10-AAA District Play

Costanza

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyones main problem is we are talking about Henry County way too much on here. I mean we are talking about a team that is going to be at the bottom spot. Like 6, 7.. something like that. Playing that cupcake schedule.. Lets just see after tuesday and see who wins the games.

Have you seen them play? They brought back everybody except one player from last year and they got NO Respect? Now I would agree that C'ville is the fave coming into the season and that Henry County has to earn its respect, but how can you pick this team to be dead last with so much experience coming in? Also it's a free board and we can discuss any team within 10AAA that we feel like talking about. If it's HC then its HC maybe next week it will be Rossview or Clarksville. I can't wait till Tuesday to begin finding out the pecking order of our district.

Finally I would not call some of the schools like Dyer Co and Liberty to be cupcakes. They scrimmaged both of those teams early before the season started and won. Lexington in recent history has been good,as has Westview and Waverly I would agree that this year they are down but these are teams we've played for years and can remember when they came in and spanked that booty. Not sure with whom your affiliated but I'll keep a close watch of ALL the teams in 10AAA and when HC surprises ya I'll just say Itold ya so!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would put my bank account on the fact that Henry Co will finish in the top 5...no way they will be 6 or 7---just won't! Promise you that.

Clarksville will beat NE

Rossview over Dickson

NW over Springfield

Henry Co. over Kenwood (but this will be a good game, because Kenwood is good not because Henry Co is bad)

Just shooting for one before xmas!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think everyones main problem is we are talking about Henry County way too much on here. I mean we are talking about a team that is going to be at the bottom spot. Like 6, 7.. something like that. Playing that cupcake schedule.. Lets just see after tuesday and see who wins the games.

I don't think anyone would mind if there were more fans from the other teams that showed up here every once and a while. Last couple of years, wasn't there a couple of guys from Springfield that posted quite regularly? Guess they're not fans of this years team. I remember seeing a couple of guys from Dickson last year, but they weren't regulars. Fortunately or unfortunately, most of the people on here seem to be from Henry County. If someone doesn't like being outnumbered, I suppose that someone could recruit some of his/her fellow fans to post as well. The more the merrier, as long as they aren't idiots.

Have you seen them play? They brought back everybody except one player from last year and they got NO Respect? Now I would agree that C'ville is the fave coming into the season and that Henry County has to earn its respect, but how can you pick this team to be dead last with so much experience coming in? Also it's a free board and we can discuss any team within 10AAA that we feel like talking about. If it's HC then its HC maybe next week it will be Rossview or Clarksville. I can't wait till Tuesday to begin finding out the pecking order of our district.

Finally I would not call some of the schools like Dyer Co and Liberty to be cupcakes. They scrimmaged both of those teams early before the season started and won. Lexington in recent history has been good,as has Westview and Waverly I would agree that this year they are down but these are teams we've played for years and can remember when they came in and spanked that booty. Not sure with whom your affiliated but I'll keep a close watch of ALL the teams in 10AAA and when HC surprises ya I'll just say Itold ya so!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree hc will sneak up on a lot of people and i think will be in top three in the disrict this year... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest Advisor

I never singled one player out, someone was a little touchy, I simply said that I heard some grumblings from some of my friends in Paris, and I do not even know any of the Patriot players, I would like to understand where your defensive stance came from, I did not say ONE negative word about a player or coach.

We know you are lying Fastcat.........you have NO friends in Paris!

What is yalls opinion on home court advantage in our district???

It's Paramount!!!!

All coaches have to figure out what lineups play the best together. John Wooden once said, that he seldom played his best 5 players at the same time. He said he wanted certain people on the bench to bring in for various reasons. Every team needs guys who understand and will play their roles. You don't want 5 guys on the floor at the same time thinking they need to be the only one shooting or passing. It takes a blend of the qualities along with many more qualities to come up with a championship team. Any coach with his salt knows this. Very few fans do however. The coaches who can make their teams understand this will always compete. More than likely most great teams have this. Think about the Celtics and John Havlicek He was an all-star and didn't start. Auerbach must have been an idiot or playing favorites. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> (Someone please explain to all those confused what was meant by reference to the Celtics.) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Again this will be a very interesting year in this district. Noone goes undefeated!!!! I'll guarantee that!!! May the games begin!!

What you say makes a lot of sense, however John Havlicek did play more than 6 minutes a ball game, and this politics you speak of, I am not claiming any politics, I have just heard that the best athlete that Henry county has, is not playing, from what I have heard, he was one of the best players on the team last year and spent more time on the bench than the floor, and from what I hear, this young man is a hard working man with a great attitude. I hear that when players make mistakes like turning the ball over they get taken out, unless there is a little blood similarities. I know that all coaches want to win, but I also know that all parents see their child differently than everyone else. I am done talking about this matter because, I do not have a ball in this court.