Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

Quit whining, it's unbecoming. You got "destroyed" last night just like DCA destroyed the Dragons a week prior. I admitted DCA had the better team that night and was "fortunate" enough to play the Tornadoes. Would York have beaten Alcoa this year? Probably not but I guess we'll never know.

I have no idea where you get that I'm a "bandwagon traitor"?!!? I FULLY support the York Dragons and ONLY the York Dragons. Is that clear enough or do I need to spell it out for you?

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Asby69 understand this. I can take it fine and dish it out much better because I have a footing to stand on. Your school's team is not a football program. It's a door mat and has been since your school has been around. It's an old school and it has taken you this long just to get to the quarter finals. That is not a tradition but a "johnny come lately" and until you have a gold ball or even a silver ball in your case shut your mouth. You got lucky one year, had a bit of success and now feel like you can hang with teams that have tradition, such as Alcoa, DCA, and Goodpasture. See bud these are schools that have been to the dance a time or two and have won it and lost it. Your school is a flash in the pan, a one hit wonder that will be back to being a door mat for your region and SC year after year.

Quit talking and be happy you got out of the cellar for one year and pray you don't fall back in it next year. DCA will still be winning and gettting to the playoffs each and every year in a much tougher region than yours my friend. How do I know, DCA has only been in 2a what 3 years and all ready won their region, gone to the semis, and check how many years they have been in the playoffs, 20 straight and counting, 3 states and 2 runner ups. What do you guys have and second round play off lost and a purple and yellow dragon. Put the dragon in your trophy case for a while because that was your mvp the night we were there.

Alcoa was better and would be better probably no matter how many times we play them. But guess what? If we played your dragons 10 times, 10 times we would be coming back down off your mountain or bump with a win and all you would have left is a story and a, "next time/year we will do it dragons". Or an excuse. See we are not making an excuse. DCA didn't play DCA football against Alcoa but it would not have mattered I don't think. They are the best team in 2a and deserve another ring but I still blead blue, yellow and white. I think you have a bit of purple and yellow mixed in with some tornadoe crimson and silver with just a dash of white. Lead that bandwagon man I am sure your team loves you for that! I will say it again, "bandwagon traitor ASBY69"!

York, a football tradition since August, 2007 (a door mat the rest of the time!)

DCA, a football tradition since August, 1988 (always competitive year after year!)

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sykes, Shiverdecker, Lankster, Lindsay to name a few.....didn't qualify for NCAA Division 1 football. Try your academic card at the next spelling bee. They can spell fast and win. Man are they smart or what?

YOu are cmopletely pathetic

Who is the team you root for on friday nights?

i guarantee its a team with a losing record , so you have to come pick on us when were becoming sucessful , whe other teams around us have a good year we are happy for them , we dont try to make up excuses for why they are good , so just shut your mouth please , and also congrats to DCA and William B for great seasons , and as for the Rebs , good luck in the boro , we will be there cherring you gusy on too

That doesn't mean he played. Several of those I know by first hand knowledge redshirted. But they are still listed on the roster but never dressed. Is Shiverdecker in school?

BTW genius thanks for the link. Check my screen name. Don't you think I might already know? I believe Joey Scripner-Howard and 1 other player were the only 2 freshman that didn't redshirt.

YOu are cmopletely pathetic

Who is the team you root for on friday nights?

i guarantee its a team with a losing record , so you have to come pick on us when were becoming sucessful , whe other teams around us have a good year we are happy for them , we dont try to make up excuses for why they are good , so just shut your mouth please , and also congrats to DCA and William B for great seasons , and as for the Rebs , good luck in the boro , we will be there cherring you gusy on too

Actually, you can look under his avatar to see that he is from Smith County. You guys should be familiar as you rolled through last year on your way to the title game. Smith Co. hasn't had a losing season since '95, so your guarantee is a bit off.

I have nothing against Alcoa. In fact I hope they bring the Gold home next week as your coach is from around here. I believe I can understand why so many people are bitter or jealous as you guys seem to think.

Every year our players suit up just like yours do, and play football. Our coaches are some of the best (at least in my opinion), our players have heart, and all of them work hard. We have an excellent school, great facilities, and tremendous support from the community. All of the things you guys claim to make the difference between your team and all the rest. We don't have one thing, though, and that is the same level of talent. There could be many reasons for this, and all of them could be totally legitimate. I believe most of them are.

Each year for the past few, Alcoa has fielded more "D1" caliber athletes than most schools have had in their entire history. This, from one of the smallest schools in 2A, is why people question and assume. Your ability to have tuition students only fuels the fire, even if it has nothing to do with it. (I am not fully aware of how that works though I know it is used against you often.)

What it all comes down to is this. Alcoa brings home a Gold ball every year it seems, at least recently. As long as they keep their program at the level it is now, it's very likely that my school will never even have a chance to play for a title. That is what makes it hard, and why people "hate" on you so much. They believe their team works just as hard, has just as much support, coaching, and heart as yours. Yet they will probably always come up short. This is why people think you guys have advantages, whether they are right or not. I hope you guys enjoy bringing home your fourth in a row next week (hopefully /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ). I know there are tons of us who would love if their school had the chance at doing it just once.

Sorry for going so far off topic, I just though I would give some insight into the views of an outsider. As for the DCA game, it sounds like your defense stepped it up a notch this week. Hopefully they can carry that momentum into the championship. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

That's because every single "REAL" public school fan knows that your success is artificial. It is not an even playing field. Simple as that.

Here is your answer to alcoas recruiting. the breakdown of the alcoa players you saw contribute and where they went to middle school

1- Warren- FR- Alcoa middle school

2- Tyson-FR- Alcoa middle school

3- thompson-JR- AMS

7-Cobb-SR- AMS

8-James-JR- AMS

9-Toney-JR- AMS

10-Robinson-Soph-AMS

15-Toney-Soph-AMS

17-Robinson-soph-AMS

19-Dando- Transfer from heritage- Season stats 3 catches

21Hodge-sr- AMS

23-Cline-jr-AMS

28-Herbert-jr-AMS

30-Broadus-soph- Dad is in the army and family moved to the area

33-Williams-jr-AMS

52-Hickman-jr- Family is from knoxville, now has a house in alcoa. came to ahs as a frosh, possible in middle school

54-mile-jr-AMS

55-coulter-AMS

85-Kincannon-sr- Came from maryville as a soph

86-Dossett-SR-AMS

89-Robinson-soph-AMS

90-Womack-jr-AMS

Those are the main guys on alcoas football team. If you go down the rest of the roster the rest of it pretty much looks the same. So buying a championship, I dont think so

Here is your answer to alcoas recruiting. the breakdown of the alcoa players you saw contribute and where they went to middle school

1- Warren- FR- Alcoa middle school

2- Tyson-FR- Alcoa middle school

3- thompson-JR- AMS

7-Cobb-SR- AMS

8-James-JR- AMS

9-Toney-JR- AMS

10-Robinson-Soph-AMS

15-Toney-Soph-AMS

17-Robinson-soph-AMS

19-Dando- Transfer from heritage- Season stats 3 catches

21Hodge-sr- AMS

23-Cline-jr-AMS

28-Herbert-jr-AMS

30-Broadus-soph- Dad is in the army and family moved to the area

33-Williams-jr-AMS

52-Hickman-jr- Family is from knoxville, now has a house in alcoa. came to ahs as a frosh, possible in middle school

54-mile-jr-AMS

55-coulter-AMS

85-Kincannon-sr- Came from maryville as a soph

86-Dossett-SR-AMS

89-Robinson-soph-AMS

90-Womack-jr-AMS

Those are the main guys on alcoas football team. If you go down the rest of the roster the rest of it pretty much looks the same. So buying a championship, I dont think so

The haters will still find some way to try to bring our program down. by the way, does DCA not recruit?? I don't know that's why I'm asking.

The haters will still find some way to try to bring our program down. by the way, does DCA not recruit?? I don't know that's why I'm asking.

DCA is a K-12 school... most of the players have been going to the school since they were about 6 years old (as a matter of fact, every one of their key players have now that I think about it). The difference between Alcoa and other schools (such as DCA) is that Alcoa has bred football players. Their players are literally FOOTBALL PLAYERS. It's what they do, it's what they were born to do, it's what they're known for. Other schools have some athletes who decide to play football. One of the kids the other day was telling me that if the coaching staff of DCA was a little better, they would have about 5 or 6 more of these athletes playing on the team but they just don't like the coaches. That could have made our team that much better. At Alcoa, how could you not like a coach who leads a team to a state championship year after year after year?

If Alcoa is recruiting...they're doin a darn good job at it and they deserve to win the golden ball

I DONT THINK PREPERATION HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS WEEK COACH30. NOW I WILL ADMIT TO THE FACT THAT DCA DIDNT PLAY DCA FOOTBALL BUT THE KIDS WERE NOT UNPREPARED. AND I WOULD HAVE LIKE TO HAVE SEEN US GO FOR A COUPLE OF THOSE 4TH AND ONES BUT THE PUNTING WAS NOT THE ISSUE I AM PRETTY SURE THEY WERE TRYING TO KEEP IF AWAY FROM THE RETURN GUY #7 (WOULDN'T YOU). AND THE SEVEN YARD PUNT FROM DCA'S PUNTER WHO IS ALSO THEIR QB CAME RIGHT AFTER HE HAD BEEN DRILLED 3 TIMES IN A ROW ON TRYING TO COMPLETE PASSES WITH MILI-SECOND TIME BACK THERE SO I DON'T THINK THE PUNTING WAS THE PROB. AND THE TURNOVERS WELL ONE THING WE FOUND IS THEY COULD MAN US LIKE NO ONE ELSE COULD THIS YEAR AND ONE BALL COULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT THAT WAS PICKED AND THE OTHER WAS HOW YOU SHOULD COVER THAT ROUTE. THAT IS CALLED GETTING BEAT COACH 30 DCA WAS NOT UNPREPARED SOMETIMES EVEN WHEN YOU ARE PREPARED YOU GET BEAT BUT A COACH WOULD KNOW THAT. I AM CURIOUS WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY. BECAUSE EVERYTHING THAT WAS TRIED DIDN'T WORK.

Alcoa hasn't shut anyone out all year. They shut out DCA which was supposed to be the 2nd best team they played all year. You don't think that's unprepared?

first of all, quit writing in all-caps. It's a coach-t rule if you would read the rules. What would I have done differently? First quarter: worden (#21) was averaging about 5 yards a carry, yet drive after drive on 1st down would be a worden run for 4, 5, or 6 yards. 2nd down was always a pass, which only about 5 were completed all night so let's say 3rd and 5. What do you know, another pass play that results in a sack or maybe a 4 yard run to make it 4th and 1. WE'RE DOWN BY 24...and we punt

I do not think DCA would have won this game even if these things were done, but maybe we would have put some points on the board.

Asby69 understand this. I can take it fine and dish it out much better because I have a footing to stand on. Your school's team is not a football program. It's a door mat and has been since your school has been around. It's an old school and it has taken you this long just to get to the quarter finals. That is not a tradition but a "johnny come lately" and until you have a gold ball or even a silver ball in your case shut your mouth. You got lucky one year, had a bit of success and now feel like you can hang with teams that have tradition, such as Alcoa, DCA, and Goodpasture. See bud these are schools that have been to the dance a time or two and have won it and lost it. Your school is a flash in the pan, a one hit wonder that will be back to being a door mat for your region and SC year after year.

Quit talking and be happy you got out of the cellar for one year and pray you don't fall back in it next year. DCA will still be winning and gettting to the playoffs each and every year in a much tougher region than yours my friend. How do I know, DCA has only been in 2a what 3 years and all ready won their region, gone to the semis, and check how many years they have been in the playoffs, 20 straight and counting, 3 states and 2 runner ups. What do you guys have and second round play off lost and a purple and yellow dragon. Put the dragon in your trophy case for a while because that was your mvp the night we were there.

Alcoa was better and would be better probably no matter how many times we play them. But guess what? If we played your dragons 10 times, 10 times we would be coming back down off your mountain or bump with a win and all you would have left is a story and a, "next time/year we will do it dragons". Or an excuse. See we are not making an excuse. DCA didn't play DCA football against Alcoa but it would not have mattered I don't think. They are the best team in 2a and deserve another ring but I still blead blue, yellow and white. I think you have a bit of purple and yellow mixed in with some tornadoe crimson and silver with just a dash of white. Lead that bandwagon man I am sure your team loves you for that! I will say it again, "bandwagon traitor ASBY69"!

York, a football tradition since August, 2007 (a door mat the rest of the time!)

DCA, a football tradition since August, 1988 (always competitive year after year!)

I said it once and I'll say it again;

Good luck with basketball.

Alcoa hasn't shut anyone out all year. They shut out DCA which was supposed to be the 2nd best team they played all year. You don't think that's unprepared?

first of all, quit writing in all-caps. It's a coach-t rule if you would read the rules. What would I have done differently? First quarter: worden (#21) was averaging about 5 yards a carry, yet drive after drive on 1st down would be a worden run for 4, 5, or 6 yards. 2nd down was always a pass, which only about 5 were completed all night so let's say 3rd and 5. What do you know, another pass play that results in a sack or maybe a 4 yard run to make it 4th and 1. WE'RE DOWN BY 24...and we punt

I do not think DCA would have won this game even if these things were done, but maybe we would have put some points on the board.

The only thing that is right in that thread is the not going for it on 4 down a couple of times. Who are you coach30 and why do you feel you are a DCA supporter. You are as bad as ASBY69 when it comes to second guessing or "monday morning quaterbacking" and when a so called athlete tells you they are not playing football because they don't like the coaches that means they are scared when it comes to football but believe what you want. I think you are ridiculous. And you are not a coach and have no clue so don't put it in your name. And DCA's first threat this year was the pass and the run grew stronger each and every week due to the threat of the pass and if you don't believe that you have lost your mind. And the coaching situation at DCA is fine they were prepared. I just think there are always a couple of fans at the end of the year that show their true ignorance. And they are usually the ones that put coach in their name on here. If I had to guess youve had some success playing football on playstation 2 with your kids if youre a parent and if not then you have had success playing it with your buddies and you think you are now a coach because you can light up the scoreboard on NCAA08! And in high school probably used the excuse, "I am not playing because I don't like the coaches that the school has"! Even if that school's head coach is in the top ten of winningest coaches of all time in the state. Sounds like a great excuse doesn't it. And don't say that its not the head, its the asst. coaches because they are class acts as well. I guess DCA would have done better if you would have had the head set on last night come one tell all the true DCA fans who you are so we can know who a real coach is!