Nashville area recruits

Indian

After the Wake game, VU fans are now even more upset with the coaching.

Watching the 2 teams come out, there was no physical athletic difference in the 2 squads.

They seemed to be about the same talent wise.

Coaching is a different story. Look how the game turned out between 2 teams with similar talent.

Take a look at the scout or rivals VU boards and see what the fans have to say about the coaching.

(especially re: offense and special teams)

you are so right nrgrizzlies...the talent is nearly identical...i was with the wake forest team friday night and talked to coach grobe (spelling?) and several of their coaches...it is amazing how wake is winning with the talent they have...the coaches even told me that other teams ask...how do you do it? several reasons that came up in the conversation...they redshirt nearly every freshman...99%...and have for 6 years...so most of their starters are 22 and 23 years old...4th and 5th year guys...men...who will battle you every play. second...their offensive scheme is difficult to stop. and obviously their guys are smart and are so committed to that coaching staff and to the program. it really was a great family atmosphere...they are winning at a place that historically has not...and vandy could do the same...very similiar schools...even the colors /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since this has turned into a vu problems thread here goes

vanderbilt has the worse athletic facilities of any sec team by far and probably any big time conference. I mean they are pathetic and have been for years. vu cashes sec checks every year and make no investment in football.Vu players deserve better.

it is hard enough for them to compete with their history and lack of support ( about 25,000 vu fans per game and that may be generous sinced sec visitors fans inflate those numbers) now you add in bringing in a top recruit that is visiting other schools and he see the facilities compared to auburn,florida,ut,georgia etc and quite frankly it is amazing they get any players that could go to those schools.

gordon gee set the football program years with his decisions and de emphasizing football and focusing on other sports.

funny how at ohio state he now sings a whole different song.

DOes anybody really think David Williams the head of intramural activities has anywhere near enough power that an athletic director would have to get those facilities updated?? the answer in not a chance.

bobby johnson is a good coach but he is coaching with one hand behind his back compared to other schools in the sec.

the powes that be at vu are happy with the status quo vu is not getting blown out they win a couple sec games each year and now with out of conference games will have 5 wins each year.

heres what big time recruits see:

bad facilities

no national tv exposure

no chance to compete for sec title or bsc bowl

no fan support (show up late leave early)

no admin support

I applaud every player that goes to vu and coach johnson I think he does things right.

quote:

gordon gee set the football program years with his decisions and de emphasizing football and focusing on other sports.

................................................................................

Wrong. EGG never "de emphasized" football at all. He was all in favor of improving the climate for football.

You do hear things about the plans to renovate the stadium being held back until a certain point in time (but nothing specific, which doesn't sit well with most VU fans)...it could have something to do with the amount of $$$$$$ involved to get it done.

Memorial had its fix-up completed several years ago. Hawkins is now a great place to go watch (very high quality) college baseball. They need to stop putting off the football stadium renovation and get it done. Even showing the plans and setting a time-table for completion would be immediate progress and help the national recruiting effort.

A big "thumbs down" to the media for not pressing them on the stadium renovation issue.

gee made it very clear about improving other sports and gave lip service to football. those plans have been on the board since I was 12.

vu takes sec football money and spreads it to all the other sports and that was gee's plan. He believed vu would never compete in football but could in other sports.

if gees's decisons to completely change the athletic dept were so great as related to football please name me one sec school that has followed his lead? I will go even go further name me one major school that has followed?

and if those "revolutionary" ideas were such a milestone as he put it why has he not even mentioned it at ohio state?

if you dont think gees decisions hurt vu football you are not paying attention.

all other sec football schools have an ad and staff that do nothing but try to improve their programs and facilities while vu has the director of intramural activities.

gee made it very clear about improving other sports and gave lip service to football. those plans have been on the board since I was 12.

vu takes sec football money and spreads it to all the other sports and that was gee's plan. He believed vu would never compete in football but could in other sports.

if gees's decisons to completely change the athletic dept were so great as related to football please name me one sec school that has followed his lead? I will go even go further name me one major school that has followed?

and if those "revolutionary" ideas were such a milestone as he put it why has he not even mentioned it at ohio state?

if you dont think gees decisions hurt vu football you are not paying attention.

all other sec football schools have an ad and staff that do nothing but try to improve their programs and facilities while vu has the director of intramural activities.

Vanderbilt football has always been a distant number two behind The University of Tennessee in Nashville. There are at least 10 UT fans/supporters to every 1 Vandy fan/supporter.

Over the last few years, Vandy football has fallen even further down the priority list of Middle Tennessee area football fans. With the Titans coming to town and MTSU's move to D1-A, that has cut even deeper in to those fans who might consider actually buying a ticket to a Vandy game. Fans only have X amount of dollars to spend for spectator sports opportunities and Vandy isn't the first option that comes to most folk's minds.

This past season was about as good as it is going to get on Dudley Field for Vandy.