Smyrna vs. Independence

The stats based on their acomplishments say they should. Thats why we play the game. To see who can beat who, and who deserves to be where, but instead of stats and actually playing games maybe everyone should just start asking you for what should happen, and who should rank where. Wait why dont we just stop playing football all together, and just let you tell us whose going to win everything. Since you seem to know how things should be.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stats based on their acomplishments say they should. Thats why we play the game. To see who can beat who, and who deserves to be where, but instead of stats and actually playing games maybe everyone should just start asking you for what should happen, and who should rank where. Wait why dont we just stop playing football all together, and just let you tell us whose going to win everything. Since you seem to know how things should be.

ha you get so frustrated lol... i'm not saying i know everything at all but we did play the game and we killed indy. I also play in region 4 and I know indy couldn't compete there.

The bottom line is this:

Indy is a top 5 team in 5A.

They would beat most teams in region 4.

If you don't make it to the state finals, you don't rank at the top.

Regular season polls mean nothing, playoffs define a team.

Smyrna is to be congratulated for back to back championships, but there's no need to disrespect your opponent and say that the bad teams of your district could thrash Indy. Siegel, Lebanon, LaVergne, etc would all lose to Indy. Indy isn't region 6 champs for a reason! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and yes, region 6 is a powerful district. Why just last year I think a 7-3 record didn't even get you a PLAYOFF berth. Lebanon and Gallatin didn't even have winning RECORDS and made the playoffs this year. Just stating fact, friends. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The reality is that Indy wouldn't even make the playoffs in our region. Look at Lavergne and Siegel... didn't make the playoffs but would beat indy and would make the playoffs in any other region. Indy got the wins they needed in their weak region and then when they played us they choked and showed the team they really are.

Language. Read the rules..

Amen Bulldog! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CoachT, shut this thread down please, so Ringworm and SHS908 will spend more time celebrating their win instead of hanging out in a CoachT Forum. How sad is that? You win a Gold Ball and you spend more time trying to win the "Gold" competing in the CoachT Forum Special Olympics.

Smyrna has the Gold

Indy has the Silver

The rest of 5A, INCLUDING Region 4 teams that are SO MUCH better than Indy, well...WHO CARES!!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Indy would not even make the playoffs in region 4 5a, let alone make it as far as they did in their region. They would not even make my top fifteen.

It's a good thing the weather was good last Saturday night, otherwise your little tail would have been cold standing on the sideline all game. Your team won, but your still a LOSER. Get used to wearing that ring because that's the closest you'll ever get to a girlfriend.

I really hate to see what this thread has turned into. I was irritated at how the Smyrna vs. Bearden thread ended up and I am feeling like this is getting close to that thread.

I am a Smyrna fan. I also believe that Indy needs to get their credit too. They made it to the championship game. They had to fight to get there too. They had to win playoff games and they did. They deserved to be there as much as Smyrna did. Smyrna won! I am not going to say that I am unhappy about it, I am not. I was cheering them on.

I also congratulate Indy on getting to the game. I am sorry some Smyrna fans feel the way they do. I think there are lots of different reasons for it. Sometimes when so many things get said before the game it gives people hard feelings. I am old enough to know that this is all talk and opinions. Some aren't. They'll learn.

I will say that I was a little irritated at some of Indy's tailgating fans. As I was parking to go to the game they noticed the vehicle decorated to support SHS and they were trash talking. I have a young son in car and I DID NOT appreciate it. I won't let them influence my opinion on all INDY fans though. Matter of fact, I had a extra ticket I had purchased at SHS and I gave it to a INDY fan as I was fixing to go in the stadium. I thought about waiting for a SHS fan but it was about teaching my son to be the bigger person.

Congrats to the SHS bulldogs! I am so proud of you all! Thanks for a great year! Enjoy the victory. Leave the trash talking to the others, your are better than that- prove it to everyone else!

Congrats to INDY! You won the games to get you there. you deserved to be there. No one can take that from you.

I hope we all get there again next year!

The bottom line is this:

Indy is a top 5 team in 5A.

They would beat most teams in region 4.

If you don't make it to the state finals, you don't rank at the top.

Regular season polls mean nothing, playoffs define a team.

Smyrna is to be congratulated for back to back championships, but there's no need to disrespect your opponent and say that the bad teams of your district could thrash Indy. Siegel, Lebanon, LaVergne, etc would all lose to Indy. Indy isn't region 6 champs for a reason! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> and yes, region 6 is a powerful district. Why just last year I think a 7-3 record didn't even get you a PLAYOFF berth. Lebanon and Gallatin didn't even have winning RECORDS and made the playoffs this year. Just stating fact, friends. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And i have played all the teams in Region 4 and some in Region 6, and Lavergne and Lseigal are bothe more physical and faster and have much more talent than Indy. But congrats on winning the "Sun Belt " conference