Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

As far as a Marco throwing a duck, when was the last time a duck was thrown 40 to 50 yards in the air. Marco made a great throw and JuJu made a great catch. Most Mckenzie fans have had class but I guess there are bonehead fans for all teams.

That pass was just as ugly as the other two that were picked, it just fell in the right place at the exact right time for Corlew.

Dailey is the real deal ... as a running back ... He will NOT play college ball as a quarterback.

I know how proud you all are of the graduating class ... But one can't help but wonder, and yes I'll be the one to say it ... How many kids have quit the team over those four years because the same play is ran 90% of the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer of doing what works for you ... Heck, I don't know how to explain it ... This post may get drilled for being taken the wrong way but if there's anyone that reads this paragraph and can paraphrase it better than I, please do so.

"It hurt us," Mt. Pleasant coach Walt Smith said. "But we're not a one-man show." - Jackson Sun /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That pass was just as ugly as the other two that were picked, it just fell in the right place at the exact right time for Corlew.

Dailey is the real deal ... as a running back ... He will NOT play college ball as a quarterback.

I know how proud you all are of the graduating class ... But one can't help but wonder, and yes I'll be the one to say it ... How many kids have quit the team over those four years because the same play is ran 90% of the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer of doing what works for you ... Heck, I don't know how to explain it ... This post may get drilled for being taken the wrong way but if there's anyone that reads this paragraph and can paraphrase it better than I, please do so.

"It hurt us," Mt. Pleasant coach Walt Smith said. "But we're not a one-man show." - Jackson Sun /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The quote from the Jackson Sun was referring to Dailey's leg cramps and was interesting to say the least for us who were at the game. MtP has a good team but, they would likely still be playing football today if there was any backup to Dailey that they could depend on in this type of game.

Is there a place you can download this game from the radio broadcast like you could the Mt. Pleasant vs Jo Byrns game?

Hey Redneck, We Don't Want You Looking At Film When You Shoulda Paid And Came Watched. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 Go Get Butchie Huh? I Aint Playing!! http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10 So Nice Of Ya To Jump Ship On Me! Cheer For The Rebs All Season And Then Hang A Left Huh? Are You Coming To This Game? If So We Gotta Hook Up.

NO one cares if you agree or disagree. Your opinion means absolutely nothing to anyone involved in this game tonite. You sir are clueless. I'm glad you can gain so much insight and not watch the game.

On the contrary, I care. Gerry Bertier is a smart guy. He knows what he's talking about. MP clearly had more talent than McKenzie. They were bigger, and they had more atheletes. Tell me, when you have 6-5 230lb tight end with the athleticism and speed of Preston Gilbreath. How can you not get him the ball? Also, you've got McClenic w/4.6, 4.7 speed who can run and catch in the flat. You have good wideouts in Corlew, Houston, Stoops, heck Bubba Clifton could have caught passes out of backfield or screens, curls, hooks, slants. I didn't see one slant pass all night or even a wide reciever screen.

McKenzie was more discipline though and had a fine quaterback. They stayed at home on defense and tackled better. Only a superhuman effort by Daily kept them in the game. Coach Smith will never have another back like Daily, but he should found ways to help him. Don't get me wrong, the style he used was unique with the single wing and it evolved over the coarse of two years to what it was this past Friday. It was just a bone crushing offense. It was fun to watch. But b/c of MPs lack of balance, nobody is gonna get to see Marco Dailey play in the boro on the turf!, which would be more fun that watching Mckenzie (no disrespect, they are a very fine football team). It's sad. very sad.

Let's Not Get Misconceived About The More Talent Phrase. Ya'll played Great Us Rebels Have Admitted That. But Don't try To Muddy It. Good Luck to Mount Pleasant. Congrats On A Fine Football Team. Outstanding Performance Friday Night.

Just my opinion. You guys have a terrific coaching staff. It obvious they work really hard. MP does too, I just wish they would have mixed it up more.

Let's Not Get Misconceived About The More Talent Phrase. Ya'll played Great Us Rebels Have Admitted That. But Don't try To Muddy It. Good Luck to Mount Pleasant. Congrats On A Fine Football Team. Outstanding Performance Friday Night.

Hey Butchie, wasmp63 is just that a hasbeen that thinks he knows better what to do with the talent on the team than the coach does. He doesn't come to practice yet knows it all and how all players should be used. He has bet against us every game in the playoffs except McEwen and was riding the fence then. He is trying to breath some kind of doubt about our coaching into the fans in MP. His arguments hold no water with most in MP. Congratulations again to McKenzie, I wish ya'll were saying that to us though!

Hey Butchie, wasmp63 is just that a hasbeen that thinks he knows better what to do with the talent on the team than the coach does. He doesn't come to practice yet knows it all and how all players should be used. He has bet against us every game in the playoffs except McEwen and was riding the fence then. He is trying to breath some kind of doubt about our coaching into the fans in MP. His arguments hold no water with most in MP. Congratulations again to McKenzie, I wish ya'll were saying that to us though!

Hey I Know You Do, And Dad Gum it Ya'll Almost Pulled Her Out. I'm Sure the Coaching Staff Done As They Saw Fit. And Look At Past Seasons, You Guys Have A Great Record over The Years. Good Luck To MPT. And Thanks For The Wishes. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

I don't know of any that have quit. I have been around since flag football through Middle School and now High School. More likely than not more joined because everyone likes to play for a winner. Man we had 75 kids on the team this year.

I don't know of any that have quit. I have been around since flag football through Middle School and now High School. More likely than not more joined because everyone likes to play for a winner.

I'm Sure The Enrollment To Your Team has Increased Due To Your Success. How Could It Not?

The Tiger Have Alot to Be Proud Of. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10