Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first of all all of the kids that are playing for DCA this year have been there from 1st grade on. So if you are saying that DCA pays for their athletes to go to school you have lost your mind. And if you feel that private schools should be in 11a where should open zoned schools be playing?

They should both be playing together in their own league!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Heart. They have over achieved all year if you ask me and its because their Seniors have miles and miles of heart. They play for 48 minutes each and every week. They may not be the fastest or the strongest but they play excellent technique. They play together as one and with more heart than any other team they have played this year. GO DCA!

Gosh, this sounds an awful lot like some of the posts we saw last year, except GP didn't think they had over-achieved.

Heart's good to have, but it doesn't win ballgames.

AND, What makes you think that the Alcoa team doesn't play with heart and play as one??? They've had to hear everybody talk all year about the "down year" and that "if you're going to beat us, this is the year to do it." Wanna see heart? Just look to our seniors.

"We will make a team...Better, stronger, faster than anyone else...We will call this team:

ALCOA TORNADOES!"

Have a safe drive to Alcoa, DCA fans!

I've never seen Alcoa play and only tonight got to see DCA. If Alcoa can penetrate the O line and contain #21 DCA won't have a chance. DCA's O line tonight gave #14 (small in stature but can throw the ball well) all the time he needed to pass, except for a couple of plays when York sacked him.

I'd say Alcoa BIG in this one;

Alcoa 63

DCA 14

shut up and go home asby we just killed you go wildcats

not today for sure.. but friday maybe there will be a little shock in Alcoa town, but I am glad you got your kicker back, at least he will get to play in 1 game /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't get it. What are you all going to do hurt him so he can't play at state?

What you're not understanding is our kicker just may be the key to the game. Field position will play a huge part in this game and 85% of his kicks are in the endzone! He has a heck of a foot!

It will be very ahrd to drive on Alcoa if you are starting on the 20, plus it is hard to make game breaking returns if you can't return it. Brodus is a great kicker, especially when considering it is his first year. Not to insult any player but I really hope we never have to see that other guy kick, the one from last week. Unless he gets more practice. It was obvious that kicking is not his thing, I am sure he is better elsewhere.

It will be very ahrd to drive on Alcoa if you are starting on the 20, plus it is hard to make game breaking returns if you can't return it. Brodus is a great kicker, especially when considering it is his first year. Not to insult any player but I really hope we never have to see that other guy kick, the one from last week. Unless he gets more practice. It was obvious that kicking is not his thing, I am sure he is better elsewhere.

Brodus isn't afraid to do some tackling if he needs to, either!

As far as the backup kicker, he kind of reminded me of Guzzo in his first year. He'd probably do okay if he got some instruction!

Thompson did a decent job with the kicking, but he's no Brodus!!! People around me were questioning why Thompson didn't go ahead and kick the extra points, too! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

not today for sure.. but friday maybe there will be a little shock in Alcoa town, but I am glad you got your kicker back, at least he will get to play in 1 game /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What you're not understanding is our kicker just may be the key to the game. Field position will play a huge part in this game and 85% of his kicks are in the endzone! He has a heck of a foot!

Not sure who you are but I was questioning why Thompson was not kicking as well. Maybe it was to avoid a possible injury??? I can't explain it, but it was GP, if the game were on the line I bet Sam would kick it. Never realize how much you miss a kicker till they are gone.

I'm tellin' ya! I'm with VettaSue: It seemed like something was missing without the kicking game. Glad he'll be back!

Brodus isn't afraid to do some tackling if he needs to, either!

As far as the backup kicker, he kind of reminded me of Guzzo in his first year. He'd probably do okay if he got some instruction!

Thompson did a decent job with the kicking, but he's no Brodus!!! People around me were questioning why Thompson didn't go ahead and kick the extra points, too! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Not sure who you are but I was questioning why Thompson was not kicking as well. Maybe it was to avoid a possible injury??? I can't explain it, but it was GP, if the game were on the line I bet Sam would kick it. Never realize how much you miss a kicker till they are gone.