Riverdale Offseason Thread

CantStopTheChop

I feel coach A is a good coach and will continue to work hard to keep this program at the highest level possible. I feel thats why Mr. Nolan hired coach A. With that said I have to agree with some of the concerns that are being posted on this thread. Coach A will have to learn to pass more, clean up the goofing off, schedule more j.v. games work with the middle schools. I also know the traditions in the weight room will keep on trucking along with conditioning and the hard work ethic that is Riverdale Football. Alot of people have been saying for years that the warriors are done but we keep winning the region. LOD is right about the area growing and more people moving in the area you know will get more boys and there will be some tallent there! We still have some tellent also that will come out after another off season of hard work! If we all look at the last 17 regular seasons if I recall right 8-2 is our worst record in 2003! We all have been very spoiled at RHS. We have made the playoffs 17 years in a row thats amazing in itself! Alot of great things have happened at RHS the last 17 years and one more thing I will add is we have the most consistant program around, what an amazing ride it has been! I'm very confident that Coach A and staff will work on the issues at hand to get the gold ball back to RHS! The players will continue to work hard and at some point will be back playing for another gold ball. Players stay hungry, bust your butts and keep your heads up because RHS Football is here to stay! GO WARRIORS!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOD its all nice to have the extra players to play in JV games but that where are the JV games??? they played 2 this year so where is the experience to happen?? not in practice bc they are standing around!!! not in a JV game bc there were not enough to get the playing time needed.. I do like seeing all of the players on the field sure it looks intimidating but only if they are all there for the TEAM & to be part of the TEAM!!

Yes Travis did try to step it up & he did try to take on a leadership role but there was also alot of goofy off & the week b4 the WC game it was not intence practice it was relaxed & goofy around w/ some of the starters leading the pack.. Its fine to have a down time & some cut up time but dang guys this was the playoffs some one needed to step up & remind them of that & take it a little more seriously.. WC definately came more prepared & more focused. Hopefully the 08 class has learned from these last 2 playoff years & has the desire & the leadership to take it all the way. Main concern is the fact that they are players that have not had much play time so they will have to prove they really want it by stepping it up & pushing themselves more than they thought possible to get the the playoffs.

LOD its all nice to have the extra players to play in JV games but that where are the JV games??? they played 2 this year so where is the experience to happen?? not in practice bc they are standing around!!! not in a JV game bc there were not enough to get the playing time needed.. I do like seeing all of the players on the field sure it looks intimidating but only if they are all there for the TEAM & to be part of the TEAM!!

Yes Travis did try to step it up & he did try to take on a leadership role but there was also alot of goofy off & the week b4 the WC game it was not intence practice it was relaxed & goofy around w/ some of the starters leading the pack.. Its fine to have a down time & some cut up time but dang guys this was the playoffs some one needed to step up & remind them of that & take it a little more seriously.. WC definately came more prepared & more focused. Hopefully the 08 class has learned from these last 2 playoff years & has the desire & the leadership to take it all the way. Main concern is the fact that they are players that have not had much play time so they will have to prove they really want it by stepping it up & pushing themselves more than they thought possible to get the the playoffs.

sound like to me the coaches did not have control of the team...i have never heard this about a warrior team even before rankin...coach fisher wasnt a BIG disiplinarian but come play off time we knew it was serious time...i will agree that players need to be leader and you have to have them but what you are telling us is there was no leader ship from coaches because if all that was going on it only takes a few WARRIOR drills to straighten that out (if they still do warrior drills)...some of the things that has come up in this thread has really gotten me concerned...I did not think coach A was the problem i thought the offense was BUT if some of the things on here is true then we have bigger problems than an offense. I am sure if it is a lack of disipline or control on coach A and his staff then Mr Nolan would take care of it so we shall see if he stays then i will believe that some of these things are blwon out of proportion

Its beginning to sound like it IS time to bring back 'running the snake'!

A couple of those and folks will be too tired to 'goof off'.

I have NO idea why we only had two JV games, but that if definately NOT ENOUGH!

There are still a couple of coaches there that know what the snake means if Coach A does not know. I know Mr Nolan does if they have forgotten.

Between the enlarged dead time from the TSSAA and Mr Gill calling practices off there was MUCH to MUCH down time this year. If nothing else get into the gym and work if it is too hot outside.

Improvise, overcome, and WIN it all!

The young ladies at R'dale can help if they have the school spirit to do it. All they have to do is say NO DATES until the team wins State again. Yes, this is extreme, but if it will convince the team to win it is worth it!

This probably makes the team mad. If so, then GOOD! Y'all need to be mad after not making it to State this year.

You are the ones that have to ask yourselves why and honestly answer yourselves with NO whining excuses why folks are not happy. You want to be happy? Then bring the Gold Ball HOME where it belongs! You have a year to get ready to prove yourselves to both yourselves and the fans.

i would LOVE to see the stands packed like this again, but of course this was a 4th round semi final game (2004 Oak Ridge). far right section of home stands (where i usually sit) has about 60 people max at any given time

Great pictures! Warrior underclassmen keep working hard in the off season and stay /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> GO WARRIORS!

Well finally some good news from me....the intensity has been stepped up!! the coaches are really pushing the ones they feel will be looked at for the 08 team.. Now those guys might not like it that much bc it is such a change as too what they are used to but I think it is a welcome note for those that support the WARRIORS!! To those that are being pushed look at it this way...if they were not interested in you or saw any potential they wld not care as to your progression.. Best of Luck WARRIORS!!! Lets go RIVERDALE!! Prove it can be done AGAIN!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well finally some good news from me....the intensity has been stepped up!! the coaches are really pushing the ones they feel will be looked at for the 08 team.. Now those guys might not like it that much bc it is such a change as too what they are used to but I think it is a welcome note for those that support the WARRIORS!! To those that are being pushed look at it this way...if they were not interested in you or saw any potential they wld not care as to your progression.. Best of Luck WARRIORS!!! Lets go RIVERDALE!! Prove it can be done AGAIN!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is GOOD news. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now it is time for the ones that are not being looked at to take it on themselves to push themselves even harder so they will also be looked at! Hit those weights! Need something to do in your 'off' time? Then RUN! Try it with some weights in a back pack while you run.

Here is a goal for you to shoot for. When the 'clone' left football there he was regularly doing a mile with 65 pounds of weights in his back pack! This was done when he got home AFTER practice. I know because I was riding the bike with him as he did it.

Parents of players have responsibilities also in that they have to encourage the kids and support them by going that extra mile and doing what they need to do to make sure the kids can work and train for the goal we all want to see.

ANOTHER GOLD BALL!

I think the coaches should push the ones they are not looking at to contribute next year...they will do 1 of 2 things...get better or quit so each individual who is on that team should be pushed equally that is how you get rid of the ones that just want to look good wearing the RIVERDALE football equipment so when they decied to work then they can sctually turn into to a good football player coaches ned to push EVERY PLAYER I ALSO agree with lod parent should encourage their kids to do extra my son plays baseball and he does extra evey night rather it be at home or at the facility he knows if he wants to get on the feild at RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL HE BETTER WORK or hes going ot be on the bench(he hates sitting on the bench it killed him being on the bench last year when he got moved to varsity as a freshman i love his competitive spirit)..back to football instead of being a proud dad lol///for those that dont want to work and go the extra mile if they dont do it they are gone you will still have the numbers rankin used to do it all the time kids will do what they can get away with if you let them get away with doing nothing they will do nothing if you expect them to work and make them work they will work

thats a good thing but our coaches need to be smart about it , not have the young men do full body workouts every day you need to alternate upper and power so there muscles will develope . if not they are to going tear the muscles down

thats a good thing but our coaches need to be smart about it , not have the young men do full body workouts every day you need to alternate upper and power so there muscles will develope . if not they are to going tear the muscles down

good post...they probably don't know this... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />