LC Football

Falcon1997

As a former player I am very disappointed in our program. Coach T's disapline is not even close to what it once was, he had players that gave everything they had to him and then some just dragged them down. When I played I respected that man like a dad as did the other players, that don't seem to be the case. Players use to be held responsible for their actions that is not the case anymore. Our program has went down hill for the past 10 yrs. since Dan Winfree and Don Thomas left. In the past Coach T's teams may not been the most talented teams in the state but played on heart, disapline, conditoning, and fundamentals. I attended a Marshall County game where Coach Thomas is the head coach and that folks is hoew you manage a football team, when players come off the field there respective coach gathers them up and COACH not just watch them WALK OFF the field in the past ypu would never see a lc player walk off the field. Coach T is a great coach but until the school system gets off their rears and try to pay to get Coach T a offensive coach the results on offense will be the same. When Thomas and Winfree was there practice was the same if Coach was not there or if he was, he could pay consentrate on the important things during practice like disapline, he needs help because he is carrying the whole them on his shoulders not being able to take care of business When he had a coach calling the plays with his help here and there the offense clicked more even when Winfree left they has some sucsess with Evans calling the plays. With that all said until he restores disapline and the school board quits being greed to hire him some help we will continue to struggle. If anyone gets a chance check out Marshall County and Don Thomas he in my opinion is one of the best, unreal how he can motivate kids to play.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former player I am very disappointed in our program. Coach T's disapline is not even close to what it once was, he had players that gave everything they had to him and then some just dragged them down. When I played I respected that man like a dad as did the other players, that don't seem to be the case. Players use to be held responsible for their actions that is not the case anymore. Our program has went down hill for the past 10 yrs. since Dan Winfree and Don Thomas left. In the past Coach T's teams may not been the most talented teams in the state but played on heart, disapline, conditoning, and fundamentals. I attended a Marshall County game where Coach Thomas is the head coach and that folks is hoew you manage a football team, when players come off the field there respective coach gathers them up and COACH not just watch them WALK OFF the field in the past ypu would never see a lc player walk off the field. Coach T is a great coach but until the school system gets off their rears and try to pay to get Coach T a offensive coach the results on offense will be the same. When Thomas and Winfree was there practice was the same if Coach was not there or if he was, he could pay consentrate on the important things during practice like disapline, he needs help because he is carrying the whole them on his shoulders not being able to take care of business When he had a coach calling the plays with his help here and there the offense clicked more even when Winfree left they has some sucsess with Evans calling the plays. With that all said until he restores disapline and the school board quits being greed to hire him some help we will continue to struggle. If anyone gets a chance check out Marshall County and Don Thomas he in my opinion is one of the best, unreal how he can motivate kids to play.

Are you serious? were you ever on the field with us NO were you ever in the locker room with us NO... and 1997? how many people will remember you? WE WON region we will go down in the books just like the 03 team... i know i can speak for me as well as the rest of the seniors leaving, we respected the heck out of coach T. He was like our father and he treated us as such. And Winfree never heard of him you sure you didnt mean Winsett? We play our game with all of our heart and pride and it shows... By the way ever heard of spell check or a dictionary?

I know us fans are getting frustrated because LC hasn't won state in 14 years, it frustrates me too. But I was very proud of the team this year. They won the region for the first time since '03 (I think). They beat a pretty dadgum good Lebanon team before running into the defending 5A champs from Smyrna. They also beat a pretty dadgum good Coffee County team to win the region.

We all know that when it comes down to playoff time, it's tough to compete with the teams from M'boro/Nashville. They have sooooo much talent to pick from.

Coach T may need some help, but there is no doubt that he is a great coach, and knows more about football than most of us will ever dream of knowing. I have questioned him, and probably run him into the ground too, because sometimes it just doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, but we don't always know what's going on in the background. A play that doesn't work can look like the worst idea in the world, but they have watched film and know the tendencies of the other teams, and if that play works, Coach looks like a genius.

FF07, I know who you are, and I think you did a great job this year, and you don't deserve all the crap you're reading on here. Every one of you should hold your heads high. Y'all did a great job this year. I have a son that plays for LC, and I know for a fact that he respects and listens to Coach T more than he does me. That hurts a little, but I played sports, I know how it is. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> By the way, off topic, are you hearing from any colleges?

Anyway, LC will be fine. They would really benefit from reclassification. In my opinion, they either need to be 4A, or Tennessee needs to create a 6A as Alabama did several years ago. It's hard to compete with schools that have 1.5+ times the enrollment, which equates to more athletes to pick from.

I know us fans are getting frustrated because LC hasn't won state in 14 years, it frustrates me too. But I was very proud of the team this year. They won the region for the first time since '03 (I think). They beat a pretty dadgum good Lebanon team before running into the defending 5A champs from Smyrna. They also beat a pretty dadgum good Coffee County team to win the region.

We all know that when it comes down to playoff time, it's tough to compete with the teams from M'boro/Nashville. They have sooooo much talent to pick from.

Coach T may need some help, but there is no doubt that he is a great coach, and knows more about football than most of us will ever dream of knowing. I have questioned him, and probably run him into the ground too, because sometimes it just doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, but we don't always know what's going on in the background. A play that doesn't work can look like the worst idea in the world, but they have watched film and know the tendencies of the other teams, and if that play works, Coach looks like a genius.

FF07, I know who you are, and I think you did a great job this year, and you don't deserve all the crap you're reading on here. Every one of you should hold your heads high. Y'all did a great job this year. I have a son that plays for LC, and I know for a fact that he respects and listens to Coach T more than he does me. That hurts a little, but I played sports, I know how it is. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> By the way, off topic, are you hearing from any colleges?

Anyway, LC will be fine. They would really benefit from reclassification. In my opinion, they either need to be 4A, or Tennessee needs to create a 6A as Alabama did several years ago. It's hard to compete with schools that have 1.5+ times the enrollment, which equates to more athletes to pick from.

Um you may have me confused with somebody lol... im #49 i was a reciever. Now our QB is Falconfootball

DISCIPLINE is also what they should be instilling in the spelling classes there.

Coach T is a legend and playing for him was wonderful. Maybe some of the play calling wasn't the best but the coaches try just as hard as the players to win. I just hate seeing all the people that are suppose to support us come on here to talk about us. The players in the lockeroom this year were the closet bunch of guys I have been with since I have played at LC. When people come on here and talk about how we where three different teams and that we didnt like each other and didn't play as a team. It upsets us players because we know that is not true. Falcon1997 I know you played for LC and everything and its amazing how you as alumni for the Falcons can come on here and degrade our program. OUR PLAYERS WERE A TEAM AND VERY CLOSE THIS YEAR, which is why I believe that we won the region because we definately did not have outrageous talent but we did have heart...and if all of these people who think think they know everything were not in the lockeroom then there is no way of them knowing how we felt towards each other. We ALL respected Coach T because that is something he demands and he has not changed as far as that goes..

Coach T is a legend with much deserved respect from all over the state and country. Its a shame you came on here and just insulted everything he as worked for and the people that he works for. In some ways it looks like you are trying to get him some help, but in other ways it appears you want him gone.

LC had a great season this year. Did it go all the way? No, but neither did any of your teams, if you graduated in 97. Coach must be getting some things right. He is still putting quality teams on the field.

Sorry if I insulted anyone but I was stating what I seen from the stands, Coach T is a great coach just needs some help to take some of the weight off his shoulders again I am sorry, and this is my last post on this topic

You started it but yet won't make more than two posts? You typed such a novel to begin this thread that you should have had time to rethink your ludicrous comments. You should have known you were going into a hornets nest. Lincoln County is extremely lucky to have the stability and quality coaching that coach Thompson provides. Coffee County hasn't even won a region championship. ... If I remember correctly it wasn't all that long ago, 2003 I believe, that Lincoln County beat Riverdale in the regular season and went toe-to-toe with them in the playoffs.

Let's look at the 29 seasons Lincoln County has fielded a football team. In the first 20 seasons L.C. had 10 seasons in which they won 9+ games. They also won 3 state titles and were contenders for 3 or 4 more but did not make it to the championship game. The last 9 years has seen the Falcons only win 9+ games in 2 seasons and no state titles and really only had a shot at one, which was in 2003.

Now, I have been one of the Falcons' biggest supporters over the last 13 years and I have kept up with them since the '82 season. I have seen a lot of change in the way some of the players conduct themselves on the field in the last 5 or 6 years. I don't know what goes on when the players are off the field but I do hear a lot of talk from some very relibale people.

It seems to me like a few players, and I'm not calling names, are more worried about themselves than they are about the team. In the first 20 years ,the young men that played for L.C. looked like a single unit when they came out for warmups, when they went back to the locker room, when they came out to start the game and any other time they were on the field. The last 9 years, like someone else posted, they have looked like 2 or 3 different teams.

And I have a question, if this team was so close, why were some of them fighting in or just outside their locker room before the game against Smyrna?

I don't want to offend anyone, but there is not to many people, that I talk to, that feels differently than I do. I just want to see the class put back in Lincoln County football.

Let's look at the 29 seasons Lincoln County has fielded a football team. In the first 20 seasons L.C. had 10 seasons in which they won 9+ games. They also won 3 state titles and were contenders for 3 or 4 more but did not make it to the championship game. The last 9 years has seen the Falcons only win 9+ games in 2 seasons and no state titles and really only had a shot at one, which was in 2003.

Now, I have been one of the Falcons' biggest supporters over the last 13 years and I have kept up with them since the '82 season. I have seen a lot of change in the way some of the players conduct themselves on the field in the last 5 or 6 years. I don't know what goes on when the players are off the field but I do hear a lot of talk from some very relibale people.

It seems to me like a few players, and I'm not calling names, are more worried about themselves than they are about the team. In the first 20 years ,the young men that played for L.C. looked like a single unit when they came out for warmups, when they went back to the locker room, when they came out to start the game and any other time they were on the field. The last 9 years, like someone else posted, they have looked like 2 or 3 different teams.

And I have a question, if this team was so close, why were some of them fighting in or just outside their locker room before the game against Smyrna?

I don't want to offend anyone, but there is not to many people, that I talk to, that feels differently than I do. I just want to see the class put back in Lincoln County football.

It's hard for me to pin that on coaching, kids now are quite a bit different in some respects when it comes to true dedication to a aport. And the way they act. Some of that points to coaching, a lot of that points to individual ego's usually stemming from big parent egos.

It's tough to get to the state championshp now. Perhaps, much tougher than it was 20 years ago. Especially since the Falcons are forced to go through the Rutherford County schools that simply have MORE athletes. Coffee County had seven straight 9 win seasons from 65-71 ... I know that's a little further back than what you're talking about, but that will never happen again in Manchester. Coffee County has the same type of athletes now that it did then, which simply does not compare with the Murfreesboro's of the world. Same for Lincoln County, except they do have more athletes.