Alcoa vs DCA

Tornado89

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They appear to be just as good offensively...but not quite as good defensively. In fact...they are scoring more points early in games than they have the llast several years. They have let up on every team they've beaten. Anybody that can put up 41 points in less than a half on White House is pretty good.

Alcoa was a team that used their tailbacks Shiverdecker,Hodge and Tate last year then used play action passes to Lankster,Sommer and Thompson. Last year they just let Cobb be the caretaker. This year Cobb is running and throwing. Rankin is taking advantage of Cobb's talents.

The reason Alcoa was better last year and the year before was their defense. They had real good line play but the biggest difference is this years team doesn't have anyone like Bart Hicks. Hicks was by far Alcoa's best defensive player last season. Brandon Warren was the only player more dominant on defense than Hicks.

Alcoa was a team that used their tailbacks Shiverdecker,Hodge and Tate last year then used play action passes to Lankster,Sommer and Thompson. Last year they just let Cobb be the caretaker. This year Cobb is running and throwing. Rankin is taking advantage of Cobb's talents.

The reason Alcoa was better last year and the year before was their defense. They had real good line play but the biggest difference is this years team doesn't have anyone like Bart Hicks. Hicks was by far Alcoa's best defensive player last season. Brandon Warren was the only player more dominant on defense than Hicks.

As always your assessment is A1...goodluck this Friday

That makes two of us DCABooster, Alcoa is a legitimate 1A school who plays 2A football. Should be a great game I hope you and the rest of the DCA faithful enjoy the Blount Co. hospitality. Oh yea I enjoyed that bit of humor with your "tune up" comment. We love our boys, but we are not blind to the fact that DCA is a very good team. See ya Friday-this one should be one for the books /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Uh, alcoafan72: I hate to argue with a former schoolmate, but Alcoa is a 2A school. We're one of the smaller 2A schools, but we definitely fall into 2A attendance.

Call me crazy, call me nuts, call me a homer, BUT, I am going with an upset this week, DCA shocks Alcoa friday nite in their own back yard. Alcoa can score, score, score and score some more, But so do their opponents, and DCA can score too, and they are on a roll! DCA 35 Alcoa 31 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Call me crazy, call me nuts, call me a homer, BUT, I am going with an upset this week, DCA shocks Alcoa friday nite in their own back yard. Alcoa can score, score, score and score some more, But so do their opponents, and DCA can score too, and they are on a roll! DCA 35 Alcoa 31 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The problem with that is they have given up the points with their subs...mostly. They have had very big halftime leads in almost every win. Their 1st team defense hasn't given up much.

The problem with that is they have given up the points with their subs...mostly. They have had very big halftime leads in almost every win. Their 1st team defense hasn't given up much.

DCA will certainly have to play their best game of the year to have any chance at all. Having said that, they do have some serious offensive weapons and the best balance (passing and rushing) that Alcoa may have seen this year (in 2A of course) I have seen several comments about Alcoa's pass defense and that it may be more vulnerable this year than in years past, however, I think it would take a very balanced team and not a one dimensional effort to have any chance for the upset and that still may not be enough. You think they would agree to only play their starters for one half, regardless of the score? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

DCA will certainly have to play their best game of the year to have any chance at all. Having said that, they do have some serious offensive weapons and the best balance (passing and rushing) that Alcoa may have seen this year (in 2A of course) I have seen several comments about Alcoa's pass defense and that it may be more vulnerable this year than in years past, however, I think it would take a very balanced team and not a one dimensional effort to have any chance for the upset and that still may not be enough. You think they would agree to only play their starters for one half regardless of the score? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i havent heard to much about the linemen on both sides of the ball who has the advantage, i havent seen Alcoa's but have seen DCA's several times. This may be a part of the game everyone is forgetting about. Can Alcoa get pressure on DCA's QB, can DCA's line give him time, can they open some holes for the runnning backs to pick from, can Alcoa counter with good pressure or clog up the holes.

anyones thoughts

i havent heard to much about the linemen on both sides of the ball who has the advantage, i havent seen Alcoa's but have seen DCA's several times. This may be a part of the game everyone is forgetting about. Can Alcoa get pressure on DCA's QB, can DCA's line give him time, can they open some holes for the runnning backs to pick from, can Alcoa counter with good pressure or clog up the holes.

anyones thoughts

My thought is Worden55 is crazy, nuts, and a homer. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Having said that, crazier things have happened

well if you ask me here goes if you show up to play

play from the heart belive in your self give the ball to 21

you can bet alcoa

york just did not show up

but better look out for next year the dragons wil be returning put it on the map jamestown tn

We have our own #21 that can put it to DCA as well.