Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

For about the last 6 years the semi game in the East has been a much better game than the actual Championship game. I expect no less from this one.

The Millington-Indy game should be interesting as well this year. Gonna be a completely Middle Tn contest or a true East vs West affair. Either way folks will be talking alot about them.

As to giving up 'secrets', I don't think there will be any because just not last weeks game films will be obtained by coaches this week. Coaches will be scrambling for ANY films they can get period. We may talk alot on here, but it is nothing compared to how coaches talk to each other! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Who will win this one? I have NO idea, but I am looking forward to it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BHS fans and players be ready for Smyrna's announcer to turn up the volume up to its max and their band playing lod the whole game even while you are calling your plays from the line of scrimmage. If wilks is spread out on the wide side of the field with trips on the other they are going deep to Wilks for some 1 on 1 action. Sonny is slippery so break down so you can contain him, most of his big pass plays are made when slips past the pressure or runs for a big gain from it. They run a lot of the same formation like Ooltewah does. If BHS D is as good as I believe they are I think the EAST wins this battle. bump coverage on Wilks all night long hit him hard and often the same with Sonny.. If you are beat deep take the penalty not the TD. Remember this playing at Smyrna is like you are playing in the bush league.

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/bush%20league

a year later and still upset about the pa announcer, dont give away our secret weapon, that guy is the x factor!! LOL

BHS fans and players be ready for Smyrna's announcer to turn up the volume up to its max and their band playing lod the whole game even while you are calling your plays from the line of scrimmage. If wilks is spread out on the wide side of the field with trips on the other they are going deep to Wilks for some 1 on 1 action. Sonny is slippery so break down so you can contain him, most of his big pass plays are made when slips past the pressure or runs for a big gain from it. They run a lot of the same formation like Ooltewah does. If BHS D is as good as I believe they are I think the EAST wins this battle. bump coverage on Wilks all night long hit him hard and often the same with Sonny.. If you are beat deep take the penalty not the TD. Remember this playing at Smyrna is like you are playing in the bush league.

Yea, I guess since Smyrna is in the semi finals for the second year in a row and did win the state championship last year that someone who got beat out again this year would call Smyrna amatuers/bush league etc Makes a lot of sense (Not)...Really doesn't matter how loud you turn up the volume or how loud the band plays what it comes down to is how a team executes. When a team gets this far, no matter who they are, they should be able to deal with distractions and such.

It never ceases to amaze me. You are incredibly ignorant and still a sore loser from last years semi-final. Don't all teams use their bands and announcers to fire up the crowd? Isn't that a part of HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. You are a disgrace to all other Ooltewah fans, who show class and integrity. As to Bearden I look foward to a good game and we will leave it all out there on the field, as I'm sure you will as well.

This should be a great game. I'm not going to come on and say why one team is "better" than the other, because I don't think anybody can do that. Has anyone on here seen both of these teams play "this" year? Both teams are obviously good since they are in the Final Four.

I have seen Smyrna several times this year and they have gotten better every week, as I am sure Bearden has. They have very talented athletes that can run run. What does Bearden have personnel wise? I saw where their TB had a big night against Farragut. I am wondering more about their TEAM speed. Smyrna's team speed is by far (especially on D) one of the fastest I have seen this year. Sonny and Rod get the pub (deservedly so), but this is a TEAM. That has been very evident in watching them this year.

thats funny some one from ooltewah giving advice on how to cover rod wilks

they didn't have a clue as to how to cover him (3 tds)

getting advice from somone at ooltewah on covering rod is like asking one of the olson twins where you can find a good steak house /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

it is frankly embarrasing to hear ole searge whine after a year but I guess when you get your bottoms waxed all year and your players cant stay out of trouble it gives you something to talk about.

he is right about one thing though if you cover rod in single coverage sonny will throw it to him but I would imagine your coaches probably knew that by noon today.

both teams have played 13 games - no secrets at this time of year it is about executing what you do.

all smyrna folks - do not respond to anythig owl post - this thread is about smyrna vs bearden dont let his whinning steal it. put him on your ignore list and move on -- I just did

Last time I checked...the gold ball in our trophy case said TSSAA, not bush-league. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ooltewah playing for that same ball last year...

Just like you showed Cookeville. by stealing their phones and wallets etc. from the locker room. To Bearden players: BEWARE of leaving your things in the locker room. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Beware of the Ref's, they do make bogus calls at Smyrna ( inadvertent whistle is a favorite). Just shut down Sonny Gray and Rod Wilks and you shouldn't have a problem. They are all about the passing game.Although Smyrna does have some other good players too, they don't ever get any recognition because of these two. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Good Luck Bearden /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From Murfreesboro /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

the school had nothing to do with that thats not our fault...ask dub c nothing happened to them...bet yall it was cookville person that did it