Knoxville Halls offseason discussion

fairplay2121

I think Qualls worked with the defensive backs.

I think we will have a good team and will stack up well in our region. West loses nearly everyone. Maryville loses a lot. I think Central will have to regroup and if we don't beat them this year at home we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Heres my next years playoff prediction. I think we will finish 2nd but no worse than fourth.

Maryville

Halls

Powell

Clinton or South Doyle

West and Central fall hard. Lenoir City still a couple of years away.

The team that actually scares me the most is Powell. They have come along way very fast and gave Red Bank a shock. I expect Clinton to give us a tough game just like this year. They have everyone coming back and a explosive offense.

I dont see how you think West will falll hard. There upcoming Juniors are loaded most of them saw pretty good Varsity time. They only lost one game there freshman year. West will be more run orriented I think but id say they compete to win the region

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they lost their best running back, two great wr, their qb, and that good lb that is going to navy or somewhere. how do you figure they won't drop off hard? if they have people that can replace all those guys waiting in line they would have been a lot better than 6-4 or whatever they were in the regular season. anyways it a halls thread, start a thread about west we can talk abou it there.

Not enough people care about West to start its own thread ha. They wont be as good as last year but they will be just as good or better than Halls. The Senior class is weak but these juniors are special they have playmakers, speed, and size.

I agree with you rebel. West probably won't be as explosive and athletic as this year but shouldn't fall off too bad. I see them fighting for the playoffs with the rest of us in 3 AAAA not playing home games in blount co.

To answer LSMFT,

Some kids do work out in the morning and it is still crowded and there are still some wait times on some benches and lift areas.

Also. my understanding is that there is a three week layoff of organized lifting after the season.

Now...this is about as far off as it gets, but - a little shaping I see

1. Maryville - Will lose for the first time in about 65 games next year. Don't know who to yet, but I do see a fall. Thomas Shuler will be their main man

2. Halls - Playmakers Tyler Turner, Brandon Johnson, and Kevin Waggoner have another solid year

3. Clinton - Nope! Not a typing error. Darien Stone and Hazelhurst are real deal!

4. Powell - Kier Houston and the rest of his Panthers should slide in to make playoffs as the last seed for 2 yrs in a row

5. Central - Jamie Wilson & company. Good year

6. West - Will lose several contributors, but find a few good young ones

7. South Doyle - Good running game should get them an improved year

8. Lenoir City - Stuff happens!

fairplay,

Thanks for the low down. If their is truely a 3 week layoff for lifting, we wont be able to start until after Christmas break will we? We would only have a week where we could lift before school is out. Can they do any lifting during the break or is that a violation too?

Anyone know the status of the new weight room? I heard that they would break ground as soon as the season was over.

The design had to be revised to reflect our smaller budget.

The revised documents should be ready this week for sumittal for the December School Board meeting.

If we get school board approval & final plans review approval from Knox Co., we should be able to break ground by mid December at best.

• 2 weeks later...

Now...this is about as far off as it gets, but - a little shaping I see

1. Maryville - Will lose for the first time in about 65 games next year. Don't know who to yet, but I do see a fall. Thomas Shuler will be their main man

Shuler will be a main part along with RB Buddy Jones. Also return 4 starters in the O-Line, plus some big sophomores may make a move by next year. Chris Jordan will be a threat on the outside. Hopefully Mason Trenda will return at WR and DB. I hear we have a nice transfer WR/DB also in the fold. Big battle at QB between Young, Chamberlain, Juhlin and maybe Winders if he doesn't play DB/WR.

On D the Rebs will be good with Justin Smith, Brad Heath, and Josh Sullivan upfront and other big kids in the sophomore class. All the starting LBers return (Booker, McCoy, and Cox). Martin and Brazan have played a lot at corner and started a few games due to injury.

Both punter Young and place kicker Sharp return.

Shuler will be a main part along with RB Buddy Jones. Also return 4 starters in the O-Line, plus some big sophomores may make a move by next year. Chris Jordan will be a threat on the outside. Hopefully Mason Trenda will return at WR and DB. I hear we have a nice transfer WR/DB also in the fold. Big battle at QB between Young, Chamberlain, Juhlin and maybe Winders if he doesn't play DB/WR.

On D the Rebs will be good with Justin Smith, Brad Heath, and Josh Sullivan upfront and other big kids in the sophomore class. All the starting LBers return (Booker, McCoy, and Cox). Martin and Brazan have played a lot at corner and started a few games due to injury.

Both punter Young and place kicker Sharp return.

Sounds like they're reloading. I'm sure Burnette will be tough to replace or at least that is some really big shoes to fill next year.

As for Halls, any idea on the OL next year? Who's going to replace 3 year starter Blair and 2 year starter Plunk? What about Linebackers? Any rising sophs. that can help?

Surely, Stars, you've secured more than just one "transfer" by now!

Rodriguez is a senior, I suppose, since you didn't mention him. He's turned out to be a really nice player. He had some fine runs and catches against Red Bank.

I never did answer that query on a sign at the MHS - Halls game. It said "Don't you wish your quarterback was Brent Burnette." I bet you put that up, didn't you Stars, just to goad us. Congrats to Brent, BTW, on the 4A Back of the Year Award.

Make sure and bring that gold ball back to East Tennessee, Stars. If'n you don't, I'll be disappointed in your recruitin' efforts. There might even be a movement in Maryvilleland to replace you, a la Phil Fulmer.