Dyer County Coach

nebuntyn

To all Dyer County fans, let me let you in on a little secret, Dyer County will not win a state championship this year. Here are a few reasons why! Your coach cries to much and that rubs off on the players, in his eye there is never a correct call. 2.) You can't press your way to a championship. 3.) Your half court defense and offense is not real good. 4.) Your overall schedule is pretty weak, not to mention your district is absolutely weak. 5.) You have to play good defense. I will give you credit you are averaging right around eighty five or ninety points per game, but your opponents will probably average about 80 points per game also. you are not going to shoot well everynight, sometimes good defense creates offense. Some of your fans were excited about stopping Lexington, Wow! big bad Lexington. A high powered offense with no defense will never win a championship. Example- Sacremento Kings 2002- 2003 Indianapolis Colts, until last year when they learned how to play defense. Phoenix Suns the last three years etc. Dyer County does not have a killer instinct. Yes I am a Liberty fan, but we have never blamed the refs for our weaknesses, we took our lumps and learned from them. Our coaching staff has instilled in our players that they can beat anybody, and the players believe that. our coaching staff does not constantly complain about the refs in front of the players, because the players will then look for excuses. Believing you can win is eighty percent of the victory. Dyer County here is a piece of advice, if you don't improve your overall game, the only trip you will make to the Boro, will be on your personal time. Dyer County you are not ready!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To all Dyer County fans, let me let you in on a little secret, Dyer County will not win a state championship this year. Here are a few reasons why! Your coach cries to much and that rubs off on the players, in his eye there is never a correct call. 2.) You can't press your way to a championship. 3.) Your half court defense and offense is not real good. 4.) Your overall schedule is pretty weak, not to mention your district is absolutely weak. 5.) You have to play good defense. I will give you credit you are averaging right around eighty five or ninety points per game, but your opponents will probably average about 80 points per game also. you are not going to shoot well everynight, sometimes good defense creates offense. Some of your fans were excited about stopping Lexington, Wow! big bad Lexington. A high powered offense with no defense will never win a championship. Example- Sacremento Kings 2002- 2003 Indianapolis Colts, until last year when they learned how to play defense. Phoenix Suns the last three years etc. Dyer County does not have a killer instinct. Yes I am a Liberty fan, but we have never blamed the refs for our weaknesses, we took our lumps and learned from them. Our coaching staff has instilled in our players that they can beat anybody, and the players believe that. our coaching staff does not constantly complain about the refs in front of the players, because the players will then look for excuses. Believing you can win is eighty percent of the victory. Dyer County here is a piece of advice, if you don't improve your overall game, the only trip you will make to the Boro, will be on your personal time. Dyer County you are not ready!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What a complete idiot you are!!!! They played at the boro last season. I definitely could see them returning to play. Will they win? They could, but that is a long ways off for any team at this time. Very few teams play any harder than DC. It is obvious you have an axe to grind. DC has one of the top coaches in Tn. They some of the top players in class 2. They can't control their district. I am not from Liberty and have seen some of the best teams for over 30 years. DC could win it all. Yes, I saw the game you say DC is complaining about. It was a tragedy that Liberty had to win like that. The game was very poorly officiated. DC had players removed from the game with only 3 fouls because of incompetence at the scorer's table(hopefully it was a mistake). It was obvious to anyone who knows the game and was not biased that DC got the shaft and was very rudely treated. So cheer for your team and don't put down others. You need to realize that when you favor one team as you do (and that is fine) that things might not always be exactly the way they seem. It is always easy to see your team in the best light! Good luck to Liberty and DC!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Since Liberty had to come from behind, after trailing late, - to beat DC - at their own house, does not speak very highly of Liberty. I don't have a dog in this race, but I am familar with both DC and Liberty and they both have very good teams IMO, and both could go to the 'boro in March (although that is a long time from now).

I agree your post about whining/complaining by the coach rubs off on the players (and fans), and is not an effective way to teach or lead, but I have not seen this from the DC coach. (I did not see the DC/Liberty game so i can't comment on it).

Do you feel better now Nebuntyn?

WOW!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Looks like someone wants to get on the Choctaw Christmas Card List !! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

According to these WORDS of Wisdom (and keep in mind, I'll be very Sarcastic here) then DC shouldn't even take the floor anymore. They play in a weak district ,, OH MY !! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" This person has already made this determination in all of Two weeks of the 2007-08 season..

OH WHAT WILL THEY DO NOW!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I am sitting here lauging at you (Liberty Fan), you are entited to your opinion but to come on this board 2 weeks into the season and make such a statement is pretty far fetched and not real smart. Yes, you beat DC but the season is still young a lot can happen between now and March to both of your teams. They (I am a Trojan fan as in Dyersburg Trojan) have a great coach who has brough alot to their program, yes he might complained and whine but what coach doesn't, I think I notice Dexter Williams getting a little irate at time during games if he hasn't believe me before March he will. You might wonder what do I have to do with this well even though the Choctaws are our bitter bitter rivals.... us Dyer countians have each other backs....... So you just keep your head stuck in that hole that you have it in and watch those Choctaws sneak up on you, we will see who will be using their PERSONAL TIME to visit the state tournament........ I mean you all have one of the best teams in years you win a state title or two and now you can go around and belittle everyone else......

Your analogies were taken into consideration until you admited that you were a "Liberty Fan" (We ALL know that Liberty (Holier Than Thou) are Choctaw haters) ! But ........ remember this, it is early & there is plenty of time for improvement in the areas that you indicated as Choctaw weaknesses ! We at D.C. could care less about Liberty or their opinions of our basketball team. Because quite frankly everyone knows what opinions are (and yours stink!) like and yours are completely biased as well as worthless since the final score (games) & record (season) is what really matters. The Choctaws are playing against other basketball teams & not your opinins or analogies ! Tend to Liberty issues & just hide & watch the Choctaws ! They will be fine !

I am sitting here lauging at you (Liberty Fan), you are entited to your opinion but to come on this board 2 weeks into the season and make such a statement is pretty far fetched and not real smart. Yes, you beat DC but the season is still young a lot can happen between now and March to both of your teams. They (I am a Trojan fan as in Dyersburg Trojan) have a great coach who has brough alot to their program, yes he might complained and whine but what coach doesn't, I think I notice Dexter Williams getting a little irate at time during games if he hasn't believe me before March he will. You might wonder what do I have to do with this well even though the Choctaws are our bitter bitter rivals.... us Dyer countians have each other backs....... So you just keep your head stuck in that hole that you have it in and watch those Choctaws sneak up on you, we will see who will be using their PERSONAL TIME to visit the state tournament........ I mean you all have one of the best teams in years you win a state title or two and now you can go around and belittle everyone else......

I'm "ALL IN" on havin each other's backs ! Thanks for the support ! Some self proclaimed experts as the one above spout off about teams & coaches that are NONE of their concern ............... go figure ! Must not be enough around Liberty to talk about ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> D.C. seems to be "roundin' the corner in all sports so now they can't beat us up for being the "Keepers of the Cellar" ! GO CHOCTAWS and this one's for you NO.1TROJAN ! GO TROJANS !

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What a complete idiot you are!!!! They played at the boro last season. I definitely could see them returning to play. Will they win? They could, but that is a long ways off for any team at this time. Very few teams play any harder than DC. It is obvious you have an axe to grind. DC has one of the top coaches in Tn. They some of the top players in class 2. They can't control their district. I am not from Liberty and have seen some of the best teams for over 30 years. DC could win it all. Yes, I saw the game you say DC is complaining about. It was a tragedy that Liberty had to win like that. The game was very poorly officiated. DC had players removed from the game with only 3 fouls because of incompetence at the scorer's table(hopefully it was a mistake). It was obvious to anyone who knows the game and was not biased that DC got the shaft and was very rudely treated. So cheer for your team and don't put down others. You need to realize that when you favor one team as you do (and that is fine) that things might not always be exactly the way they seem. It is always easy to see your team in the best light! Good luck to Liberty and DC!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You must be from Dyer County, or you have a limited vocabulary. I will not lower myself to name calling, but I understand Dyer County is in the backwoods. I am from Indiana so I do know basketball. You just found out about basketball.

I Have seen a couple of Dyer County games this year, and the coach is a cry baby!

I Have seen a couple of Dyer County games this year, and the coach is a cry baby!

Nebuntyn,

Dexter is not a cry baby at the refs because he has them in his back pocket. The Dyer Co./Liberty game was rigged. The scorekeeper is incompetent even Dexter will say so. She could not keep the score correct if the final score was 2-0. When a player fouls out with 4 fouls, YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!! Just becuase Liberty has won two state titles in the past two years does not mean that Liberty is the basketball powerhouse is the West. Dyer County has a much more storied tradition. And if you remember, North Side was the first boys team from Jackson to make the state championship and we did it in Class AAA. We also did it bak-to-back years but ran into powerhouses White Station and Ridgeway. Don't get too cocky Liberty because you are not the bast around.