Warren County

14pioneers

What has happened to our team since our win over Lebanon ?? Can we possibly play a complete game against Cookeville tommorrow night ?

That'd be a resounding YES. Great effort vs. the Cavs, only to fall short in DOUBLE OT 83-77. Four starters fouled out for WC, including Weir on some questionable player control calls. Got to hit those freebies, Pioneers, but way to put up a great fight.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i seem to be fallin short in my prediction that WC is goin to place in 6th this year but i still think they could pull of the upset in they somehow snuck into 7th

I think that it is locked up know that Warren Co. will Travel to White Co. for the first round of the district tourney.

Warren Co. showed some heart last night and played a good game. Some questionable calls late in the game but as SportsEd said couldn't hit the free throws. If we were able to hit from the charity strip we should have won in single overtime but we didn't. Keep playing hard boys!!

Good Luck to the Frosh boys tonight!!!

The freshmen season ended last night. Lost to Riverdale by 20. They played hard and were only down by 4 at the half. Riverdale has a very good defense with alot of quick players and the Pioneers gave it all they had. Pioneers improved alot over the season and should be proud of what they accomplished.

The freshmen season ended last night. Lost to Riverdale by 20. They played hard and were only down by 4 at the half. Riverdale has a very good defense with alot of quick players and the Pioneers gave it all they had. Pioneers improved alot over the season and should be proud of what they accomplished.

That is too bad they lost, I am proud of those boys. We have some talent coming up lets just hope they can all stay together.

That is too bad they lost, I am proud of those boys. We have some talent coming up lets just hope they can all stay together.

Talent yes just no coaching! Can't understand why the powers that be only are looking at the football program to make changes too?? Seems to me their record is better than the Smiths???

Dude, what is your problem with the Smith's?

I have no problem with them except their record since they have been here and the fact that they seem to be in over their head for the district WC is in. Really the basketball program both boys and girls seem to be in a lost worst shape than the football program. But I am open to hear your opinion of what postives you can say about the Smith's and why they should stay??? Let's not forget they only have a 3 year contract which ends this year.... tell me what you see that should keep them here...

I have no problem with them except their record since they have been here and the fact that they seem to be in over their head for the district WC is in. Really the basketball program both boys and girls seem to be in a lost worst shape than the football program. But I am open to hear your opinion of what postives you can say about the Smith's and why they should stay??? Let's not forget they only have a 3 year contract which ends this year.... tell me what you see that should keep them here...

Their is a difference in the football program and the basketball program. They play in completely different leagues. The football program competes in the weakest 5A region in the state. They beat Cumberland Co. (with 3A enrollment since the split with Stone Memorial) and Franklin County to make the play-offs as a 4 seed. And that is good for WC since it has not been long since the multiple 0-10 seasons. But lets not put the Pioneer football team in the Top tier programs just yet. The basketball program is struggling to win in its league, but at least it is playing against good teams within its league. The basketball team does need to beat Dekalb Co. and Cannon Co. consistently. But after 3 years, why would you start over again. Are the Smith's working at it? Are they trying to build a better program with the young kids in the community? If you asked the coaches in District 7AAA, they would say that the talent level at Warren County is below average. They don't have very many athletes COMPARED to the teams in their league. In Warren County's better years, the talent level to most 7AAA teams is close. The murfreesboro schools have better talent every year. How did the football program fare when they were playing against the Murfreesboro schools a few years ago? 0-10. Sounds like the basketball program needs a league change more than a coaching change. It worked for the football program.