Warren County

14pioneers

Their is a difference in the football program and the basketball program. They play in completely different leagues. The football program competes in the weakest 5A region in the state. They beat Cumberland Co. (with 3A enrollment since the split with Stone Memorial) and Franklin County to make the play-offs as a 4 seed. And that is good for WC since it has not been long since the multiple 0-10 seasons. But lets not put the Pioneer football team in the Top tier programs just yet. The basketball program is struggling to win in its league, but at least it is playing against good teams within its league. The basketball team does need to beat Dekalb Co. and Cannon Co. consistently. But after 3 years, why would you start over again. Are the Smith's working at it? Are they trying to build a better program with the young kids in the community? If you asked the coaches in District 7AAA, they would say that the talent level at Warren County is below average. They don't have very many athletes COMPARED to the teams in their league. In Warren County's better years, the talent level to most 7AAA teams is close. The murfreesboro schools have better talent every year. How did the football program fare when they were playing against the Murfreesboro schools a few years ago? 0-10. Sounds like the basketball program needs a league change more than a coaching change. It worked for the football program.

First of all let me say I totally understand the different divisions the football and basketball programs are in and I also understand M'boro has alot of talent, however, White County seems to be able to compete with these M'boro schools. I don't think it is fair to blame these kids saying they are not as talented. Not many schools M'boro or other powerhouses have a 6'10" or taller kid. I also can remember back about 2 years ago when the basketball program had alot of talent on the team and couldn't compete so what was the problem then since, in your opinion, its not the Smiths. Futhermore, it has been mentioned many times about the freshmen basketball team and the middle school basketball team and all the talent on those two teams you think these kids too will not be able to compete??? I can assure you the basketball program will NOT change leagues because that would put Coach Eades playing teams like Shelbyville..... it will never happen!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can assure you the basketball program will NOT change leagues because that would put Coach Eades playing teams like Shelbyville..... it will never happen!

That is not necessarily true and I have posted this before many times, the TSSAA is looking at restructuring the districts in '09-'10 school year, and rumor has it the district Warren Co. will be in will look like this.

Cumberland Co.

Stone Memorial

Cookeville

White Co.

Warren Co.

Coffee Co.

Tullahoma

Franklin Co.

They are trying to get the schools to play the same teams in all sports. Will it look like this it is unsure but time will tell.

Their is a difference in the football program and the basketball program. They play in completely different leagues. The football program competes in the weakest 5A region in the state. They beat Cumberland Co. (with 3A enrollment since the split with Stone Memorial) and Franklin County to make the play-offs as a 4 seed. And that is good for WC since it has not been long since the multiple 0-10 seasons. But lets not put the Pioneer football team in the Top tier programs just yet. The basketball program is struggling to win in its league, but at least it is playing against good teams within its league. The basketball team does need to beat Dekalb Co. and Cannon Co. consistently. But after 3 years, why would you start over again. Are the Smith's working at it? Are they trying to build a better program with the young kids in the community? If you asked the coaches in District 7AAA, they would say that the talent level at Warren County is below average. They don't have very many athletes COMPARED to the teams in their league. In Warren County's better years, the talent level to most 7AAA teams is close. The murfreesboro schools have better talent every year. How did the football program fare when they were playing against the Murfreesboro schools a few years ago? 0-10. Sounds like the basketball program needs a league change more than a coaching change. It worked for the football program.

So what happened against Dekalb last night??? WC talent??? WAKE UP PEOPLE!! Sure hope that league change you want isn't going to have us playing Dekalb /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That is not necessarily true and I have posted this before many times, the TSSAA is looking at restructuring the districts in '09-'10 school year, and rumor has it the district Warren Co. will be in will look like this.

Cumberland Co.

Stone Memorial

Cookeville

White Co.

Warren Co.

Coffee Co.

Tullahoma

Franklin Co.

They are trying to get the schools to play the same teams in all sports. Will it look like this it is unsure but time will tell.

I am glad Lincoln County and Lawrence CO. is not on that list, they would be monstrous road trips, Myself ,I hope we remain in the district we are in. I enjoy watching the Boro teams and Lebanon. As soon as we can hire first rate coaches like (Luna, Kiel) we will be fine in any district. I would say that coach Smith has had this team playing better ,at times, But after this year, his work will really begin. We lose our scoring and rebounding and next year could be real ugly. The jury is still out with me on coach smith, his contract is up, but how in the world can you fire coach smith and leave the girls program as is ? Answer !! you can't , so he will be back as will coach Eades on the ladies side.

First of all let me say I totally understand the different divisions the football and basketball programs are in and I also understand M'boro has alot of talent, however, White County seems to be able to compete with these M'boro schools. I don't think it is fair to blame these kids saying they are not as talented. Not many schools M'boro or other powerhouses have a 6'10" or taller kid. I also can remember back about 2 years ago when the basketball program had alot of talent on the team and couldn't compete so what was the problem then since, in your opinion, its not the Smiths. Futhermore, it has been mentioned many times about the freshmen basketball team and the middle school basketball team and all the talent on those two teams you think these kids too will not be able to compete??? I can assure you the basketball program will NOT change leagues because that would put Coach Eades playing teams like Shelbyville..... it will never happen!

If we are to achieve as White Co. has in basketball we must restructure the whole program. Coaching changes alone will not solve the problems. If someone is serious in restructuring the program then yes let's change coaches if not then it doesn't matter.

I am glad Lincoln County and Lawrence CO. is not on that list, they would be monstrous road trips, Myself ,I hope we remain in the district we are in. I enjoy watching the Boro teams and Lebanon. As soon as we can hire first rate coaches like (Luna, Kiel) we will be fine in any district. I would say that coach Smith has had this team playing better ,at times, But after this year, his work will really begin. We lose our scoring and rebounding and next year could be real ugly. The jury is still out with me on coach smith, his contract is up, but how in the world can you fire coach smith and leave the girls program as is ? Answer !! you can't , so he will be back as will coach Eades on the ladies side.

I agree, I like the district as is but I know the TSSAA will be looking to try to get these district to be more geographically balanced. I do hope that if those teams leave 7-AAA that Oakland can schedule a home and home with them because genuinely enjoy going to all of those places.

Your right about Coach Eades! I talked to a school board member the other day and was told that there were going to be some changes made in regards to the basketball program. I asked him how I could help that to happen and was told everyone needs to call Jerry Hale and voice our opinion on both boys and girls programs.........so I know what I am doing this week.......

I agree, I like the district as is but I know the TSSAA will be looking to try to get these district to be more geographically balanced. I do hope that if those teams leave 7-AAA that Oakland can schedule a home and home with them because genuinely enjoy going to all of those places.

I couldn't agree with you more "OP", I personally enjoy the talent level the "BORO" brings into Warren County even though we don't match-up with them on a yearly basis. But for me , it's enjoyable to see good talent on the floor, and I for one, truly believe that Warren County with their 2,000 student body, should be able to compete on a yearly basis. Sparta does with alot less students, and basically the same type of athletes. Always good hearing from you "OP".

Your right about Coach Eades! I talked to a school board member the other day and was told that there were going to be some changes made in regards to the basketball program. I asked him how I could help that to happen and was told everyone needs to call Jerry Hale and voice our opinion on both boys and girls programs.........so I know what I am doing this week.......

With the season over and done , I would just like to take time and thank "Phoenix", Nitro 14", :sportsfan 12", "Mcthirty" and everyone else who took time and posted on this thread this year. Are changes coming ?? I wouldn't bet on it !!

With the season over and done , I would just like to take time and thank "Phoenix", Nitro 14", :sportsfan 12", "Mcthirty" and everyone else who took time and posted on this thread this year. Are changes coming ?? I wouldn't bet on it !!

Agian, I'll say that changes are definitely needed on the girls end. But, I'm nowhere near believing the boys coaching staff needs to be new.

I will agree with 14 and say thanks to everyone's opinions this year.