South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

Just curious, how is Sam Pickett not on your list. There is only one name up there who could even come close to being the back that Sam was, and thats your number 1.

Old Pirate says thanks diehard, Great that a jasper fan knows this kind of info. OP corrected the list. Just......too many..... licks to the head from the wife's frying pans. OP knew he was making a mistake but somehow forgot the little duece. He certainly deserves to be on the list.

Hey diehard, Old Pirate wonders (1.) if you ever saw Wigfall play? or simply just heard of his heroics on the gridiron? (2.) OP knows a lot of folks-fans-supporters, but few warrior fans are Bama fans, what's up with this? OP certainly hopes you're not one of those fans that their great grand pappy brain washed back in the Bear days.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says thanks diehard, Great that a jasper fan knows this kind of info. OP corrected the list. Just......too many..... licks to the head from the wife's frying pans. OP knew he was making a mistake but somehow forgot the little duece. He certainly deserves to be on the list.

Hey diehard, Old Pirate wonders (1.) if you ever saw Wigfall play? or simply just heard of his heroics on the gridiron? (2.) OP knows a lot of folks-fans-supporters, but few warrior fans are Bama fans, what's up with this? OP certainly hopes you're not one of those fans that their great grand pappy brain washed back in the Bear days.

I've only heard of "OLD" Jimmy Wigfall.

Are you an Alabama fan OP? I'm not a jasper fan either, I am a Marion County fan. Don't forget that a drought is due. If your knowledgeable, you know what I'm talking about.

I've only heard of "OLD" Jimmy Wigfall.

Are you an Alabama fan OP? I'm not a jasper fan either, I am a Marion County fan. Don't forget that a drought is due. If your knowledgeable, you know what I'm talking about.

Old Pirate says Wig was a great talent, anyone who watched him knew something great was going to happen on any given play. OP says heck NO, OP is a WAREAGLE fan. OP says you jasper folks are always trying to get above your raising. You know jasper will always be jasper to us other valley folks. Droughts...................................? yeh, OP knows of several. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

OP says you are obviously close to the warriors, just curious, how many 8th graders does coach Boeck have working out for the football team?

Old Pirate says Wig was a great talent, anyone who watched him knew something great was going to happen on any given play. OP says heck NO, OP is a WAREAGLE fan. OP says you jasper folks are always trying to get above your raising. You know jasper will always be jasper to us other valley folks. Droughts...................................? yeh, OP knows of several. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

OP says you are obviously close to the warriors, just curious, how many 8th graders does coach Boeck have working out for the football team?

For the record. I am only on a hate basis with South Pitt 1 day out of the year Heck I graduated from Marion County and Married a South Pitt girl. So none of my comments were aimed to insult.. Marion has about 20 8th graders out for workouts, and about 68 total. Thats almost doubled from this time last year. The attitude is great. Boeck is doing a super job recruiting the hallways. My best friend coaches at South Pitt right now. (Assistant BBALL ) But he ain't my friend on that friday, just like my wife ain't on that friday

Watch it OP...you may have to eat your words /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Wasn't the Bear that coach "owned" by the General? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> In fact the Bear hated playing the General because of the Single Wing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just curious, how is Sam Pickett not on your list. There is only one name up there who could even come close to being the back that Sam was, and thats your number 1.

I agree Sam Pickett should be on the list, but I saw many of those guys play and I don't think many teams would want to live on the difference. Some of those guys made their name against some tough competition like Bo Haden, Sisco, Lehr, Wigfall because they ran up some yards on some very good defenses.

BTW OP, you left out Chris Jones from your honarble mention list!!

I agree Sam Pickett should be on the list, but I saw many of those guys play and I don't think many teams would want to live on the difference. Some of those guys made their name against some tough competition like Bo Haden, Sisco, Lehr, Wigfall because they ran up some yards on some very good defenses.

BTW OP, you left out Chris Jones from your honarble mention list!!

Old Pirate says Chris could/should be mentioned ? His biggest fault is his teams weren't that good. OP remembers him as a straight ahead type runner without great speed but played with great heart.

OP can readily make a list of other fine runners pre-Wigfall, but most of these youngons would think OP is referring to someone.... like.... Jim Thorpe................ just most are still wet behind the ears.

OP says rlh,you do make a great observation in the fact that some RBs played against much tougher teams/ defenses back in the day. OP sees today SP teams playing less physical opponants as a whole.

Watch it OP...you may have to eat your words /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Old Pirate says Zone, you Bama boys know the Tigers own ya'll. Heck, they should arrest Saban for theft, Shula could have finished better than Bama and would have saved the boosters millions..........

Wasn't the Bear that coach "owned" by the General? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> In fact the Bear hated playing the General because of the Single Wing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

When Coach Bryant was at KY he was 0-5-1 against Coach Neyland. When Coach Bryant was at Bama they never played since he was there from 1958 to 1982 and Coach Neyland retired after the 1952 season. Coach Neyland was the only team to beat KY in Kentucky in 1950 when Coach Bryant went 11-1. Owned?? Scores were 7-0, 13-6, 0-0, 6-0, 7-0, 28-0, 14-14. Pretty close for a football team from KY. You think those two guys believed in defense????

Old Pirate says Zone, you Bama boys know the Tigers own ya'll. Heck, they should arrest Saban for theft, Shula could have finished better than Bama and would have saved the boosters millions..........

The boosters are very happy with the investment. Things will only get worse for Tubs and Phatamus

• 2 weeks later...

When Coach Bryant was at KY he was 0-5-1 against Coach Neyland. When Coach Bryant was at Bama they never played since he was there from 1958 to 1982 and Coach Neyland retired after the 1952 season. Coach Neyland was the only team to beat KY in Kentucky in 1950 when Coach Bryant went 11-1. Owned?? Scores were 7-0, 13-6, 0-0, 6-0, 7-0, 28-0, 14-14. Pretty close for a football team from KY. You think those two guys believed in defense????

The boosters are very happy with the investment. Things will only get worse for Tubs and Phatamus

at Neyland's retirement banquet in 1953, Bear Bryant muttered: "Thank God the old guy finally quit."

The Vols don't like kentucky anymore than the do bama or vandy.