Thoughts and predictions for 9 and 11 A

Unionvegas

I have not been postig here I just been attending games and watching the scoreboard and I know you all have been on the edge of your seats wanting my predictions. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

District 9.

1. Forrest - Should be the team to beat but will not go undefeated in district play

2. Van Buren - It is hard to win at thier place especially in a gym with 1 100 Watt bulb lighting the whole place. I look for them to beat Forrest at home.

3. Community - Good team that is still young coming off a 20 win season. Looking a little shaky early with two tough losses to Richland and Cornersville. Look for the Queens to get better and better under new Coach Allison Layne and dont forget they host the tourney this year.

4. M.T.C.S - I had these girls at 2 before tonight but if the scoreboard is correct they got beat pretty good by Cornersville.

District 10

1. Richland - Glidden is the real deal. The only thing I seen that I did not like was when the game was well in hand against Community the coach continued to play Glidden padding her stats for Miss Basketball. I understand the concept but I would hate to see her get hurt in the 4th quarter up by 30

2. Cornersville- Landers is one of the best there is and after watching them last night you better be able to handle the ball when you play them.

3. Santa Fe- There big, strong and have decent guard play. This should be thier year and if they ever hit on all cilynders this team could move up.

4. Moore County- They are down a litle this year. Starting a couple of Freshman and an 8th grader but look out they will only get better and the next several years look bright down in Lynchburg.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your list looks real good Unionvegas! Of course the only change I would make is about the game Friday night @VB. It is hard to play in this gym with everyone on the mountain there, however I think my Lady Rockets will step up to the challenge and make this first game the start of an undefeated regular season!!! Have to be optimistic because it will not be easy for sure....Good luck to your Viqueens this year !! GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!

I have not been postig here I just been attending games and watching the scoreboard and I know you all have been on the edge of your seats wanting my predictions. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

District 9.

1. Forrest - Should be the team to beat but will not go undefeated in district play

2. Van Buren - It is hard to win at thier place especially in a gym with 1 100 Watt bulb lighting the whole place. I look for them to beat Forrest at home.

3. Community - Good team that is still young coming off a 20 win season. Looking a little shaky early with two tough losses to Richland and Cornersville. Look for the Queens to get better and better under new Coach Allison Layne and dont forget they host the tourney this year.

4. M.T.C.S - I had these girls at 2 before tonight but if the scoreboard is correct they got beat pretty good by Cornersville.

District 10

1. Richland - Glidden is the real deal. The only thing I seen that I did not like was when the game was well in hand against Community the coach continued to play Glidden padding her stats for Miss Basketball. I understand the concept but I would hate to see her get hurt in the 4th quarter up by 30

2. Cornersville- Landers is one of the best there is and after watching them last night you better be able to handle the ball when you play them.

3. Santa Fe- There big, strong and have decent guard play. This should be thier year and if they ever hit on all cilynders this team could move up.

4. Moore County- They are down a litle this year. Starting a couple of Freshman and an 8th grader but look out they will only get better and the next several years look bright down in Lynchburg.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

1. Forrest

2. Van Buren

3 .M.T.C.S

4. Community

5. Cascade

6. Eagleville

7. Boyd

Forrest, VB, and MTCS should all challenge for 1st

Community and Cascade will fight for home court advantage

Eagleville and Boyd will battle for 6th

Your list looks real good Unionvegas! Of course the only change I would make is about the game Friday night @VB. It is hard to play in this gym with everyone on the mountain there, however I think my Lady Rockets will step up to the challenge and make this first game the start of an undefeated regular season!!! Have to be optimistic because it will not be easy for sure....Good luck to your Viqueens this year !! GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!

Undefeated regular season??? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I guess you don't count that game at Richland.

District 9.

District 10

'Vegas,

Not bad. But here are mine.

District 9

1. Forrest - Starting 5 has lots of experience but the bench is a question mark. Those girls have not been in a meaningful game since middle school. The key to beating them is pressure Wesson she is a terrible ballhandler. Don't just take my word for it watch the tape of the state tournament game last year. That said they have a cake walk to a substate game at least.

2. MTCS - Good fundamental basketball team. Good coach. Not sure what happened in Cornersville that was a surprise but as you said Landers is a ball coach.

3. Van Buren - Their home court is a definite factor. They are not bad and always give Forrest and Community all they can handle.

4. Community - Yes 20 meaningless wins last season and a new coach. This team must have a signature win before anyone outside of Unionville will ever take them seriously.

District 11

1. Richland - Yes Glidden is the real deal but she is not alone. Bell will bomb the 3 if you help off of her and Dukes will bang and battle inside. The are a very good team and should make the semifinals in the region before the road gets a little treacherous.

2. Sante Fe - This is where it gets a little dicey. Santa Fe has the posts that no one can match up against but their guards are the question mark. Sewell will post up and plays hard every night. How will they handle the press? That could decide their fate in the district and definately their fate in the region.

2. Cornersville - Their guards are the strength of the team although Sarah King looked like she had a great game against MTCS. Sarah Nelms is a tough guard that can play and you know Landers will have them ready come tournament time. Post play is their big question mark. How far can the press and coaching carry you?

2. Moore County - As stated earlier on another topic this is a very young team with a new coach. They will have their ups and downs. Pincheon could be the best guard in the district if she comes to play night in and night out. The youngsters look like they may be the real deal. They have played a lot of basketball and when they jell with the older girls they should be a force come tournament time. I believe these three teams all beat up on one another during the regular season and that is why I have them tied for second place. Not sure either of the three will make much noise at the region tournament.

By the way Vegas that little icon at the top right with the ABC is called spell check please try it sometime. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Undefeated regular season??? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I guess you don't count that game at Richland.

I did not realize Richland had all of a sudden become part of our "regular season" games, as a matter of fact I thought that was a 'Thanksgiving Tournament' and it wasn't at Richland it was at Forrest....... come on now JustDaFacts you had better get your facts straight..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And as far as pressuring Wesson in order to win, you are wrong, Wesson can handle the ball with the best of them and will be playing at the next level. Watch more tapes than last years State game before you make negative statements about our players..... as a matter of fact negative statements about these young ballplayers don't belong on here anyway....you can make your predictions without that....and our bench has more experience than a lot of starters on other teams.....Thank You! Good luck to your team this season and as always....GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!

I did not realize Richland had all of a sudden become part of our "regular season" games, as a matter of fact I thought that was a 'Thanksgiving Tournament' and it wasn't at Richland it was at Forrest....... come on now JustDaFacts you had better get your facts straight..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And as far as pressuring Wesson in order to win, you are wrong, Wesson can handle the ball with the best of them and will be playing at the next level. Watch more tapes than last years State game before you make negative statements about our players..... as a matter of fact negative statements about these young ballplayers don't belong on here anyway....you can make your predictions without that....and our bench has more experience than a lot of starters on other teams.....Thank You! Good luck to your team this season and as always....GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!

Van Buren will not take anything away from any of the players from Forrest. We know we will have a battle on our hands Friday night. Aunt Kim, good luck, hope to see you at the game, looking for a big crowd, get there early.

I think that how VB plays will set the pace for their season in the district Friday night. The girls started out the season very strong, but have not played as well as a team the past few games. They are capable of going a long way if they will all play. I think that Friday night will set the pace for their district season. I wouldn't want to be on the receieving end of what they are capable of. I hope they give it to Forrest. It will be a very good game and one that should be a very well matched group of teams. I am sure that the MOUNTAIN will be there in full force supporting both our boys and girls teams.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Sorry to tell you Aunt Kim but those games do count as regular season games. You may be undefeated in the District.

Whoops, I thought District games were regular season games /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Also did not realize Tournament games were "regular season" games either....never to old to learn something new...Sorry, should have said undefeated in the District twas what I meant /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Uh justdafacts, if I remember correctly, Dukes at the Forrest game was shut down inside by a sophomore. And as for Glidden, she is the real deal, but when pressured, she's shut down too. It's all about coaching and pressure defense that wins games. It's not like Richland blowed out Forrest. As a matter of fact, there was only a 5 pt difference. If Forrest guards were hitting their shots, it's a different story. But you know, every game can be what if'd.