Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can you possibly even compare smyrna to those teams. none of those teams have a great great qb and four or five capable recievers and number 5

Ummm how can I compare them? Let's see, William Blount and Ooltewah were supposed to have 2 of the highest powered offenses in TN. And if you think that the jump balls to Rod Wilkes are going to work like they have against the bad teams you've faced, then you're in for a long night. Our DB's are both very athletic and have very good hops. I saw Wilkes only had 1 catch last game against Wilson Central (who idk about), but if they can hold him I really believe we can hold him. And about this 4-5 capable WR's, I have very rarely seen a high school team with that many WR's that are playmakers. Bearden has 2: Madison English and Aaron Gray. Enough talking though, I'm ready to settle this on the field rather than message boards!

Ummm how can I compare them? Let's see, William Blount and Ooltewah were supposed to have 2 of the highest powered offenses in TN. And if you think that the jump balls to Rod Wilkes are going to work like they have against the bad teams you've faced, then you're in for a long night. Our DB's are both very athletic and have very good hops. I saw Wilkes only had 1 catch last game against Wilson Central (who idk about), but if they can hold him I really believe we can hold him. And about this 4-5 capable WR's, I have very rarely seen a high school team with that many WR's that are playmakers. Bearden has 2: Madison English and Aaron Gray. Enough talking though, I'm ready to settle this on the field rather than message boards!

Only 2? Madison and Aaron are two of our best, but you're forgetting about ocho cinco Cory Eicholtz, Logan Maynard, and Matt Williamson (if coach taylor ever puts him in on offense).

I believe he had more than one.

I don't take much stock in saying WB and Ooletwah were "supposed" to have high powered offenses. The Owls "had" a high powered offense last year, but losing their qb and other key members had to have hurt them this year. One running back doesn't make a "high powered" offense. I don't know enough about WB to comment.

Another comment on "supposing"

Smyrna is not SUPPOSED to be here.

Riverdale was SUPPOSED to win state this year (not a shot at you Riverdale fans, just making a point).

The Vols are not SUPPOSED to be playing in the SEC Championship Saturday.

It is SUPPOSED to be cold tomorrow night (I think this one will work out).

I am SUPPOSED to be in bed by now (work comes early).

Just a fun little look at things....no harm meant. Have a safe trip, and get some hot chocolate early before it runs out! Until tomorrow.

Good luck to both Bearden and Smyrna tonight. Both teams have earned the right to be where they are right now. Both deserve the respect of being the two teams representing the east. Kudos to players, coaches, and fans. Support them tonight like you have never done before. Be proud even in defeat.

Smyrna- 28

Bearden-14

Good luck, Smyrna! Go get that ring......to balance out your hand. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Keep warm tonight, Cat!

I believe he had more than one.

I don't take much stock in saying WB and Ooletwah were "supposed" to have high powered offenses. The Owls "had" a high powered offense last year, but losing their qb and other key members had to have hurt them this year. One running back doesn't make a "high powered" offense. I don't know enough about WB to comment.

Another comment on "supposing"

Smyrna is not SUPPOSED to be here.

Riverdale was SUPPOSED to win state this year (not a shot at you Riverdale fans, just making a point).

The Vols are not SUPPOSED to be playing in the SEC Championship Saturday.

It is SUPPOSED to be cold tomorrow night (I think this one will work out).

I am SUPPOSED to be in bed by now (work comes early).

Just a fun little look at things....no harm meant. Have a safe trip, and get some hot chocolate early before it runs out! Until tomorrow.

I know a lot about WB and the Governors were outstanding all year only losing to Maryville by one point on a missed PAT at the end of the game. They also lost to Farragut on the last play of the game when a 2 pt attempt failed. With that said, they were never in the game at Bearden. I am still shocked at what I saw that night. Bearden is on a mission, and it will continue Friday night. Sorry Smyrna...sometimes fate just takes over and fate has Bearden winning it all!!!!