What team is the region 4-2A favorite for 2008.

Mr. Postman1

This may be a little early but since all the teams are now out of the football playoffs and on the old B Ball court what are your thoughts. I know we are all thinking about next year already. At least I am. My predictions are as followed

numero uno-Wesmoreland with their senior lead team.

2. Cannon Co. with their experienced backs and line

3.York Institute lost a lot of talent but will benifit from such a good season

4. Smith Co. lost how many, 22 seniors.

5. Upperman always trying to get better

6. Jackson Co. the familiar cellar dweller.

(THIS POST WAS WAY BEFORE THE CANNON COUNTY COACH DECIDED TO TAKE OVER AT SEQUATCHIE)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be a little early but since all the teams are now out of the football playoffs and on the old B Ball court what are your thoughts. I know we are all thinking about next year already. At least I am. My predictions are as followed

numero uno-Wesmoreland with their senior lead team.

2. Cannon Co. with their experienced backs and line

3.York Institute lost a lot of talent but will benifit from such a good season

4. Smith Co. lost how many, 22 seniors.

5. Upperman always trying to get better

6. Jackson Co. the familiar cellar dweller.

First of all, Westmoreland doesn't win the region. Secondly, you must not know too much about York because they return Jones, VanWormer, Wright, etc. They are definitely the favorite to win the region going into next season. And lastly, SC lost 24 seniors, but I will guarantee you they do better than 4th place. Sign, Sealed and Delivered!!!

First of all, Westmoreland doesn't win the region. Secondly, you must not know too much about York because they return Jones, VanWormer, Wright, etc. They are definitely the favorite to win the region going into next season. And lastly, SC lost 24 seniors, but I will guarantee you they do better than 4th place. Sign, Sealed and Delivered!!!

Even with all those players from York this season they still only beat Westmoreland by a whopping 5 points and that is with Westmoreland fumbling about 3 times and throwing 2 int.. Truth is, I was not impressed with York this season. I know Westmoreland same as gave them the game they played us. We return every starter except maybe one from that York game. They barely beat Cannon Co. as well. SC will be very down this next season from what I have gathered from other SC fans when I was at the Boyd Buchanan game earlier. They did tell me that they were trying to get some East Tennessee kids to transfer in to help them next season so maybe they can round up some players to fill all the holes.

Even with all those players from York this season they still only beat Westmoreland by a whopping 5 points and that is with Westmoreland fumbling about 3 times and throwing 2 int.. Truth is, I was not impressed with York this season. I know Westmoreland same as gave them the game they played us. We return every starter except maybe one from that York game. They barely beat Cannon Co. as well. SC will be very down this next season from what I have gathered from other SC fans when I was at the Boyd Buchanan game earlier. They did tell me that they were trying to get some East Tennessee kids to transfer in to help them next season so maybe they can round up some players to fill all the holes.

Postman, don't make yourself look silly with that recruiting spill. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. SC has lost 41 seniors in two years, and for a 2A school that is brutal. They have a bunch of holes to fill just as they did last year. Once again, every skilled position will be filled by someone new. It is the underclassman that will have to step up, no 5 star recruits. SC SHOULD be a little down, just as they were a little down this past year. But down or up, they finish better than 4th in the region and make the playoffs. Not going to make but that one prediction. And York is clearly the favorite for the top spot.

Postman, don't make yourself look silly with that recruiting spill. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. SC has lost 41 seniors in two years, and for a 2A school that is brutal. They have a bunch of holes to fill just as they did last year. Once again, every skilled position will be filled by someone new. It is the underclassman that will have to step up, no 5 star recruits. SC SHOULD be a little down, just as they were a little down this past year. But down or up, they finish better than 4th in the region and make the playoffs. Not going to make but that one prediction. And York is clearly the favorite for the top spot.

I think SC will reload as usual. They will be competitive on the 2a level...as usual. They will be in the hunt for the region title...as usual. It really depends a lot on how Johnston heals. If he comes back full strength...SC will be tough.

It will be a long road for that to happen...but he very well could. I know he has the drive to do it. Best of luck to that fine young man.

SC has a lot of players. There will be 60 or so soph...juniors...and seniors coming back. We come up with a pretty good team this year after heavy losses. I don't think next year will be too much different. I think SC will likely be younger. That may not be a bad thing for the future.

Postaldude is blabbing again and the season is just over. I guess that's what a 3rd place team does. We wouldn't know about that. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think SC will reload as usual. They will be competitive on the 2a level...as usual. They will be in the hunt for the region title...as usual. It really depends a lot on how Johnston heals. If he comes back full strength...SC will be tough.

It will be a long road for that to happen...but he very well could. I know he has the drive to do it. Best of luck to that fine young man.

SC has a lot of players. There will be 60 or so soph...juniors...and seniors coming back. We come up with a pretty good team this year after heavy losses. I don't think next year will be too much different. I think SC will likely be younger. That may not be a bad thing for the future.

Postaldude is blabbing again and the season is just over. I guess that's what a 3rd place team does. We wouldn't know about that. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yeah, I feel the same way, Antwan. SC will still compete in our region for the region title. It will be interesting to see who is going step up now.

Yeah, I feel the same way, Antwan. SC will still compete in our region for the region title. It will be interesting to see who is going step up now.

Being from LA I don't like to admit this, but as long as Jimmy Maynord is coaching at SC, they will compete for the region title. 4th in region? I don't think so! York returns most of skill position players and will be in the running again.

ha ha ha ha ha your a funny person , sc is losing a lot of seniors this year,they also lost several key sr. last yr. but with rosters of 85-90 players our great coaching staff will find replacements in some great lower classmen as they continually do year after year. so if you want to count them out for next year,that wouldn't be too wise.

ha ha ha ha ha your a funny person , sc is losing a lot of seniors this year,they also lost several key sr. last yr. but with rosters of 85-90 players our great coaching staff will find replacements in some great lower classmen as they continually do year after year. so if you want to count them out for next year,that wouldn't be too wise.

That is correct. YAI will be the overwhelming favorite. I think that is deserved after this year. They have their whole backfield coming back. SC will challenge...especially having YAI at home next year.

Guest Termite

Ole Stampus Lickus is showing his vast football knowledge again. Last spring he laughed when I mentioned York as they have NEVER beat Westmoreland and I was stupid for even mentioning them. Now he picks them 3rd and the much improved CC 2nd. York will be the favorite and Westmoreland and SC should battle for 2nd. But this is a long ways off and York was picked ....what 4th in pre season?

I do agree with Antwan. Brandon's injury will be key. Other holes will be filled just as last year. There were 5-6 soph. that saw considerable playing time this year and many Jrs. that did not start saw a lot of action.

There is no doubt that the region has gotten stronger with York and Cannon stepping up.

Seems that early this year Ole Lickus picked Westy to finish 1st this season.and accoding to him would have had it not been for the refs.. (I think I can get you some help for your refaphobia /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />) York should have shown you ( and the rest of us) that evey year is different. Last year it was said we couldn't replace the QB,RB,2 linemen, 2 WR, 2 LBs etc...we did just fine. I believe the SC will reload.......but so will other schools.

Westmoreland lost ONLY 1 starter.........Using Postmans theory....they will finish 3rd................ again. They will have the same players won't they???????? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

My $.02;

York should be the team to beat with a lot of their well rounded players returning but will have a few holes to fill as well.

I look for Smith County to be a hard team to beat next year as well, so I'd say SC 2nd.

Westmoreland, Upperman, Cannon County, and then Jackson County.

Ole Stampus Lickus is showing his vast football knowledge again. Last spring he laughed when I mentioned York as they have NEVER beat Westmoreland and I was stupid for even mentioning them. Now he picks them 3rd and the much improved CC 2nd. York will be the favorite and Westmoreland and SC should battle for 2nd. But this is a long ways off and York was picked ....what 4th in pre season?

I do agree with Antwan. Brandon's injury will be key. Other holes will be filled just as last year. There were 5-6 soph. that saw considerable playing time this year and many Jrs. that did not start saw a lot of action.

There is no doubt that the region has gotten stronger with York and Cannon stepping up.

Seems that early this year Ole Lickus picked Westy to finish 1st this season.and accoding to him would have had it not been for the refs.. (I think I can get you some help for your refaphobia /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />) York should have shown you ( and the rest of us) that evey year is different. Last year it was said we couldn't replace the QB,RB,2 linemen, 2 WR, 2 LBs etc...we did just fine. I believe the SC will reload.......but so will other schools.

Westmoreland lost ONLY 1 starter.........Using Postmans theory....they will finish 3rd................ again. They will have the same players won't they???????? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Long time no hear Termitt. After that York beat down and trash talking you guys took I thought you might have quit posting. I never said that Westmoreland would win the region last season in the spring. I said that Westmoreland and SC would be the two teams competing for the championship. I also said I could not believe York would be considered to place higher than Westmoreland last season in the spring considering they had been beaten twice the previous year by Westmoreland and had never been beaten at that point by the dragons. Yes, they did beat us by a whopping 5 points this season. I think you have to admit that with all the players Westmoreland has returning that they should be the favorite coming into this season. I think most from SC that are really realistic fans think this will be the first rebuilding season they have had in a while due to the talent that they have coming back. York doesnt scare me much due to the style of offense they try to play us with each year. It plays into a strong defensive line and good linebackers hands and makes them easy to play against. Take away our turnovers and we win by 1 possibly 2 tds.