least allow him only minimal contact in the "teaching" aspect of the game until he can be taken under wing and learn enough to be an effective coach.

I have always been behind the players...if you have read ANY of my posts this year...that would be obvious to you. I have been saying all year that these kids were very special and no where near average. I think, if the coaching had been there this year, these guys would have only lost two regular season games...maybe just one.

But, instead of knowing what kind of posts I have made in the past, you get on here and slam me for making some general comments about an assistant????? Back off Bub!

Very well put King Leon quit hating on Gudger-or why dont you donate some of ur time volhooker-or could it be that u have no children playing next year HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM makes people wonder who u really are dont u say Volhooker /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey RealDeal...you don't have a clue about what you are talking about...so stop. I didn't have any children playing this year or last year or the year before that either for that matter. I am a fan and an observant one at that. There have been numerous posters on this board with much more character than you agree with my posts throughout the year on the status of the football program. So pardon me if I don't give a flying fart in space about your comments...OK?

There seems to be ALOT of built up hostility in here between Mr. Hooker and Mr. Gudger. I don't know why it is but obviously these two don't like each other very much. I think I have a solution to the problem. Since football season is over. We could set up an exhibition wrestling match between these two guys. We could even set it up at the Marion County fair next September. The loser of the match would have to bow down to the winner in front of the grandstands at the fair. Bill49, could you serve as the special referee? I think it would be a good event. Heck, charge a dollar for admission and let those proceeds go to help supplement the new Marion County Living Legend's coaching salary. As for the coaching search. Has Coach Armstrong from Dunlap applied? He is a young and enthusiastic coach. I kind of thought Mr. Barger might also apply for the position. Goodluck on the remainder of the search.

Does anyone around here listen at all??????????????I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GUDGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have tried to tell this numerous times...but to no avail. I just think he adds some confusion to the sidelines. I noticed that several times this year. I think he needs time in a much smaller role learning under a head coach to become a good coach himself.

Yeah I agree, Armstrong does have potential to be a good coach. Joe Dan would absolutely mangle VollHooker. It wouldn't be fit for kids, and some adults to watch at the fair./smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I do realize that someone will be sore about the decision. I mean somebody would be upset if we got Saben, or Fulmer. Bottom line, in order for people around here to be happy, the solution is simple. WIN I don't think Gary Rankin would leave the situation he's got. Would You?? Marion just needs a coach who is dedicated to the program, and intends on being here for the long haul.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You don't know me very well, do you dhp???

Does anyone around here listen at all??????????????I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GUDGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have tried to tell this numerous times...but to no avail. I just think he adds some confusion to the sidelines. I noticed that several times this year. I think he needs time in a much smaller role learning under a head coach to become a good coach himself. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You don't know me very well, do you dhp???

No, but I know Gudger. If you realyy love MCHS you should back Gudger.

No, but I know Gudger. If you realyy love MCHS you should back Gudger.

Like I said before...I just think he needs more time under the wing of a good head coach before he is let loose with the kids!!! That is what I have said before. It looks like he will just be allowed to continue doing the things he has so far and I just think he need more time. I think he can be a good coach with some good guidance.

Would you let someone do a job if they had not properly been trained? That's all I'm saying.

He needs some more time in a limited role under a good head coach before he is turned loose. Nothing against him.

I think once he has the proper "training" by a good head coach, he would be a great coach to have on the sideline...but I haven't seen that he has been an understudy to a great head coach and so some of his decisions during the coarse of the season brought confusion. That's all I'm saying!

I'm going to make a comment here about this non fued between DHP and Volhooker. I know each poster, not well, but enough to know that both are dedicated Marion County Warrior supporters. There is going to be a new football coach appointed soon and I'm sure both posters, as well as the majority of MC fans and supporters, will back him (or her!!!) completely. Guys, I hope you both can just agree to disagree on whether Joe Dan is part of our future solution/past problem and let the thing die. Right now he's part of the coaching team. I hope he can take Volhookers comments as nothing more than constructive criticsm and not a personal attack. The last two pages of this thread only serve to further convince others in the county that things are in a turmoil at MCHS. You both know thats not the case. Living Legend, even in a joking way, your comments about wrestling matches are not helping anything. I have to agree with a moderator on another thread, your comments are getting a little repetitive and tiresome. The last thing the MC program needs right now is two supporters tusseling with one another, especially when one is the irresistable force and the other the unmovable object. The MC football program has a lot of work to do before spring practice gets here; lets work together and get the job done.