Smyrna vs. Independence

I will say this. Looking at it frame by frame, his right foot could possibly be dragging, or down, but it's hard to tell from the video. If not, his first step is definitely on the white line. Either way, it definitely wasn't a touchdown, as he stepped out first at the 12, again at the 10, then again at the 8 1/2 before coming back in.

I don't know what the situation was, 4th down, time expired, etc. ?

But at bang-bang full speed, that's a tough call to make either way, and I would say it would be hard to call it bad officiating on that one call. Without seeing whether or not that right foot was dragging, it would be easy to call it out of bounds as that's where the next 3 steps were. 9 out of 10 refs would probably have called it that way.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this. Looking at it frame by frame, his right foot could possibly be dragging, or down, but it's hard to tell from the video. If not, his first step is definitely on the white line. Either way, it definitely wasn't a touchdown, as he stepped out first at the 12, again at the 10, then again at the 8 1/2 before coming back in.

I don't know what the situation was, 4th down, time expired, etc. ?

But at bang-bang full speed, that's a tough call to make either way, and I would say it would be hard to call it bad officiating on that one call. Without seeing whether or not that right foot was dragging, it would be easy to call it out of bounds as that's where the next 3 steps were. 9 out of 10 refs would probably have called it that way.

I don't really remember what the situation was on that play. In all honesty, the Bearden fans are probably more upset with the last onside kick. They are just throwing up all of these other "missed" calls as evidence that Smyrna "had" the refs in their pockets. However, I believe that their bench got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty after this play. I could be wrong, but I think it was after that play.

I thought this post was smyrna independence not BEARDEN WHINING PAGE.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

I agree with you there, there is ko whay that smyrna payed the ref's so back off bearden but i have to say that i was at that game and both teams played well, but just like then i know smyrna will pull this weekends game off also GO BULLDAWGS!

getting closer to game day...friday and saturday morning are gonna be nerve racking

That is the truth!!!

I have loved this team since the beginning.. from the 1-9 season to the near miss of the playoffs.. to watching these seniors take control of there final year...

I love this team... and these couple of days will be a blast!

That is the truth!!!

I have loved this team since the beginning.. from the 1-9 season to the near miss of the playoffs.. to watching these seniors take control of there final year...

I love this team... and these couple of days will be a blast!

i know what you mean..the shs team has changed me...i used to hate football...now im a die hard smyrna football fan....this last 48 min of football is gonna be great but nerve racking....

i know what you mean..the shs team has changed me...i used to hate football...now im a die hard smyrna football fan....this last 48 min of football is gonna be great but nerve racking....

It's been like that for us these last few weeks now. I don't think I was ever more nervous in my life at a football game than last friday. I have a feeling I'll be ten times as nervous saturday.

It's been like that for us these last few weeks now. I don't think I was ever more nervous in my life at a football game than last friday. I have a feeling I'll be ten times as nervous saturday.

i think we all will be......exspeacialy..(cant spell)...if its like bpth our games last week...down to the wire

i think we all will be......exspeacialy..(cant spell)...if its like bpth our games last week...down to the wire

I have a feeling that it will be down to the wire, these are two great teams. I went to the state title game last year, and I honestly think that the crowd will be larger this year than it was last year. Indy brings a ton of people to games. Millington was rather surprised at our attendance turn out last week.