Perry County Football

Stat_pack1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming he plays. He almost didn't play this year, just decided to play after the season had already started. He got lots of playing time, but if he wants to play in '08, he needs to work out in the spring & summer with the rest of the team. He is also playing basketball & baseball, playing all three is hard once you get to the high school level, but can be done if you want it bad enough. Just depends on whether he really wants to play or not, I guess. I personally think football is his best sport, and that's the one he really needs to concentrate on, but that's just my opinion. What do you think, Radio?

I think it is the only sport that he could go to next level playing.This basketball town needs to realize that might not be our best chance of winning a state title one day if possible.Your guy is good too I have much love for Cole.

I do know that the best chance of having good team will be with this years freshman they are good and 8 th grade is sending up 20 players.

By the time these kids get to be Jr's and Sr's, they will be pretty good if all of them play. If they stick together and not just focus on one sport, they could possibly be seen in the playoffs in all three sports. These are some of the best athletes that I ever coached.

Who do you have for asst. coaches now?

Almost the whole coaching staff is from Hickman Co, which I assume is how Dawgsfan71 seems to know so much about what's going on in Perry County.

Head coach: Michael Harrison (from HC)

Asst head coach: Caleb Dunkle (baseball coach from PC)

Asst coach: Chris Wright (from HC)

Asst coach: Billy Sawyer (from HC)

Asst coach/intern: R.E. McDonald (college student, from Lewis Co)

Asst coach: Glyn Mercer (from PC, also helps coach middle school)

That's the most coaches I ever remember Perry County having, and the worst season we ever had (0-10).

As to whether any of this will change or not, who knows, this is Perry County. This time last year, we would have said that Coach Bradley would be around for years to come, but the powers that be had other ideas, so I really can't make any predictions. Apparently Dawgsfan71 thinks he has some inside information or something, but since he is from Hickman County, I don't know how he could. We here in Perry County have learned to just take it as it comes.

Almost the whole coaching staff is from Hickman Co, which I assume is how Dawgsfan71 seems to know so much about what's going on in Perry County.

Head coach: Michael Harrison (from HC)

Asst head coach: Caleb Dunkle (baseball coach from PC)

Asst coach: Chris Wright (from HC)

Asst coach: Billy Sawyer (from HC)

Asst coach/intern: R.E. McDonald (college student, from Lewis Co)

Asst coach: Glyn Mercer (from PC, also helps coach middle school)

That's the most coaches I ever remember Perry County having, and the worst season we ever had (0-10).

As to whether any of this will change or not, who knows, this is Perry County. This time last year, we would have said that Coach Bradley would be around for years to come, but the powers that be had other ideas, so I really can't make any predictions. Apparently Dawgsfan71 thinks he has some inside information or something, but since he is from Hickman County, I don't know how he could. We here in Perry County have learned to just take it as it comes.

Vikingfan:

The 3 week dead period after the last game has passed; are the guys getting involved with any sort of serious workout schedule? The 2008 season begins NOW... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Vikingfan:

The 3 week dead period after the last game has passed; are the guys getting involved with any sort of serious workout schedule? The 2008 season begins NOW... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

They are doing some weight-lifting, running, etc. The booster club got new equipment for the weight room.

Seems like you're leaving some out, but I can't think who. Of the ones you've named, most of them will be sophomores & juniors. McCaig, Qualls, Woods, & Corbett will be seniors next year. Arython Reed will be a senior also. Will McCaig & Qualls play next year, do you think? This year was the first year they've played football in high school, they both are dedicated baseball players (good pitchers), but they did a great job, I hope they do play again next year. Boutwell, Campbell, Smith, & Rogers will all be juniors. The rest will be sophomores. I don't know all the freshmen coming up, the ones I know (if they play) are: Jacob Tucker; Derek Watkins; Garrett Hill; Zack Grimes; Hunter Tucker. Who are they rest of the 20 you're talking about, Radio?

Jordan Trull ,Ian Lawerece,Will Gillion,Matt Gillboy,James Mccord, James Crittendon,Cody Garcia,William Higiam,Nolan payne,Garrett Higden,.I cant think of many more you named 5 .I named 10 .There was 18 eight graders on middle school team and a few that might play in the futuresuch as Blake Qualls.I have some left out but there is talent as you can see.

if they wont pc 2 ever win a game agin they will git new coaches

0-10 is not 2 good

How did you become so smart?If you are who I think you are You were only kid I know to drive to middle school.Yall went to bowl game and you was to old to play 15 or 16 in middle school.On top of that you never got over 120 lbs and thought you was gods gift to football.You need to give these coaches 1 or 2 more years before we all can decide in or out with them.