What the heck is a "level playing field"

Baldcoach

How fair is it for teams like RBS to have to line up against FCS every year? I promise you FCS would compete against BA better than small schools like RBS could compete with FCS. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> But God forbid all the privates were made to play in ONE division! Then some of the so callled "smaller" private schools might just have a LOSING SEASON and we wouldn't want that to happen now would we?? Then and only then would the privates have an inkling of what the small public schools face game in and game out.

RBS gets killed by EVERYONE every year. You can't seriously think this is a good argument? If so, post the scores of the FCS/RBS for the last 5 years, then post the scores of the TC/RBS or Montery/RBS or Clay County/RBS games.

You can't make any argument by choosing the elite of one category and contrasting with the worst of another...surely you see that?

p.s. This last season RBS was beaten by more than 30 6 times. 5 were publics. In 2 games they were within 1 TD...Picket County and Mt. Juliet Christian. Seems to me they did a lot better vs. the small privates than the small publics they played. Aren't facts inconvenient?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How fair is it for teams like RBS to have to line up against FCS every year? I promise you FCS would compete against BA better than small schools like RBS could compete with FCS. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> But God forbid all the privates were made to play in ONE division! Then some of the so callled "smaller" private schools might just have a LOSING SEASON and we wouldn't want that to happen now would we?? Then and only then would the privates have an inkling of what the small public schools face game in and game out.

RBS is a very bad example. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

3) Everyone, not just Friendship, beats Red Boiling Springs. How well has Friendship done in the last 5 years against TC?

I have to agree with a later post. RBS is not the best example to have used. The door was left wide open. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

however, to give you an answer to #3.

2-2.. Didn't play in 04, due to being in AAA

RBS gets killed by EVERYONE every year. You can't seriously think this is a good argument? If so, post the scores of the FCS/RBS for the last 5 years, then post the scores of the TC/RBS or Montery/RBS or Clay County/RBS games.

You can't make any argument by choosing the elite of one category and contrasting with the worst of another...surely you see that?

p.s. This last season RBS was beaten by more than 30 6 times. 5 were publics. In 2 games they were within 1 TD...Picket County and Mt. Juliet Christian. Seems to me they did a lot better vs. the small privates than the small publics they played. Aren't facts inconvenient?

Ok take your pick of any of those other schools you mentioned and count how many times any of them have been to the state championship game in football, baseball, baskeball, track and field, soccer, lacrosse, volleyball?? Heck lets just give them the semi's not even the finals???? Outside of ONE program and that being TC in FOOTBALL ONLY you can't come up with any that consistently get to the state tournament. In past years 15 or 20 years ago Pickett Co was a force in basketball but not consistently now the game has changed!!! Now then lets talk about Temple, Grace, FCS, CPA, DCA, FRA, Ezell Harding, David Lipscomb, Goodpasture, USJ, etc... its very OBVIOUS to anyone that follow high school athletics that the privates have a HUGE advantage year in and year out. We dont have to choose the elite of any category, while the private sector may not win it "consistently" there are more private schools in the playoffs year in and year out than the publics. What you see is the "same" private schools competing EVERY year. However for the most part you will see "different" county schools in there from year to year depending upon that particular year and the athletes that go to that school based "SOLEY" on their geographical location to said school system. It needs to be a total split IMHO. That is if we are going to be fair, but if we did that then the poor little private schools might not be so competitive they might face the same "david vs. goliath" scenerio that the "majority" of the county schools battle every year and we sure wouldn't want that now would we?? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Ok take your pick of any of those other schools you mentioned and count how many times any of them have been to the state championship game in football, baseball, baskeball, track and field, soccer, lacrosse, volleyball?? Heck lets just give them the semi's not even the finals???? Outside of ONE program and that being TC in FOOTBALL ONLY you can't come up with any that consistently get to the state tournament. In past years 15 or 20 years ago Pickett Co was a force in basketball but not consistently now the game has changed!!! Now then lets talk about Temple, Grace, FCS, CPA, DCA, FRA, Ezell Harding, David Lipscomb, Goodpasture, USJ, etc... its very OBVIOUS to anyone that follow high school athletics that the privates have a HUGE advantage year in and year out. We dont have to choose the elite of any category, while the private sector may not win it "consistently" there are more private schools in the playoffs year in and year out than the publics. What you see is the "same" private schools competing EVERY year. However for the most part you will see "different" county schools in there from year to year depending upon that particular year and the athletes that go to that school based "SOLEY" on their geographical location to said school system. It needs to be a total split IMHO. That is if we are going to be fair, but if we did that then the poor little private schools might not be so competitive they might face the same "david vs. goliath" scenerio that the "majority" of the county schools battle every year and we sure wouldn't want that now would we?? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't get the vibe that you want anything "fair". I get the vibe you are just a private hater and don't want privates to be successful. So just get rid of them, because they win more and its unfair. Kick the privates out, and RBS or Pickett Co probably still won't win state these days.

On top of that, you used RBS as an example. That hurt your public/private rep.

bahahahha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't get the vibe that you want anything "fair". I get the vibe you are just a private hater and don't want privates to be successful. So just get rid of them, because they win more and its unfair. Kick the privates out, and RBS or Pickett Co probably still won't win state these days.

On top of that, you used RBS as an example. That hurt your public/private rep.

bahahahha /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I used them as an example of how small schools face an uphill battle EVERY year. I don't hate anyone for your info. What is fair to you sir? MOST Privates compete at a very HIGH level year in and year out which is more than you can say for MOST public school systems. You can't argue or try to make fun of that fact now can you?? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I used them as an example of how small schools face an uphill battle EVERY year. I don't hate anyone for your info. What is fair to you sir? MOST Privates compete at a very HIGH level year in and year out which is more than you can say for MOST public school systems. You can't argue or try to make fun of that fact now can you?? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kick the privates out, and its still and uphill battle for RBS. I hope they get a win soon honestly, but the privates are not the problem that RBS can not win a game. Thats why me, and probably a lot of other posters do not think that is a great example. I think you are smarter than that. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What do you consider a "high level"? So I can argue and make fun of your fact you think you have? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Here's a good quote.... IMO a very good coach too...

"Independent shools have advantages, but it's hard to look at yourself and see your advantages," former BA football coach Carlton Flatt said. "if you're going to have DI and DII, I think every independent school should be in DII. The independent schools have so many more things in their favor, they should compete in the playoff with other private schools."

Here's a good quote.... IMO a very good coach too...

"Independent shools have advantages, but it's hard to look at yourself and see your advantages," former BA football coach Carlton Flatt said. "if you're going to have DI and DII, I think every independent school should be in DII. The independent schools have so many more things in their favor, they should compete in the playoff with other private schools."

Very good post now argue or make fun of that why don't you reaction? This quote is coming from C.Flatt who as we all know is a very respected coach! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Kick the privates out, and its still and uphill battle for RBS. I hope they get a win soon honestly, but the privates are not the problem that RBS can not win a game. Thats why me, and probably a lot of other posters do not think that is a great example. I think you are smarter than that. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What do you consider a "high level"? So I can argue and make fun of your fact you think you have? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Hey stupid did i mention RBS in my last post? I could care less if RBS wins or loses they were merely an example like i said. Your posts are redundant and have little or no meaning most of the time. You're obviously from a private school system that is one of those "exceptions" to the rule for privates as this school rarely competes at anything except football. So i can understand why you are trying your best to belittle everyone else on here and make fun of what is meant for discussion. Bottom line is we'll find out soon enough if they re-classify the privates into one sector which is what should be done! Yeah i say kick the privates out that way you take care of the situations like you had at Temple last year with the football program and the whole "Skogen" incident. What a joke that was!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Hey stupid did i mention RBS in my last post? I could care less if RBS wins or loses they were merely an example like i said. Your posts are redundant and have little or no meaning most of the time. You're obviously from a private school system that is one of those "exceptions" to the rule for privates as this school rarely competes at anything except football. So i can understand why you are trying your best to belittle everyone else on here and make fun of what is meant for discussion. Bottom line is we'll find out soon enough if they re-classify the privates into one sector which is what should be done! Yeah i say kick the privates out that way you take care of the situations like you had at Temple last year with the football program and the whole "Skogen" incident. What a joke that was!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I obviously am from one of those "exception" private schools. Look at my signature. And you call me stupid? hah.

I'm glad Temple got caught doing whatever they did. Honestly, I could care less if they split or not. But to say its unfair, even though publics won all but 1 state title game in D1, ya ok. First it was Privates win too many championships, so they move the small privates up. Now its cause we compete at a high level all the time. We make it to the semi's too much or the quaterfinals too much. What school do you support sir?

Hmm...you ARE right about 1 thing, there are a few small privates that are very good on a regular basis in Football. Temple, Grace, FRA, Ezell, USJ are not them, however. While all of those programs have had good years, and at least 2 have championships (Ezell 8 years ago, FRA longer than that), they are not in the same category as DCA, CPA, Goodpasture, or DLHS. So you named 4 really good private programs. 3 in 2a, 1 in 3a. Ok, now can you name 4 public schools with as good records or better in 1,2, or 3a.

As for your statement that we will see "different" county schools...What a load. The fact is that it is the public schools that have the most dominating state championship records...and it is the same schools over and over. I don't even have to name them...we all know them because they are GREAT programs.

Here is a news flash. Good programs win, public or private. Your implication that the privates are all good is silly. Your implication that somehow the poor noble publics struggle to overcome their disadvantages and maybe once in 20 years get to the championships may be true for some publics, but it is NOT true for the good programs...they are there every year at every level. In fact, they dominate...they are far more dominating than their private counterparts.

Name any current DI private school that has as good a record over the last 5 or 10 years as the best publics. Even DLHS and Goodpasture can't match the best publics in their divisions.