Div. II Preview

mfalc04

Who is the team to beat in Div. II this year?

I think the early season favorites for the entire state are Briarcrest and St. George, both out of Memphis. St. George has seniors that have committed to Duke & Missouri. Briarcrest has one of the top juniors in the country (Leslie McDonald).

Who is the favorite Div. II school in middle TN?

You have to think it's going to come down to Brentwood Academy and Ensworth again. BA graduated 4 starters, two of which are playing at Lipscomb Univ. now, but they bring back some good talent and will still have a big front court. Ensworth brings back everyone from last year, BUT their best player (T. Jefferson) will miss the entire season. That is a huge blow.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after seeing Ensworth play at Rossview on Tuesday, I've got to say they will be one of the favorites this season. Although they will be without Jefferson, they still beat a very talented Rossview team in overtime. The guy who has stepped in for Jefferson (I know the first name is Miles, can't recall the last name) will be the real deal by the team the season is over. He's one of the quickest guards in the state, and his defense is incredible. Again, I've only seen them once this season, but they look like a favorite.

The win against Rossview was telling of Ensworth for two reasons. 1) they can win without jefferson and 2) they won without shooting the ball well. Ensworth has used jefferson and 3 pointers to win big games in previous years. This may be a team that will win with a team effort. They are now 3-0 with wins over centennial, rossview and independence.

p.s. the "other guard" is Miles Atta-Asafo-Adjei. pronunciation is like "a-sof-o, a-jay"

The win against Rossview was telling of Ensworth for two reasons. 1) they can win without jefferson and 2) they won without shooting the ball well. Ensworth has used jefferson and 3 pointers to win big games in previous years. This may be a team that will win with a team effort. They are now 3-0 with wins over centennial, rossview and independence.

p.s. the "other guard" is Miles Atta-Asafo-Adjei. pronunciation is like "a-sof-o, a-jay"

What has happened to Jefferson?? Blown knee??

The Div II teams from the west...St George's and Briarcrest are the favorites for state...but I agree that itll come down to BA and Ensworth from the middle region.

BA has a lot of unproven talent and Jacob Stallings is one of the best shooters in the state. Rob Murphy is a strong 6'6 post that is getting looks from smaller D1 schools. They have some really good young players.

I believe that they can beat EHS for the Middle region but theyre both pretty good.